Past #42: Declan Mountford - delisted by NMFC on 04 October 2018 - thanks and good luck Dec

Remove this Banner Ad

Any specific reasons why?

Imo poor disposal and doesn't follow the flow of play well. Now with what I just posted and without a name am sure we could get 20 posters naming 20 different players.

I'd have Dec in the side over Wright, Turner, Hrovat and Morgan for starters.

Even just for a look right? I know he's been injured, but along with some others, let's have a bit of a look.

We can only ever be looking in and there must be much more that goes on within the Scrote;but surely nearly anyone can play defensive forward? Let's just have a look.

If we delist a quick, committed, tough, hardworking player determined to get the best of himself because of his skills given:

a) about half our list has poor disposal without Dec's physical attributes
b) Richmond just won a premiership off the back of exactly this kind of player
c) we're crying out for run and pressure on every line, which is exactly what he provides

...I will deadset riot

If we delist a quick, committed, tough, hardworking player determined to get the best of himself because of his skills given:

a) about half our list has poor disposal without Dec's physical attributes
b) Richmond just won a premiership off the back of exactly this kind of player
c) we're crying out for run and pressure on every line, which is exactly what he provides

...I will deadset riot
Good. That's 2.

"Scott, what does Kayne offer that Mountford doesn't?"

"Scott...what other small lockdown defender do we have other than Marley?"

"Scott, Mountford!"

Good. That's 2.

"Scott, what does Kayne offer that Mountford doesn't?"

"Scott...what other small lockdown defender do we have other than Marley?"

"Scott, Mountford!"

I'm ready.

Although I only got some old gear.

tumblr_inline_o0ywsuNMSO1s71ybj_540.gif

They don't.

A player that has dedication on the track, fit, applies that manic pressure we need, runs hard both ways, young, tackles hard, able to tag etc isn’t that exactly what type of player we are searching for?

We would rather play Rat, even Morgan or Lmac?

Deadset confused on our strategy

Imo poor disposal and doesn't follow the flow of play well. Now with what I just posted and without a name am sure we could get 20 posters naming 20 different players.

Absolutely this. Again Brad, the selection committee and the rest of the coaching staff still have their favourites

This kind of thing will forever hold us back as a club imo

(Not shooting the messenger mate haha)

A player that has dedication on the track, fit, applies that manic pressure we need, runs hard both ways, young, tackles hard, able to tag etc isn’t that exactly what type of player we are searching for?

We would rather play Rat, even Morgan or Lmac?

Deadset confused on our strategy

Absolutely this. Again Brad, the selection committee and the rest of the coaching staff still have their favourites

This kind of thing will forever hold us back as a club imo

(Not shooting the messenger mate haha)
The legend of Declan Mountford grows every day.

He was out injured when Morgan played.

In fact he's basically been injured all year so not sure up to this point when he was supposed to play.

Hopefully he gets a run this week.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Not Turner, personally (and Morgan has some potential imo).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The finals that we aren't playing...

Turner has kicked 8 goals in 20 games. That's 0.4 as a forward pocket. Baguley from *essendon plays the exact same role and has managed double that in fewer games.

Therein lies the problem though, he’s getting told that he’s doing his role.
You won’t get any extra curve or increase in output because there is no pressure to outperform the current level of player standard.

If the message was Kayne have a spell for a couple of weeks, pressure is good but we need more scoring power, he’s frothing a the bit when he comes back in

A
North Media spoke with senior assistant coach Ben Dyer about some of the standout performers.

Declan Mountford | 20 disposals | 5 tackles | 5 inside 50s

“Again, he was terrific.

“If you’re a spectator and you go to the game you wouldn’t notice half the stuff he does, because he’s so team orientated.

“His tackles are obvious because they save us, but he lays blocks for our inside midfielders, shields other forwards in marking contests and he often runs past guys to be able to tackle and pressure.

“His selfless attitude rubs off on others, because if he does, the others around him need to step up as well.

“He’s doing it off a pretty low base given he’s missed a lot of footy.”

Could do with a few more blokes in 1's with a selfless attitude.

The legend of Declan Mountford grows every day.

He was out injured when Morgan played.

In fact he's basically been injured all year so not sure up to this point when he was supposed to play.

Hopefully he gets a run this week.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Micky you do realise it's 2018 and he was drafted in 2015 and by the start of 2019 he will have played 12 games? And last time out we only offered him a 12 month deal?

Why you think that was? Will give you a tip it ain't because we rate him.

Is there a whole Joyce’s vs Brewis at play here naturally north??

Declan was a late pick under Bryce

Sheesh doubt it , we have revamped our recruiting team and Joyce isn't part of it. The new crew got more games out of Murphy, Walker, LDU than we have seen in years regarding first year players.

Micky you do realise it's 2018 and he was drafted in 2015 and by the start of 2019 he will have played 12 games? And last time out we only offered him a 12 month deal?

I can’t fathom this. He has literally every attribute we lack in the senior side!

Zero games in his debut year. Hardly a surprise there. 12 games in year 2. Injured for chunks of this year.

I’m not doubting your opinions, but we can’t really say blokes have been picked ahead of him when he’s basically been unavailable the whole time.

Personally I put him in the Hibberd not much chop category. Mind you, I reckon there’s a few more that could join them.

I'm glad I'm not the only one completely flummoxed by Dec's lack of opportunities.

Of all the head scratching stuff a club dishes up over any given season this one takes the cake. Is by no means a complete player (either are 18-20 senior players) but his 3 or 4 best attributes happen to be what we are CRYING OUT FOR!

When we were flying I get it, and he was injured. With what we've served up last 6 weeks and he's now fit??

If he gets delisted pls message me the location, im rioting too.

I.
Just.
Don't.
Get.
It.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back