AFL Player # 4: Kyle Langford - AA squad, Leading Goalkicker, McKracken Medal, 2nd in Crichton šŸ„ˆ

Kyle is a...

• pure mid

• pure forward

• mid/forward

• forward/mid

• AFL footballer! (and I don't care where he plays)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Will never be a high possession getter. The guy is more an undersized key forward than anything else, he is not and never will be a midfielder and weā€™ve wasted many years on this bulls**t belief that he is.

Heā€™s more like Mitch Brown than anything else - without the tank at this stage.
Finally got to see the highlights; Langers played on from a mark. Infuriatingly unBrownlike.

Why donā€™t we just play him forward? I need an answer.

Heā€™s crap in the middle and good forward. Itā€™s so simple, why do we try and mess with it? He didnā€™t do one positive thing outside the forward half

Good average game. Nice hands in close, think he really benefits from having Parish in there, fit and firing. Those goals weren't exactly clutch, but they did ice the game. Might be gradually refinding his form, which is handy.

Why donā€™t we just play him forward? I need an answer.

Heā€™s crap in the middle and good forward. Itā€™s so simple, why do we try and mess with it? He didnā€™t do one positive thing outside the forward half

Because when youā€™ve spent years doing something it can be hard to admit itā€™s just wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could have a decent scoreboard threat if we keep him forward during the finals.

Will keep presenting for 4 quarters. Great kick and hands.
And he's fairly well versed on playing the stoppages now, so should be quite handy with throw in's and ball ups inside the 50

Plus he can lead up the wing when needed.

I would like to know exactly what people in here are expecting from him? He bobbed up in the
last to kick two goals ffs!! i.e. when the game needed to be won. He most definitely has had some lean weeks but against Freo I thought he went ok - like the rest of the team btw! I know it it easy to make uneducated judgements as I am but I suspect he is playing a specific role that is hard to judge but easy to critisize. Its like when Im at work, I always seem to put paper into the printer. But Ive never ever replaced the cartridge. I have no idea who does that. But if the paper aint in the printer watch ppl go Bezerk. I also think he had a good game too and I wouldn't drop him. (Zerk-Thatcher that is)

I would like to know exactly what people in here are expecting from him? He bobbed up in the
last to kick two goals ffs!! i.e. when the game needed to be won. He most definitely has had some lean weeks but against Freo I thought he went ok - like the rest of the team btw! I know it it easy to make uneducated judgements as I am but I suspect he is playing a specific role that is hard to judge but easy to critisize. Its like when Im at work, I always seem to put paper into the printer. But Ive never ever replaced the cartridge. I have no idea who does that. But if the paper aint in the printer watch ppl go Bezerk. I also think he had a good game too and I wouldn't drop him. (Zerk-Thatcher that is)
They were nice goals too. I thought his game was good. Broke some tackles, he's blocking when he needs to.
Felt this was the first in a long time i've seen where he didn't second guess himself

Need more of it. Whatever was said to him this week should be the constant message...or maybe he was trying to impress Fyfe.
who knows. :p

Meh, junk time stats padding. Once the heat is off Kyle comes into his own.

Meh, junk time stats padding. Once the heat is off Kyle comes into his own.
A bit harsh in this instance, given the two goals he slotted were when we were looking a little wobbly and they had closed to within 19 points.

last
Four quarter effort, not just bobbing up would be a start.

That horrendous inside 50 before the 2 goals was actually perfect for him. He just decided to back himself.

That horrendous inside 50 before the 2 goals was actually perfect for him. He just decided to back himself.
That inside 50 is a perfect example of where he lets himself down at times. He is a very good kick at goal and I'm betting if he takes the shot rather than trying to hit a pretty marginal pass as he did, he'd have kicked the goal. Much like the one he did then drill on the run a few minutes later.

I also agree that he really needs to be more consistent within games. I just think potting him for kicking goals when the game was over is a bit much, because those two goals came when we actually needed a steadier or two.

I coud accuse anyone of Shiel/Merret or Heppell of not putting in a consistent four qtr effort over the year too. Because they are higher profile do they escape scrutiny? I think they do at times. A consistent 4 qtr effort has been an issue for this team all year. Sure Langford is guilty too but so many others.
In regards to fwd 50 entries Ham didn't have a good game either. Zaharakis/McKenna/Redman have plenty of poor inside entries too over the past few weeks. Maybe because Danihar isn't playing it seems worse? If I recall Langford has had some of the better pin point fwd 50 entries over the last 12 months of football then many others. But like alot of ppl Im being selective.

I think he is well and truely worth persavering with. Still very young and a lot to learn and improve on. But it has to be done in the seniors and I think eventually he will become that consistent and reliably dependent player he isn't exactly yet.

That inside 50 is a perfect example of where he lets himself down at times. He is a very good kick at goal and I'm betting if he takes the shot rather than trying to hit a pretty marginal pass as he did, he'd have kicked the goal. Much like the one he did then drill on the run a few minutes later.

I also agree that he really needs to be more consistent within games. I just think potting him for kicking goals when the game was over is a bit much, because those two goals came when we actually needed a steadier or two.
I didn't pot him for that m8

Chalk that one down to Fantasia screaming for it and making a really crap lead, itā€™s almost as if he wanted to cut the angle down for the defender himself.

If you go back and watch the all the goals video youā€™ll find that he kicked 2 and had 4 other hockey assists (the pass before the assist).

His forward IQ is very high, itā€™s almost as if that might be his natural position šŸ˜‚

You're that guy who is the last to leave the printer before the cartridge fades. I've heard people in the lunchroom damn you to hell.

I understand the theory, needing to build team capacity, and with Kyle it's clear he has traits - size and poise at times - but at some point Woosha needs to cut his losses. Kyle is a medium sized forward who can push up the ground to link up. I think that should be his role.

Back