Past #4: Shaun Higgins - Higgo traded to Geelong for 2020 #30 - 2x Syds/108 NM gms/96 NM gls - thx Higgo

Remove this Banner Ad

No. He is absolutely terrified to put his body on the line. You could see the fear in his face in the Melbourne game once he realised Bernie was going after him. Classy player when it's uncontested but is an absolute squib.

Despite your big potato sponsored hissy fit across the board tonight I actually agree with this. Its a feeling i've had building across this season. He made 9 tackles tonight, which on the face of it sounds like he's not scared of contact but i think he likes tackling but doesn't like being tackled.

Despite your big potato sponsored hissy fit across the board tonight I actually agree with this. Its a feeling i've had building across this season. He made 9 tackles tonight, which on the face of it sounds like he's not scared of contact but i think he likes tackling but doesn't like being tackled.
Hahahahaha noone 'likes' being tackled, one of Higgo's great strengths is avoiding the tackler. He's not scared, he's good, but I guess us north fans aren't used to seeing that from our mids...

Hahahahaha noone 'likes' being tackled, one of Higgo's great strengths is avoiding the tackler. He's not scared, he's good, but I guess us north fans aren't used to seeing that from our mids...

No its not just that.

I get what Quiv's talking about.

I wouldn't go as far as he did but there have been a few times I've thought that Higgins squibbed it. Mainly started noticing when he had opportunities to shepherd and didn't. There are also times a mid should take the ball in the midfield and hold it up (a bit like like a front rower in league making a short hard hit up just the afl version of that sort of grunt work,) and he hasn't. I used to think that about Wells a bit too.

I wouldn't call him a pussy but I do think he is a bit soft. There are some people you'd want at your back in a serious fight. He isn't one of them.

But he is a very classy footy player.

Anyone got his goals and behinds kicked so far this season? it feels like its about 7-15. he has missed some important ones too, especially vs cats and dogs.

I had the nmfc website open and checked - 11 goals 16 behinds. I wonder how many of those behinds could have been goals that helped us win?

I remember watching the game on tv where the great G.Archer came back from his busted up hand - I think Cometti was commentating when Arch got the footy for the 1st time and he went "looking for someone to tackle him, anyone!"
This bloke has been targeted for the last few weeks, certainly part and parcel of being a footballer, especially on of his ilk, and he needs a few of his mates to block, shepherd and generally help him out. Part of the problem is he is quicker than most of his teammates and is therefore out on his own. A little bit tongue in cheek, but I don't think at all that he has squibbed too much, when you consider blokes like Heppell are galloping about

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have to admit, I had some worries about him possibility wanting to leave and going to a club with more immediate prospects of success. He's looked a bit frustrated at times this season with the extra attention he's been getting. Obviously he's happy at the club though, which is great- he's one of my favourites.

Re-signed until the end of 2019!

Brilliant. Shaun is an important cog in our plans.

Doctor in Martin or Kellys head in to that clip and bigfooty.com would blow up.

If he can stay injury-free, can easily play til he's 34 I reckon.

For someone who has had so many injuries, he is remarkably fit band athletic and his pure footy ability and skills will keep him going for a while yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back