Player Watch #38: Tristan Xerri - has signed a 4 year contract extension to the end of 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

Is a 178 Supercoach points good?
I am playing draft for the first time and noticed L.Jackson 178 points.
If your opponent scores that many points I assume they had a Lebron James type performance.
Bont averaged about 127 last year. Think you're being harsh on Xerri, faced two top rucks in two games.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Is a 178 Supercoach points good?
I am playing draft for the first time and noticed L.Jackson 178 points.
If your opponent scores that many points I assume they had a Lebron James type performance.
Yes, that's an incredible performance.

You know that last week, X negated Briggs, an AA calibre ruckman for most of last of year, don't you. That's not an issue for him. What is an issue is freakish athleticism. Luckily there isn't a ruckman as athletic as Jackson in the league, so X won't be beaten that badly for a long time

Yes, that's an incredible performance.

You know that last week, X negated Briggs, an AA calibre ruckman for most of last of year, don't you. That's not an issue for him. What is an issue is freakish athleticism. Luckily there isn't a ruckman as athletic as Jackson in the league, so X won't be beaten that badly for a long time
Xerri is 2 and a half years older than Jackson.
He came to us from the 2017 draft as a project player.
Jackson went at pick 3 in 2019.

I get your point. Jackson is one of the best in the game.

I’m honing in on the third quarter performance.
Jackson has 7 disposals, 2 tackles, 1 mark and a goal.

Xerri had 1 kick, 1 mark and 1 tackle.

We got monstered and Xerri found himself out of the ruck rotations and replaced by CCJ of all people.
He had a hot start but was quiet and went missing when we needed him to stand up.

Great start but Jackson destroyed him in the 3rd. So much so Clarko moved CCJ into the ruck to try and stem the flow.
I know plenty are sold on him but Im not. Need to see him negate his opponent.
Mate a tad harsh and from one who is very harsh. Loved him game, for whatever reason our midfield were all flat-footed in the third. A rough watch but worth watching. Couldn't understand it was like they were buffering.

We got monstered and Xerri found himself out of the ruck rotations and replaced by CCJ of all people.
He had a hot start but was quiet and went missing when we needed him to stand up.

Yeah he had a “hot start” and we should have been 40 points up because of it.

Do you know who Luke Jackson is? If not, look him up. Most athletic tall in the game, if he wants to turn a game he generally will, there’s not much X can do about that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tbf that could be said of most of the team.

I think we needed a captain or some leadership in the backline to help steady us. Funny eye rolling kind of looking around like Father Dougal type look.
1711234120475.png

Great start but Jackson destroyed him in the 3rd. So much so Clarko moved CCJ into the ruck to try and stem the flow.
I know plenty are sold on him but Im not. Need to see him negate his opponent.

Nah, I’ve been just about his biggest critic, Jackson was massive at points, but I actually thought the contest was fairly even across the entire game.

I feel like his game is being overstated slightly, it was good no doubt and definitely broke the game apart in the 3rd, but Xerri mauled him in the first half..

19 disposals, 7 clearances, 6 tackles, 30 hitouts and 4 SI is a massive game from someone who supposedly got smacked.

The difference between the two was pretty much Jackson’s impact deep forward.

Xerri was absolutely huge around the stoppages and a reason we annihilated them in the clearances for much of the game

Along with Powell he’s easily the most improved player in the side. I was definitely keen to see Goad this year in the 1’s at some point this year, but we can afford to wait now.

Last edited:
Nah, I’ve been just about his biggest critic, Jackson was massive at points, but I actually thought the contest was fairly even across the entire game.

I feel like his game is being overstated slightly, it was good no doubt and definitely broke the game apart in the 3rd, but Xerri mauled him in the first half..

19 disposals, 7 clearances, 6 tackles, 30 hitouts and 4 SI is a massive game from someone who supposedly got smacked.

The difference between the two was pretty much Jackson’s impact deep forward.

Xerri was absolutely huge around the stoppages and a reason we annihilated them in the clearances for much of the game

Along with Powell he’s easily the most improved player in the side. I was definitely keen to see Goad this year in the 1’s at some point this year, but we can afford to wait now.
Goad looked good yesterday, but he was totally gassed by mid third quarter yesterday.

Goad looked good yesterday, but he was totally gassed by mid third quarter yesterday.

Yep, needs a year of senior football. He was a basketballer 18 months ago.

When he does emerge in the AFL, some commentators will be “WTF”.

He moves in the same way Jackson does, but hes the size of Max Gawn.

We're screwed if he goes down. Goad & Free monstered today in the VFL. Had to rely on undersized Greenwood to get us home.
Agree with that we'll struggle if X goes down. But Pittonet is better than most at that level, good experience for Goad to play against someone like him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back