Player Watch #39 Jack Buller

Remove this Banner Ad

On an AA defender. Didn't complete disgrace himself, imo
Reminded a bit of Membery on debut, got himself in good positions at times but largely ignored.

Lets put it this way

Player - Number of AFL pre seasons

Lachlan McAndrew - 2
Corey Warner. - 2
Will Edwards. - 1
Jack Buller - 0

Bloke is literally starting on 0 fitness

I've already seen enough to see the raw talent is there. Moves well. Competes. Athletic. Good hand ball coordination.

To be honest I think horse gave him a game for educational purposes to show him the level required and how much fitness work is needed so he knows what he's training for.

We already had McLean Amarty and Hickey so it wasn't crucial for our structure to play him.

Last edited:
To be honest I think horse gave him a game for educational purposes to show him the level required and how much fitness work is needed so he knows what he's training for.
Yeah I think the immediate contract extension shows we see him as a long term prospect, rather than a guy who could come in and immediately help fix our forward line woes.

Giving him an insight into the level he needs to get to, and also giving him the confidence of the job security and time he needs to get there is the right way to go about it I think.

Didn’t get a lot of the ball but neither did his direct opponent in Harris Andrews. Andrews averages 7 marks a game and only had the 2, so kept him honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back