Player Watch #20: Nick 'Souva' Larkey - '23 AA & '24 NM VC - plays game 100 v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't lie.

Aaron Black never teased you with VFL form.

Correct, his body of work in his first year playing against men is far superior to many draftees of recent times.

Aaron Black was an athlete before a footballer too. Larkey is about as natural as you get.

No doubting that. The kids a footballer. Whether they stuff him up is another question.:rolleyes:

No doubting that. The kids a footballer. Whether they stuff him up is another question.:rolleyes:

"We really want to have a group of key position players who aren't defined by playing at one end of the ground; recently we've moved Nick back to get some experience playing on the small nippy forwards to learn how to stifle an opponent first rather than always looking to create. There's a role in the AFL for him if he learns to play to a structure and within his limitations. "

The Club deserves credit for how well They've drafted lately with Forwards. Brown,Larkey,Wood,Garner

Really looks like he has the tools, can't wait to see him put a bit more size on and see what he can do at AFL level.
Why does he need to put on size. If he has the skills to play, then play him now.

We have spent years having players put on size, and pine away in the magoos. And look where that has gotten us, ******* nowhere.

Give him a crack NOW. Just like we did with Turner.

No wonder our young players look out of place at AFL level; they spend the enthusiastic learning curve time playing in bum*ville at an order of magnitude slower pace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well this is a pleasant surprise :)

So does this mean perhaps that Majak or Goldy not playing? The way Brad was talking in the presser that perhaps maybe one of them might not be playing this week. I know JZ isnt playing but makes me wonder.

Well this is a pleasant surprise :)

So does this mean perhaps that Majak or Goldy not playing? The way Brad was talking in the presser that perhaps maybe one of them might not be playing this week. I know JZ isnt playing but makes me wonder.
Reckon goldy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back