Past #37: Kyron Hayden - delisted end '22 - 12 NM games/ 0 NM goals - thanks Ronny

Remove this Banner Ad

Either that or Egga is going to wake up with a massive hangover this morning!

There needs to be a sticky thread called 'really ridiculous comments' - and if you get 3 in that thread you are struck out for a week!

You would be second out the door after The Ziebull.

You would be second out the door after The Ziebull.
Mate - you are the person speaking crap about players like KH - you clearly have not one idea about football or footballers. Your comments were atrocious and called out for what they were.

Take a couple of aspirin for your hangover - that will help you through today.

I look forward to the mandatory “I was wrong posts”.

The Luke McDonald thread will have its share this year.
I think with LMac he had descended into whipping boy status where people spend the whole game looking for his mistakes and were blinded to the truth that he always has a real dip and that he has improved a hell of a lot over the past season. He has been great this year and I really like him as a lockdown midfielder. Does that mean he won't occasionally revert to his bad habits and blaze away rather than lowering his eyes and looking for a smart target? No.

Let's not let KH become another whipping boy.

Mate - you are the person speaking crap about players like KH - you clearly have not one idea about football or footballers. Your comments were atrocious and called out for what they were.

Take a couple of aspirin for your hangover - that will help you through today.

Cool, and you keep peeing your pants over a guy who can’t get the ball or dispose of it and is marginal in a team playing crap football.

Cool, and you keep peeing your pants over a guy who can’t get the ball or dispose of it and is marginal in a team playing crap football.
Bagging one of our kids and saying we should get rid of him after a couple of ball handling errors suggests you were either pissed or a troll - in your case it may be both.

Don't dig yourself deeper into it - just admit you stuffed up and move on.

Made some errors by biting off more than he had to. Just needs to simplify his game and not trying to much.
Love his attack and putting his body on the line.
Give him a rest for a week as he might be suffering after coming back from injury

There’s some beauties in the Simpkin thread.
To think, we took him over Powell Pepper? Outrageous.

I had a bit of a mare myself in the Simpkin thread. Not that he was no good, I always rated him. When he was struggling to get a kick in the middle I wrote something like ‘he’s a small forward not a midfielder. We’re going to turn him into the next Harper.’

Well I was definitely wrong about him not being a mid

Showing a bit. Bit harsh to be writing him off as yet. I have good vibes about Kyron. A young player needs good players around him to hone his skills and right now he doesn't have that support. Give him a little more time.

Showing a bit. Bit harsh to be writing him off as yet. I have good vibes about Kyron. A young player needs good players around him to hone his skills and right now he doesn't have that support. Give him a little more time.

It’s absolutely ridiculous to write him off based on last night.

He’s been getting better every week, last night he took a step back. His skills are generally great and he’s hard at it.

He’s played 6 games.

Last night was not the game to judge him on. He’s the exact same player he was last week.

His ability to create space and time in tight situations is incredible for such an inexperienced player. He’s, also, hard nosed. Given our lack of Cunnington, Jed and LDU, I just can’t fathom why we don’t just throw into the middle, instead of exposing him completely in an constantly under pressure backline.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Easy to forget how little football this guy has played in the last 5 years. And now he’s playing a foreign position at the highest level and still showing up half the blokes around him.

Incredible to read the criticism being levelled at a 6 gamer who is showing plenty in a team that isn’t exactly flying at the moment. Get your heads out of your asses.

His ability to create space and time in tight situations is incredible for such an inexperienced player. He’s, also, hard nosed. Given our lack of Cunnington, Jed and LDU, I just can’t fathom why we don’t just throw into the middle, instead of exposing him completely in an constantly under pressure backline.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Probably because we need him in defence. He’s been doing a good job till last night. Hopefully if EVW comes back he’ll sure up the backline and we'll have the option to move him up the ground. Murphy coming on would be handy as well. Pretty sure Perez plays off half back as well but he’s injured. Crocker can play defence too.

Not much we can do at the moment

I like Hayden alot. He runs in straight lines and one grabs (even if they were playing with soap last night. Lots of potential. A little bit of Byron Pickett in Kyron.

i am glad you can see the Pickett in him too. I made this call earlier in this post. Yeah he made some mistakes but how good is it to see a young bloke take the game on and try to create something for his team mates up the field. He leaves that middle tier band of list cloggers we have for dead. I'll be disappointed if he is dropped for next week.

Love him and think he will be great (albeit would like him played midfield)... but seriously, whose genius idea was it to play him on Tippa? Are we actively trying to destroy the kids confidence?

Love him and think he will be great (albeit would like him played midfield)... but seriously, whose genius idea was it to play him on Tippa? Are we actively trying to destroy the kids confidence?
i thought it was a good matchup and he beat him in the air twice, only to let himself down with a couple of poor disposals, you did see the game tippa played last time we met them, absulutely put us to the sword, ronnies got a pretty good build to deal with tippas low center of gravity, tippa might have got of the chain a couple of times in link ups but ronnie was making a bit of play as well. the kids backing his instincts and when he adapts to the pace of senior footy will benifit from that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back