Past #42: Declan Mountford - delisted by NMFC on 04 October 2018 - thanks and good luck Dec

Remove this Banner Ad

after reading NN posts which make a huge amount of sense, he will be delisted

Personally I have always been a massive fan of Mountford and will be furious when it happens

Yeah wasn't a very difficult picture to paint I thought. Not saying I agree but it's how it is. Not sure why some are favoured over others. Happens in all walks of life I suppose.

Never know he could get another year, plenty worse on our list than Dec.

Named in the squad again.

There just can't be any truth to the talk he isn't rated internally. It's impressive he's been on the cusp for a month now coming back from a pretty shitty injury.

Yes, we may listen to trades but there's almost no chance he'll be delisted surely.

North Media spoke with senior assistant coach Ben Dyer about some of the standout performers.

Declan Mountford | 20 disposals | 5 tackles | 5 inside 50s

“Again, he was terrific.

“If you’re a spectator and you go to the game you wouldn’t notice half the stuff he does, because he’s so team orientated.

“His tackles are obvious because they save us, but he lays blocks for our inside midfielders, shields other forwards in marking contests and he often runs past guys to be able to tackle and pressure.

“His selfless attitude rubs off on others, because if he does, the others around him need to step up as well.

“He’s doing it off a pretty low base given he’s missed a lot of footy.”

With such comments your got to wonder what they’re smoking on selection night.
As said by nearly everyone on here - he has the skills we need badly.
Could replace 6 guys that get picked weekly and it’s be an improvement - he must of told scotts the truth - that he can’t coach

I think Mountford looks to have some traits we could use but I would say - When has the club in recent time delisted a player who went on to be a gun elsewhere?

We may not have a perfect draft record but we seem to be pretty astute at actually working out if the players we have drafted are any good.

Mountford seems to be joining a list of players BF loves and hypes up but the club does not.

Kennedy, Richardson, Harper, M Warren, Currie are just a handful of names I can remember. Each of these guys were supposedly better than our 22 and we would completely regret ever losing them

I personally like what Dec brings but I'm pretty confident the club know a lot better than I if he is good enough to make it or not.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I think Mountford looks to have some traits we could use but I would say - When has the club in recent time delisted a player who went on to be a gun elsewhere?

We may not have a perfect draft record but we seem to be pretty astute at actually working out if the players we have drafted are any good.

Mountford seems to be joining a list of players BF loves and hypes up but the club does not.

Kennedy, Richardson, Harper, M Warren, Currie are just a handful of names I can remember. Each of these guys were supposedly better than our 22 and we would completely regret ever losing them

I personally like what Dec brings but I'm pretty confident the club know a lot better than I if he is good enough to make it or not.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
I’m using the same logic to prepare myself for his departure. But I can’t believe it. He just looks so much like what we need, it boggles my mind.

I like the kid, but I don't get the levels of hype he currently gets.

It's not as if he's winning VFL matches off his own boot.

If he played a full year I’d almost guarantee his output would have been better than McDonalds

Utter frogshit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With such comments your got to wonder what they’re smoking on selection night.
As said by nearly everyone on here - he has the skills we need badly.
Could replace 6 guys that get picked weekly and it’s be an improvement - he must of told scotts the truth - that he can’t coach

Dont take these vfl form reports to seriously. They are basically puff pieces written for the marketing department. Like funeral euligys have you ever heard a negative one?

What annoys me is I like him and what he's got to offer, but honestly see him becoming a 16-22 touch per game mid.

Which we probably have enough of. Think if Jacobs is cooked he could be trained and tested as a tagger, but yeah I just see myself becoming frustrated.

I would like to see him get another chance , particularly in place of Turner or Clarke ATM.

We keep hearing he has all the tricks.

Unfortunately we didn’t see many of them when he played 15 games last year.

I know it was his first year but I thought he was a bit underwhelming

I would like to see him get another chance , particularly in place of Turner or Clarke ATM.

We keep hearing he has all the tricks.

Unfortunately we didn’t see many of them when he played 15 games last year.

I know it was his first year but I thought he was a bit underwhelming

This is the thing, people don't actually get off their backsides & go watch that VFL and/or lack the footy nous to be able to identify proper ready to go AFL talent and in their angst for change they start throwing names around in the weekly "changes" thread in the belief the club has to facilitate their curiosity. This results further in the minds of the uninformed/interstate reader, that these players are persecuted champions being held back by the administration.

