Past #39: Flynn Perez - drafted w/ #39 in 2019 ND - 2x ACL - delisted end '23 - 24 NM games / 1 NM goals - thanks Flynn

Remove this Banner Ad

He used to be alot more aggro at the ball. In his first game Charlie Dixon flattened him and he just bounced right back up and charged into it. Not looking good now tho.

Was the complete opposite in his first handful of games attacked the contest with a lot of aggression. I wonder if it’s psychological after his injury history.
Second knee injury has slowed him down. He's clearly down on confidence as a result and some players just don't make the grade from here.
I want Flynn to make it badly.
But seeing blokes like Jacobs, Black, Walker, Harper, EVW, Ahern just never come on after long term injuries I hope he bucks the trend.
I posted this November 2021 and the writing was on the wall then.

I don't know why people keep banging on about these things - everyone is a hindsight expert.

I'd be really interested to read the 2024 draft as composed by some of the experts here. Then look at it in 3 or 4 years.

Come on people, accept the challenge.
The massive hole in the list with regards to talls is not a matter of hindsight, people have been sounding the alarm about it every draft since 2020 and we still haven't taken one in the ND.

The massive hole in the list with regards to talls is not a matter of hindsight, people have been sounding the alarm about it every draft since 2020 and we still haven't taken one in the ND.

Fair enough. So, when the draft order is published, show us what you'd do so you can point out how bad our recruiters were - compared to you - in 3 or 4 years time.

Fair enough. So, when the draft order is published, show us what you'd do so you can point out how bad our recruiters were - compared to you - in 3 or 4 years time.

1) People legitimately do this every year or at the very least post comments of 'wish we took X but oh well, go well.'
2) Our list management and recruitment aren't being paid to beat the average bigfooty pundit. They're being paid to be the best at their craft and help us win a flag.

Most likely a last hurrah for Flynn tomorrow. But there is the Dylan Moore example of saving your career right at the death, with a big game.
Unlike some of the others out of contract, I think he does or at least did have some potential. A game showing what he showed in 2020 tomorrow, could get him a reprieve given many we have out of contract. But he may no longer be physically and mentally capable of that unfortunately.

I can't help but feel that he isn't playing like someone desperate to keep his spot and get re-contracted. I guess we will find out soon enough.

Saving his career this afternoon? Having a decent game.
I suspect many on here under estimate how difficult it is to come back quickly from an ACL injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back