Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - [AFL.com] NM offers 5yr deal - CZ interest from SYD/GC - CZ mgr says 'wants to see improvement' & 'team success'

Remove this Banner Ad

It was a dog act, one I fully endorse.

We're not afraid to mongrel teams anymore - especially one that targets our players whenever we play them.

We bent their brains so hard, Sicily stepped on Shaun Atley.

Shaun is about as inoffensive as a Maroon 5 song.

We're not afraid to mongrel teams anymore - especially one that targets our players whenever we play them.

Bad example...any Maroon 5 song is highly offensive.

Brad has copped it on here for that "flying the flag is crap comment" but it's pretty funny because from what I've seen we're right up there with the meanest and most physical sides in the league. I think what he really meant by the comment is our aggression will not be reactive, we'll take our free kick, mark down what happened and next time around we're going to try and provoke a reaction.

Eg.
2015:
26040d4f3bbd928bde70c27fe8d32cf5.jpeg
2016:
448169-tlslargeportrait.jpg

Yep. Turner was in at a centre bounce. We had no option we were gutted on the bench.

I’m not against Turner getting a crack in the middle from time to time, regardless of our bench situation. To me, he’s part of our growing “mosquito army” with Anderson and Simpkin being the other two. Along with Jacobs, their “buzzing” pressure is relentless and is resulting in us winning centre clearances that we would have lost in the past. Atley is even getting in on the act. LMac just needs to fire up a little and we’ll be really in business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not against Turner getting a crack in the middle from time to time, regardless of our bench situation. To me, he’s part of our growing “mosquito army” with Anderson and Simpkin being the other two. Along with Jacobs, their “buzzing” pressure is relentless and is resulting in us winning centre clearances that we would have lost in the past. Atley is even getting in on the act. LMac just needs to fire up a little and we’ll be really in business.

Garner and Hayden inwaiting

He was actually a very good full forward in his young days back at school, in a very strong side. He was also a knob. Some things never change.
I think I've posted this before but my brother in law went to school with Maher (and quite probably you too TT) and he says his nickname was Bucket, as in bucket mouth (from which much sh*t emanated). Every now and then when he gets on the sherbets, he drunk dials my brother in law and tells him how much he loves and respects him. My brother in law does not enjoy these phone calls.

They swarm like angry jumping ants.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I've posted this before but my brother in law went to school with Maher (and quite probably you too TT) and he says his nickname was Bucket, as in bucket mouth (from which much sh*t emanated). Every now and then when he gets on the sherbets, he drunk dials my brother in law and tells him how much he loves and respects him. My brother in law does not enjoy these phone calls.

Well Maher was two years ahead of me so I presume your bro in-law would've been too and yep, I would've been there at the same time. He's correct about the Buckets thing, in name and nature.

Bad example...any Maroon 5 song is highly offensive.
Well yknow. We're cold enough to chill their bones; it feels like they don't know us anymore.

Can someone please help me understand why his bump was rated impact to the head? I cannot see any frame where he makes contact with Mirras head. Thanks in advance.
I posted in the MRO thread. The rule states that if your action causes another player to hit his head into a fence (or another player) then it is deemed as high contact. Although most of the contact was with the shoulder his head also hit the fence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back