Moved Thread #1: Majak Daw -

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waite in the first rounds of this year offered us more than any tall on our list.

As our list currently sits Maj offers more than Waite because 1) he's not injured 2) he's helping Goldy in the ruck thus making Goldy better 3) when it goes pear shaped we can put him in the middle.

Waite in the first rounds of this year offered us more than any tall on our list.

As our list currently sits Maj offers more than Waite because 1) he's not injured 2) he's helping Goldy in the ruck thus making Goldy better 3) when it goes pear shaped we can put him in the middle.

Agree. Waite was great at the start of the year. But rather a fit Daw.

Hun site says 70% of voters saying atm that Maj mark better than Danihers

That mark was iconic. Almost the textbook perfect high speccy.

If he does nothing else in his career Maj has achieved some sort of footy immortality cos people are gonna be watching that for decades. Its up there with marks like Sampi's, Ablett sr's, some of Capper's, Knights and that one Jesaulenko took. Kids who haven't been born yet will see that mark and want to emulate it.

I thought Majak dominated Grundy early on.
Was palming them down to Wells on a platter.
His leap was too much.
Was actually disgruntled seeing Todd in there early on.
100%.....has more power, and quicker recoil on ruck. The intimidation factor helps too. Back tonight I noticed......

While I thought Maj's game was reasonably good I wanted to see him assert his physical presence a lot more.

When that little turd Marley Williams was in his face Maj should've just grabbed him by the jumper with one hand and lifted him off the ground and launched him 5 metres away!

While I thought Maj's game was reasonably good I wanted to see him assert his physical presence a lot more.

When that little turd Marley Williams was in his face Maj should've just grabbed him by the jumper with one hand and lifted him off the ground and launched him 5 metres away!

He is supposed to be very strong in the upper body, I dont know if thats true or not?

I think he was too busy laughing.

yes bloody oath, he brings that and he gets a game every week, he needs to stop being a gentle giant, needs to slam packs and ragdoll flogs when his team mates need him too. just a tad timid at the moment, again something continuity and confidence fixes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just want to say I do want Maj to succeed but he needs to show a bit more over 4 quarters at AFL level and limit schoolboy errors.
I think 2017 should be a good opportunity for him if Drew retires. But if Drew goes around again I'd think the club should say he'd have to accept playing some vfl footy otherwise we are stalling Maj's development. Perhaps Drew could work at VFL level with young McKay whilst playing.
The way Benny Brown has developed makes me think the potential for that improvement is there with Maj. Interesting decisions ahead.

He rucked well on Friday night.
He has played about 20 games.
Big men take longer to develop.
Goldy cannot run ruck 115 minutes per game for the rest of his career, otherwise he will be done in about 2 years.
Brown cannot ruck, and looks like he will get injured.
Need to tolerate mistakes and weaknesses he has - goodness knows, we do that for about a dozen other players.
He looks like he is trying to follow 23 instructions from coaches swimming around inside his head and gets lost.
He should be just told: go and get the ball.
He just needs more game time, especially in the ruck.

He rucked well on Friday night.
He has played about 20 games.
Big men take longer to develop.
Goldy cannot run ruck 115 minutes per game for the rest of his career, otherwise he will be done in about 2 years.
Brown cannot ruck, and looks like he will get injured.
Need to tolerate mistakes and weaknesses he has - goodness knows, we do that for about a dozen other players.
He looks like he is trying to follow 23 instructions from coaches swimming around inside his head and gets lost.
He should be just told: go and get the ball.
He just needs more game time, especially in the ruck.
Agree. He's not a forwards bootlace really as he just doesn't have the game sense. What he does have is a unique athletic ability that only one other player in the entire competition resembles and I think he could surpass what that player has produced. He's an impossible matchup that has the ability to make something from nothing and players like that only come around rarely.

Having said all that, the only way I see him thriving at North is for Goldy to reduce his game time. I don't think that is even a remote possibility tbh, (but one I wouldn't completely agree with either btw).

I think they either go with that or should shop him. Regardless of the club's intentions he needs to play the rest of the year as the rotational ruckman at the very least.

With a bit if creativity from the coaching staff, he could become a deadly weapon.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Takes mark of the year but drops a ton of sitters by comparison, if he is going to play forward then when he gets his hands to the ball and isn't cannoned into, he has to take those relatively simple marks. You don't expect him to take those mark of the year type of marks.

Having said all that, the only way I see him thriving at North is for Goldy to reduce his game time. I don't think that is even a remote possibility tbh, (but one I wouldn't completely agree with either btw).

I think they either go with that or should shop him. Regardless of the club's intentions he needs to play the rest of the year as the rotational ruckman at the very least.

Can run out games now though and with the rotation reductions even a fit Goldy will need a decent chop out. Personally I think there is a spot there for him and we need to give him every chance to take it.

yes bloody oath, he brings that and he gets a game every week, he needs to stop being a gentle giant, needs to slam packs and ragdoll flogs when his team mates need him too. just a tad timid at the moment, again something continuity and confidence fixes.
is he planning on becoming a BF moderator?

Can run out games now though and with the rotation reductions even a fit Goldy will need a decent chop out. Personally I think there is a spot there for him and we need to give him every chance to take it.
Agreed.

With Maj's skill set, he is not that useful to us with Goldy our key ruck. Maj would be better suited to a side with a second string ruckman as back up.

Because, Maj really doesn't play any other position well and in the centre square he can ruck and ruck-rove. Based on that, we should seek a trade for him and work on Preuss as a back-up for Goldy. Just saying

With Maj's skill set, he is not that useful to us with Goldy our key ruck. Maj would be better suited to a side with a second string ruckman as back up.

Because, Maj really doesn't play any other position well and in the centre square he can ruck and ruck-rove. Based on that, we should seek a trade for him and work on Preuss as a back-up for Goldy. Just saying

Only if we get a fifth round draft pick, you'd need to see the LT thread to understand. Besides that why? We're not or shouldn't be in the business of making other sides stronger.

I really want us to persist with him as a midfielder in the way the cats use that big ex steeplechaser.
He'd probably blow up quick though.
He has proven he can ruck for a full game no problem anymore fitness wise. I just don't like him forward, other than for a few short stints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back