Past #39: Flynn Perez - drafted w/ #39 in 2019 ND - 2x ACL - delisted end '23 - 24 NM games / 1 NM goals - thanks Flynn

Remove this Banner Ad

Selected Perez ahead of Chad Warner…….

I hadn’t seen him in the flesh until I went to training earlier in the year,

Just made the worse decisions under pressure too often, hurried into rush kicks and bombing long to contests.
Game style can’t handle this anymore and clarko wouldn’t be a fan of his lack of composure.

His first game when he went back with the flight against a mad Charlie Dixon. Got up like it didn't happen. Thought we had one. Miserable

Fare well flying Flynn from benders……cut short by those 2 knee recos….best wishes for the future…

Feel a little disappointed for Flynn. Can we rookie him? One of those kids that I always thought had something to give if he could get his fitness right. Just a gut feel.
I agree. I suspect he will be one of those players like Ryan Clarke who fills a role with a team like the Swans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those knee injuries robbed him of his agility and top end speed. As a 16 year old he was quite a dashing half back flanker/mid. Bloody shame.

Can’t fault him for his effort and professionalism, he tried bloody hard to get the best out of himself.

You're talking about a coach that regularly played Daniel Howe...
Howe can at least run, poor Perez looked like he was running in knee deep mud all the time.

You're talking about a coach that regularly played Daniel Howe...
I'm a big one for free speech - provided it bears some relationship to reality.

In that regard (a) the "coach" was on leave for much of the season, and (b) Howe played 11 games of 22, 4 of them as activated substitute.

I guess it depends on your definition of 'regularly'

His first game when he went back with the flight against a mad Charlie Dixon. Got up like it didn't happen. Thought we had one. Miserable
I know. Gutsy as.

Cheers Flynn if your knees had held up it would have been a different story i reckon.

With my awful memory, I'd forgotten we delisted him, so when I saw the news he was playing at Sturt I got a second round of sadness.

Yeah, he was the one I was saddest about, especially after all the rehab stuff. He’s a great character too on a personal level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back