Past #43: Tom Jeffries - delisted with two years left on contract - thanks for your efforts Tom

Remove this Banner Ad

Could be doing a free degree and living on campus at a prestigious uni a couple of hours from Manhattan.

As we all know, real talent goes to Yale.

No cons, only pro's, project ruckman for practically zilch, no need to use a late draft pick or rookie pick, probably still growing into his frame, possibilities are huge, if it ends up a bust, no biggie.
Fits kr's narrative of dumping Goldstein if we were to replace him in the team with Preuss and make Jeffries the understudy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a Wallace type shoot at the moon, if he works- Brilliant, if he doesn't we've lost literally nothing.

Also for mine opens up our draft on Friday, felt we would use one of our picks on a project player, this allows us to get another outside mid especially if we grab Brodie at 11-13.

I still for the life of me have no idea why he gave up what he did to take this Cat B spot on our list, to play VFL Reserves next year, in a game he's never played before. He must really hate his parents.
I'd say the coaching staff put him through his paces and got a fair idea of his potential. Perhaps they're convinced that he'll have more of a potential career in AFL than in rowing. Also, there's more professional AFL players than rugby in Australia. Probably why so many leave cricket and basketball. There's so many more professional AFL players, the likelihood of earning a good living is higher.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back