Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 16: One-Hit Wonder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Part 17 of this thread is here ->

Joe Biden, 46th President Thread is over there ->

Presidential Election Aftermath thread is here ->

Last edited by a moderator:
The Mueller Report came out of aggressively investigating the campaign, using subpoenas to seize documents. Somehow it missed this story, but it's apparently been found now, with no explanation and no evidence given. After we just found out that a previous Russian bombshell, insisted upon but with zero evidence given at the time, was baseless. And when someone gives information without proof against their enemies, scepticism can surely be the only reasonable response. You can say this makes me sound like an anti-vaxxer, but I'm not the one accepting unsubstantiated accusations as facts because they confirm the conclusion I want them to.

Shockingly the views of Trump apologists don't carry a lot of water with me either.

You just accepted Mueller's "unsubstantiated accusation" that Kilimnik was given polling data. Why do you accept this? You didn't see any of the evidence - it was just in Mueller's report.

So what do you think Kilimnik did with the data? It's not that out there to believe that he gave it to someone in the Russian government. That's why it's not that hard to believe this latest report. The same report that you relying to claim the bounty story was false.

I see the good ol' laughing emoji to my last post which means 'I need to show I disagree but can't do it with words'

I mean.. you probably wouldn't have copped that if you'd managed to avoid a laughably inconsistent response.

The other poster acknowledged that yes, the Russian bounties story was probably a beat up and asked you to acknowledge that yes, Kilimnik being given the polling data probably constitutes 'collusion'. Instead you characterised it as a narrative and went off on a tangent about China ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
What?!?!? The USA literally told Australia last week it expects us to fight with them against China when Taiwan is invaded. And the USA media has been prepping everyone for a hot war in Asia for months now.

America has a bigger military budget than the top 15 nations combined yet they still need to drag other people into their wars. Fight it yourself

America has a bigger military budget than the top 15 nations combined yet they still need to drag other people into their wars. Fight it yourself

they need us for legitimacy, not firepower

Yes, dragging a regional nation in the ass end of nowhere sure makes their war seem more "just"

Go drag Japan in their sh*t, leave us alone

Japan are restricted in what they can do due to their post ww2 constitution. its not as onerous as it was, but its still pretty restrictive

Didn't Shinzo Abe said fu** you to that a while ago?

To a degree. Japanese having an offensive military is not popular at home. Also the rest of Asia was pretty much furious that they did as much as they have - noone is forgetting 80 years ago

To a degree. Japanese having an offensive military is not popular at home. Also the rest of Asia was pretty much furious that they did as much as they have - noone is forgetting 80 years ago

Japanese millennials and Gen Z are much, much more right wing than western millennials/Gen Z, they are nationalists and very anti-Korea/China

It's worrying, my grand parents went through WWII in China, everytime Japan goes nationalist, we all go, "oh no not again"

Japanese millennials and Gen Z are much, much more right wing than western millennials/Gen Z, they are nationalists and very anti-Korea/China

It's worrying, my grand parents went through WWII in China, everytime Japan goes nationalist, we all go, "oh no not again"

their nationalism isnt like ours. there is still a lot of shame (they just dont talk about it publicly, especially with anyone of chinese/korean ancestry)

Except this time, Japan is in no position to pick a fight with China.

their nationalism isnt like ours. there is still a lot of shame (they just dont talk about it publicly, especially with anyone of chinese/korean ancestry)

Think the shame is with the boomer generation that actually fought the war, the young ones that didn't go through it have been brainwashed instead. They aren't told what really happened

Think the shame is with the boomer generation that actually fought the war, the young ones that didn't go through it have been brainwashed instead. They aren't told what really happened

the boomers are the generation AFTER the war (called boomers because they were born in the post ww2 baby boom)

japanese education does dance around a lot of the atrocities, but younger japanese are curious and learn for themselves. And my initial experiences of this were in the 90's with 20 something japanese who didnt have the internet back then, and who were coming from a fair bit of privilage.

All nations have nationalists, and we shouldnt think they represent the whole. most australians dont want a return to a white australia policy, most americans dont think slavery helped black people, and most chinese dont want to invade japan to finish the job

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the boomers are the generation AFTER the war (called boomers because they were born in the post ww2 baby boom)

japanese education does dance around a lot of the atrocities, but younger japanese are curious and learn for themselves. And my initial experiences of this were in the 90's with 20 something japanese who didnt have the internet back then, and who were coming from a fair bit of privilage.

