Past #44: Djaran Whyman - drafted '06 rookie draft - promoted end '06 - delisted end '07 - 3 games for NM

Remove this Banner Ad

Could it be times for Djars following Wells' injury? Check out this from The Age:

NORTH Ballarat rebounded strongly from its 100-point embarrassment last week to upset Port Melbourne by five points at TEAC Oval.

The Roosters had been in front all day and looked home when leading by 27 points half-way through the final quarter, before Port booted a quick-fire four goals to almost pinch the points.

However, the Roosters were able to hold on in an agonisingly long final quarter and record their second win on the road.

Kangaroos-listed Djaran Whyman was at his best, booting three goals and setting up several other chances with his trademark dash.

Roosters goalsneak Dean Chester kicked four, while Port centre half-forward Jeremy Dukes seems to have rectified his wayward set-shot kicking and finished with a bag of six.

Could it be? From memory he has been decent this year in the twos, if not starring.

Definately!!!

Loved watching him play in the pre season, really think he could at least hold his own in the seniors.

Definately!!!

Loved watching him play in the pre season, really think he could at least hold his own in the seniors.

Went down to the match at Port yesterday, good game of footy.
Liked the look of Gavin Urqhart shows good potential.

Djars was good and Thomas threw himself into everything.
Would love to see Djars get a go, I do think now is the time to see if he can step up.

Would love to see Djars get a go, I do think now is the time to see if he can step up.

At least there's one thing we can say about Thomas. We thought he wasnt doing well. Thanks KL

Thomas wasn't mentioned in any reports - did he play well enough to get back in next week?

I thought that Thomas struggled to make an impact in the half I saw. He was played as a forward (so that probably puts paid to any idea of him replacing Wellsy in the midfield) but just wasn't having a particularly good day. However he persisted with his chasing and tackling and work off the ball which was very encouraging. May be a chance to get back in the team but didn't knock the door down.

Did like the look of Djars though... think he could add something through the midfield.

I do like the idea of djars but it will be hard to overlook a guy who gets dropped and goes straight back to the VFL and gets best on in a hard fought game.

We cannot replace what Wellsy brings, but Adams strikes me as the type who if given time in the middle will take to it straight away - similiar to what happened when we threw Swallow in there last year vs Geelong. plus he does have really good skills and we know we will lose nothing in attack.

I would go with Adams for Wells.

I would go with Adams for Wells.

I agree.
I'm a fan of Djars but from what I've seen he doesnt run out games too well. Plus his skills were sloppy in the NAB cup games that he played.

We have no one to replace Wellsy's skill and pace at the moment, so I say we go for more grunt.

Bring on fanta pants!

Yeh i posted about djars in another thread. He will come into the side with Thomas.

Wellsy is worth 2 players an di think we need those two to cover.

So we'll play with 23? Or are we dropping another experienced player in order to balance some arbitrary colour of skin equation with 2 darker kids in for wells?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel we have enough of Adams types in the team atm in terms of contested football but would like to see Djars be given a go because of his dash. if he doesnt have the engine, then rest him up forward.

I feel we have enough of Adams types in the team atm in terms of contested football but would like to see Djars be given a go because of his dash. if he doesnt have the engine, then rest him up forward.

Agree with that, he's just as good as a crumber

I have only heard great things about him on this board, after his stellar pre season. Come into the side Djars, and enlighten me.

I have only heard great things about him on this board, after his stellar pre season. Come into the side Djars, and enlighten me.

when i went 2 da intra club match whyman was prob bog with his midfield and was very serious to his approach of the game that day.

VFL best player lists should be taken with a fair grain of salt.

I'll second & third that.

Nobody is going to replace Wells per se. And the most recent better performers in the two's (Lower, Green, Whyman) don't nearly replace him. All the "best of" have seemed to be ignoring a guy that has been amongst the votes of late and fits the clubs new policy, and thats Ben Ross. He would be my in without even thinking about it.

I also hope Hale quickly finds some touch. He was very quiet on Friday night, which can be forgiven after missing 3 weeks, but if he can't find some form quickly, we lose out on our rotation and he becomes a liability as the balance becomes an issue.

Kid reportedly turned in a top preseason and seems to be doing good things in the VFL. I reckon he has something to offer based on past seasons.

With a few having a taste of senior footy, why has he not had a go? Is he likely to play a game for us?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back