Past #41: Corey Wagner - #43 '15 National Draft - 8 NM games - one Snapchat scandal - thanks Wags

Remove this Banner Ad

For ****s sake. When are our young blokes going to get an extended crack at it.
Certainly the right thread for this type of talk

tenor.gif

Corey Wagner has suffered an unfortunate blow after a brief but encouraging return to the AFL on Saturday.

The small forward had surgery last night after sustaining a high ankle sprain during a tackle on Crow Daniel Talia in the opening minutes of North’s Round 7 win at Blundstone Arena.

“Unfortunately Corey injured the syndesmosis component of his right ankle,” North doctor Peter Bacquie told NMFC.com.au.

“At this stage, we expect him to miss the next six to eight weeks.”

It initially appeared Wagner had only suffered a knock to the jaw from an inadvertent elbow, but the incident was worse than first thought.

“He fell awkwardly after the tackle and the weight of his body came down onto his ankle resulting in a significant sprain,” Bacquie added.

The game was Wagner’s first of the year and fifth of his career so far. North hopes to have him back by Round 14 or 15.

Out of contract this year as well isn't he? Not a good time to get an injury, especially when he was playing good footy in the VFL and had earned his place back in the seniors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh dear...
Just show's how delicate joint injuries can be. Even if he does everything right he could still be out for 10 weeks or so.

Cunner kicked 1st goal last week, but indirectly He helped to create that and had good start to smash them.

Out of contract this year as well isn't he? Not a good time to get an injury, especially when he was playing good footy in the VFL and had earned his place back in the seniors.
End of 2018 I think.

Out of contract end of the year according to footywire.

Has done enough, will get extended, we don't tend to shy away from showing faith in injured blokes.

Out of contract end of the year according to footywire.

Has done enough, will get extended, we don't tend to shy away from showing faith in injured blokes.
The only reason I posted that is that some interesting decisions are going to have to be made at the end of this season regarding the list.

On the face of it of the players out of contract there aren't too many obvious candidates for delistment or retirement. Thompson and Waite are the obvious retirement possibilities but both have played good footy in the last two weeks. Of the younger guys out of contract almost all of them have significant scope for improvement and all of them have shown something.

I wouldn't be surprised to see one or two of those younger guys get delisted and re-rookied this year in order to free up list space. Especially if we're going hard for trade and free agents as has been rumoured.

Anyone got thoughts on this guy? Doesn't seem to offer much and not sure if that will change in future.

Was at the game and he had the job on Ballantyne. Did o.k. but not alot going the other way. Saying that he was free half a dozen times but got burnt by his teamates.

Must admit on tv i didnt pick up he was on ballantyne. But ballantyne did sfa today so he did his part well.

I liked him from Half back. Add's a different dimension when he pushes up the midfield - speed and a bit of veracity. However, when he is up forward, he just seems to be chasing the ball and that's it, no impact and poor running patterns.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back