All nations have nationalists, and we shouldnt think they represent the whole. most australians dont want a return to a white australia policy, most americans dont think slavery helped black people, and most chinese dont want to invade japan to finish the job

Oh yes, baby boomers are the generation after the war, I just use boomer as a phrase nowadays for anyone old

There's definitely a shift towards nationalism as a whole from Japan starting from their government, we can't disregard that. Young Japanese nowadays are bombarded with more nationalist rhetoric from their media nowadays, similar to the way Americans get fed a lot of garbage through a lot of the crazy media outlets. Millennials and Gen Z, while being the most educated of the lot, are also vulnerable to the craziest propaganda from social media

Oh yes, baby boomers are the generation after the war, I just use boomer as a phrase nowadays for anyone old

There's definitely a shift towards nationalism as a whole from Japan starting from their government, we can't disregard that. Young Japanese nowadays are bombarded with more nationalist rhetoric from their media nowadays, similar to the way Americans get fed a lot of garbage through a lot of the crazy media outlets. Millennials and Gen Z, while being the most educated of the lot, are also vulnerable to the craziest propaganda from social media

Have you watched Japanese media?

1) most of it isn't even targeted at gen z

2) what they are watching is the same stupid shit as our gen z (reality shit and J pop dribble)

So, essentially same as us :p. Do you think gen z watches sky after dark or listens to Neil Mitchell?

Issue in Japan is the economy. For all the conservatism being discussed, they are still talking up greater migrant intakes and proper recognition for South Koreans in Japan (something that is loathed by genuine nationalists)

Have you watched Japanese media?

1) most of it isn't even targeted at gen z

2) what they are watching is the same stupid sh*t as our gen z (reality sh*t and J pop dribble)

So, essentially same as us :p. Do you think gen z watches sky after dark or listens to Neil Mitchell?

Issue in Japan is the economy. For all the conservatism being discussed, they are still talking up greater migrant intakes and proper recognition for South Koreans in Japan (something that is loathed by genuine nationalists)

Oh buddy

They have their own versions of shock jocks and crazy authors as well, some of their best seller books preach anti-korean sentiment. A whole shelf of them last time I was there (two years ago), something crazy like this

I don't know why we're even talking about this in the Trump thread tbh, oh btw, out of all developed nations, Trump is by far the most popular in Japan. Speaks for itself

rom4f6kwdwx41.jpg

Oh buddy

They have their own versions of shock jocks and crazy authors as well, some of their best seller books preach anti-korean sentiment. A whole shelf of them last time I was there (two years ago), something crazy like this

I don't know why we're even talking about this in the Trump thread tbh, oh btw, out of all developed nations, Trump is by far the most popular in Japan. Speaks for itself

rom4f6kwdwx41.jpg

again - how often do you see a gen z read a book these days?

even in the USA, young trumpians are fanatical but a minority

most young peeps give more shits about becoming an influencer than political

As per Planet Extra podcast, these little yellow pre ticked donation boxes ensured the Trump campaign had to refund more donation $$$ in one month than the Biden campaign in over two years. It’s straight up fraud, and they are still doing it (they also include refunded/disputed $$ in their fund raising reporting).
The Trump base are so stupid that they continue to be fleeced by their Orange Overlord, even after he’s lost the election.

Last edited:
You would think that after learning that the story of Russian bounties in Afghanistan turned out to be a baseless story leaked by the CIA that there would be some self-reflection. But no, here we go again, embracing fully the latest evidence-free US Government assertion regarding Russia.
Haha no. Russia is literally the most evil place on Earth, Navalny is the hero of liberalism and Trump is literally OWNED by Putin!

Did you even hear about the $46k spent on Russian troll farms that outweighs the billions spent on political campaigns?

You just don't get it, bro.

I watched a Japanese YouTube video recently that involved asking young Japanese about WW2. Their ignorance is truly staggering. As one of the more knowledgeable interviewees said, Japanese response to WW2 is the direct opposite of Germany's.

Many seemed to think they were a victim of aggression.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

I watched a Japanese YouTube video recently that involved asking young Japanese about WW2. Their ignorance is truly staggering. As one of the more knowledgeable interviewees said, Japanese response to WW2 is the direct opposite of Germany's.

Many seemed to think they were a victim of aggression.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

Some are like that, but those interviews tend to be selective (same trick our media.do). Do you honestly think Young Japanese who travel the world don't find out the truth, or that Japanese kids haven't found wiki?

Some are like that, but those interviews tend to be selective (same trick our media.do). Do you honestly think Young Japanese who travel the world don't find out the truth, or that Japanese kids haven't found wiki?
Most Japanese dont travel the world. Most kids have found wiki, they just aren't looking up Japanese aggression in WW2. The YouTube video I mentioned was a Japanese run channel, not a Western run one. A Japanese guy looking to test what younger Japanese people thought of WW2. So, yes, small sample, hardly scientific, but he wasn't a media channel looking for controversy. I say this as a fan of Japanese culture (it was why I was looking up Japanese YouTube).

Most Japanese dont travel the world. Most kids have found wiki, they just aren't looking up Japanese aggression in WW2. The YouTube video I mentioned was a Japanese run channel, not a Western run one. A Japanese guy looking to test what younger Japanese people thought of WW2. So, yes, small sample, hardly scientific, but he wasn't a media channel looking for controversy. I say this as a fan of Japanese culture (it was why I was looking up Japanese YouTube).

I've spent 25 years working for or with Japanese companies, your sample is massively unrepresentative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back