Past #37: Kyron Hayden - delisted end '22 - 12 NM games/ 0 NM goals - thanks Ronny

Remove this Banner Ad

Noble has pretty clearly stated that he’ll play both in defence and as an inside mid. I reckon he’s best 22 but starts on the pine and rotates through the two roles depending on matchups etc.

He might be looking at him as a defender because that's where a hard tag would see him ending up.

Another thread gone to sh*t

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
I think it's fairly unanimous the guy can play. He offers a lockdown option in both the backline and mid, and has shown he attacks out of the backline and midfield. I don't rate his kicking as bad as some, but what he showed very well is his ability to work in tight and move it out to the runners.
I know there is interest from WC ( they are giving a few aging players another one year) but he's apparently settled in Melbourne and if North do the right think I think he'll stay.
Now where Noble plays him is still open for discussion, but baring injury I don't think it'll be the vfl or whatever they call it now.

I think it's fairly unanimous the guy can play. He offers a lockdown option in both the backline and mid, and has shown he attacks out of the backline and midfield. I don't rate his kicking as bad as some, but what he showed very well is his ability to work in tight and move it out to the runners.
I know there is interest from WC ( they are giving a few aging players another one year) but he's apparently settled in Melbourne and if North do the right think I think he'll stay.
Now where Noble plays him is still open for discussion, but baring injury I don't think it'll be the vfl or whatever they call it now.
He's going well. He can play multiple roles which is a plus.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Yes it will be a combination of back half roles with bursts/specific jobs in the middle for KH.

KH is comfortably best 22 and it's good to hear he is settled here in Melbs.

Just needs to stay injury free and get a good run at it and the contractual rewards will come.
Write your own cheque Kyron......war chest creaks open.......

We should have offered 2 or 3.

Christ Atley and Macmillan hopeless for years yet extended constantly.

If he he leaves I don't blame him tbh as I'd be pissed off too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The majority of players will stay at the club they are at if they are wanted.

yep and all signs are pointing to us wanting him just need a bit of good footy snd fingers crossed he inks a good contract.

I feel confident he knows exactly what he needs to do and what he’ll get .

yep and all signs are pointing to us wanting him just need a bit of good footy snd fingers crossed he inks a good contract.

I feel confident he knows exactly what he needs to do and what he’ll get .

"Keep doing what you're doing minus your legs exploding"

Tongue in cheek obviously, but I suspect the conversation went along those lines. Not a dig at Kyron in any way, shape, or form, but considering how serious he clearly takes training and preparation it's infuriatingly bad luck to have blown his achilles and then to have a knee injury 8 games into the next season that lingered until the end of the year. I'm still a bit surprised it was only the one year offer, but I suspect the club wanted it's options open for another mass cull this year. Garner and WW, both who have had injury issues, are in the same boat.

At the end of the day if he stays healthy I'm about as bullish as anyone as to what he can achieve, and the quality of the contracts that come along with those types of performances.

"Keep doing what you're doing minus your legs exploding"

Tongue in cheek obviously, but I suspect the conversation went along those lines. Not a dig at Kyron in any way, shape, or form, but considering how serious he clearly takes training and preparation it's infuriatingly bad luck to have blown his achilles and then to have a knee injury 8 games into the next season that lingered until the end of the year. I'm still a bit surprised it was only the one year offer, but I suspect the club wanted it's options open for another mass cull this year. Garner and WW, both who have had injury issues, are in the same boat.

At the end of the day if he stays healthy I'm about as bullish as anyone as to what he can achieve, and the quality of the contracts that come along with those types of performances.

Yeah - we must have lost as many games as any team to injury so surely a clear out of LTI risk was a part of the plan.

Fingers crossed for all three - we are a better team with WW , Garner and Kyron fit snd available

Yeah - we must have lost as many games as any team to injury so surely a clear out of LTI risk was a part of the plan.

Fingers crossed for all three - we are a better team with WW , Garner and Kyron fit snd available

We lost the most games to injury out of any team by a wide margin last year iirc.
I think there was a more recent article that had the entire year, but this was between rounds 2-12 last season:

*.JPG

Only * was anywhere near us, but their injuries were more to their depth players.

We lost the most games to injury out of any team by a wide margin last year iirc.
I think there was a more recent article that had the entire year, but this was between rounds 2-12 last season:

View attachment 1068476

Only * was anywhere near us, but their injuries were more to their depth players.
lol what's Melbourne's excuse

lol what's Melbourne's excuse

Bloody hell, imagine just having one season with a run like gc/melb/rich/bris had. I reckon we would have had the worst injury list in the comp over the past 5 years, all starting with that game in 2016 against the cats where we were down to 1 or 2 on the bench by halftime.

Bloody hell, imagine just having one season with a run like gc/melb/rich/bris had. I reckon we would have had the worst injury list in the comp over the past 5 years, all starting with that game in 2016 against the cats where we were down to 1 or 2 on the bench by halftime.

Was 4 by 1/2 time l am sure.
. Swallow
. Jacobs
. Cunnington
. ? Del Santo
> hence Dangerflog having 49 possessions !

Remove this Banner Ad

Back