This type of reasoning is why the weekly changes thread is 90% dung.

Mountford is quickish, determined and a committed player, but it's not as if he has even torn up a VFL match.

Hibberd is streets ahead of him on that count. He actually DOES consistently get a ton of the ball in the VFL.

Last edited:
This is the thing, people don't actually get off their backsides & go watch that VFL and/or lack the footy nous to be able to identify proper ready to go AFL talent in their angst for change they start throwing names around in the weekly "changes" thread in the belief the club has to facilitate their curiosity, and in the minds of the uninformed/interstate reader these players begin to take on persecuted champion status.

Mountford is quickish, determined and a committed player, but it's not as if he has even torn up a VFL match.

Hibberd is streets ahead of him on that count. He actually DOES consistently get a ton of the ball in the VFL.

So in your opinion, why have we gone back to Hrovat this week instead of a Hibberd?

It’s not like Hrovat will be rotating through the square. Dumont will likely go inside leaving Hrovat on a wing.

This is the thing, people don't actually get off their backsides & go watch that VFL and/or lack the footy nous to be able to identify proper ready to go AFL talent and in their angst for change they start throwing names around in the weekly "changes" thread in the belief the club has to facilitate their curiosity. This results further, in the minds of the uninformed/interstate reader, that these players begin to take on persecuted champion status.

You had me until Hibberd.

I think they both could get delisted at the end of the year. Both show promise and capability but neither have torn the door down. I think we only keep one, we are more likely to keep your man come the end of the year.

This is the thing, people don't actually get off their backsides & go watch that VFL and/or lack the footy nous to be able to identify proper ready to go AFL talent and in their angst for change they start throwing names around in the weekly "changes" thread in the belief the club has to facilitate their curiosity. This results further in the minds of the uninformed/interstate reader, that these players are persecuted champions being held back by the administration.

Its almost like some sort of weird cult where the VFL players pressing for senior selection are revered as demigods but the bottom 6 in the seniors are viewed as 'evil spirits' that need to be stoned to death......

You had me until Hibberd.

I think they both could get delisted at the end of the year. Both show promise and capability but neither have torn the door down. I think we only keep one, we are more likely to keep your man come the end of the year.
I think Dec could have been a good tag for Sloan. Would be better at that than Hibbo. That said, Hibbo has been a high possession winner all year, whether running through the midfield or patching up the backline. I think that players these days can be undervalued as they are to "play a role". Hibbo has been pretty good will go close to winning the North VFL teams B&F this year.

So in your opinion, why have we gone back to Hrovat this week instead of a Hibberd?

It’s not like Hrovat will be rotating through the square. Dumont will likely go inside leaving Hrovat on a wing.

Forward pressure.

Hibberd is a free running attacking half back.

Its almost like some sort of weird cult where the VFL players pressing for senior selection are revered as demigods but the bottom 6 in the seniors are viewed as 'evil spirits' that need to be stoned to death......

Great summation. It's truly bizarre.

Almost as bizarre as the posters that see any news of a potential trade as the primary excuse to take the axe to their whipping boy of the month. They don't post about how trade X is going to improve our side, their automatic response to the news is that player Z finally gets the chop now to make way for trade X, and that this will satisfy their "karmic vengeance".

There's a lot of s**t campaigners getting about calling themselves North supporters these days.

Their North existence seems to wholly consist of bagging the players. They actually get off on this s**t.

IMO, a few opposition trolls have snuck in here and set up camp.

Great summation. It's truly bizarre.

Almost as bizarre as the posters that see any news of a potential trade as the primary excuse to take the axe to their whipping boy of the month. They don't post about how trade X is going to improve our side, their automatic response to the news is that player Z finally gets the chop now to make way for trade X, and that this will satisfy their "karmic vengeance".

There's a lot of s**t campaigners getting about calling themselves North supporters these days.

Their North existence seems to wholly consist of bagging the players. They actually get off on this s**t.

IMO, a few opposition trolls have snuck in here and set up camp.
Spot on. Excitement about a potential new signing plays second fiddle to the insatiable thirst for bloodletting.....They remind me of evangelical preachers speaking in tongues and screaming for vengeance...The criticism of players is so binary and simplistic. Super tedious.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back