AFL Player # 4: Kyle Langford - Bent the knee, announces 2042 Father-Son/Daughter Pick - 11/06

Kyle is a...

• pure mid

• pure forward

• mid/forward

• forward/mid

• AFL footballer! (and I don't care where he plays)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I do have bipolar. I wondered how the whole workplace changed over night and why the walls were suddenly white soft and spongy like a marshmallow.
:D :(

Langford is showing all the signs of becoming an elite footballer, he can take a nice mark, he is difficult to tackle, he seems to have time to create, then there are the defensive efforts and to cap it off he can take a nice forward mark and is a lovely kick for goal.

Has anyone noticed his bottom half is almost a spitting image of the guy who wore the number 4 before him?

Haven't looked but I'll take your word for it :rolleyes:

On the serious side, it was really interesting to watch him last night. First game I have actually got to for the year.
There was a time where a few guys were going short with kicks & handballs, kind-of just stuffing around.. Langford got the ball, and picked someone out with a beautiful 40m pass up the line, and it lead to a goal (or shot at). Just summed the moment up instinctively, and nailed it.

Already a good player, and I will be astonished if he is not a very very good player in the next year or two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok... Re-watched the game and Damn :) What a machine...

What gets me though is how is it that he has such exquisite skills to silk the ball no matter how it bounces, skates, pinballs, yet anything coming in over his eyebrows, he's like Stevie Wonder... ???

Love love love him but i find it fascinating that he has trouble with over head marking...

Langford's ball use getting to the level of sublime.

It's not just that he doesn't waste a possession he's getting something close the maximum value for every possession he uses. Even if it's a handball that's an extra two or three meters to set the next player off.

I'm seeing a lot of Sam Mitchell in the way he uses the ball, like the deep lying playing maker on a soccer field. Almost always takes a step back to open up the whole ground in front of him.

Back