AFL Player # 4: Kyle Langford - AA squad, Leading Goalkicker, McKracken Medal, 2nd in Crichton 🥈

Kyle is a...

• pure mid

• pure forward

• mid/forward

• forward/mid

• AFL footballer! (and I don't care where he plays)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

id like to see him still get games. The VFL is going to teach him little at this stage.
22 games this season and i think he can develop the aspects of his game that arent quite there. And when he does, he looks like he will a very dangerous mid/fwd.

Agree. He's probably not best 22 right now but better getting games into him than say Howlett.

I really don't know about Langford. There is something off about him and I've felt that way for a while.

Not sure he will be the midfielder that everyone is hoping he will be.

I think because this is his 3rd year at the club we are expecting a bit much from him, he got drafted as a 17yo, he's only just turned 20.

Needs to be given atleast another couple of years. Jobe did bugger all in his first 3 years.

I could be wrong in my assessment here but he appeared to spend a lot more time in the middle during the JLT games, particularly the last game which resulted in him getting more touch. Then last night he seemed to be playing HFF for most of the game and didn't have a lot of it.
I'd really like to see him thrown at the centre bounces a bit more... that's where his development will come.

Overall not too worried about him.

I like it when he has the ball, but I feel like that isn't enough.

One of those "slows down time" types, makes tacklers miss him, frees team mates up, is really good with the ball.

I'd stick him on Rockliff next week, get him to see what a true accumulator does to get the ball, and at the same time give him the chance to pinch it from him. Following week throw him on Cripps.

Would prefer Laverde, as the 6th forward. Hits up better, more explosive and is a better mark. I'd still like them to both play some games as pure mids in VFL.
Be that as it may, Laverde is out of the picture for at least half of this year. He's injured.

What I think may be helpful to him is maybe he can tag a few blokes throughout the year to learn what they do. I'd like to see it against Sloane, Fyfe, Selwood, Ward and Pendlebury to start.

Quiet game but didn't do heaps wrong apart from missed chances at goal. Didn't find it as much as I would have expected but he'll take time getting used to having our top midfielders back, he is still behind most of them & learning the game. Confident in his ability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's fine. A lonnnnng season to come and he'll be into it soon..like next week.

He's clearly not a guy that's going to go bang and start producing at an elite level, but he's showing good signs that he's working up to that. He made mistakes tonight but he also did a lot of things right and he had a steady if slight improvement over last week. If he can keep this steady improvement going week to week, he'll be an important and influential cog in the midfield by the end of the year.

Brisbane, despite predictions, were a tough nut to crack. It was not an easy job being an Essendon midfielder tonight. Martin was sublime, Rockliff and Beams were industrious and the supporting cast rose to the occasion.

Missed a vital one too! :)
Worked his way into the game well after another disappointing start. Just needs to compose himself a bit and think thimhs through.

Only young too. He will learn, I think he will return to form against the Blues. Hope it can play the same as he did against them last year.

Back