Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 16: One-Hit Wonder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Part 17 of this thread is here ->

Joe Biden, 46th President Thread is over there ->

Presidential Election Aftermath thread is here ->

Last edited by a moderator:
Not necessarily, as the example above shows email correspondence from a journalist to the agency for them to provide edit to his draft stories. The fact is, multiple former senior officials at the CIA, NSA and FBI have talking head gigs at a range of media outlets, where they are presented as neutral experts while pushing some pretty awful lines without being challenged. As noted, the American cable news cycle is full of voices condemning the withdrawal from Afghanistan as a disaster, despite it being supported by the overall population. Whether "controlled" is perhaps a hyperbolic term is to miss the point of what is a dreadfully concerning part of the behaviour of the American news media.
Gil McLachlan Likes This

Excellent article about the history of RW grifters monetizing fear.

Naturally Don the Con gets a mention as the unquestionable champion of the modern era in fleecing rubes.

“In 2016, the Republicans showed they could eventually unite behind a candidate who made no distinction at all between his business and political interests. In a sense, the American right got the leader it deserved: as Paul Waldman says, Trump’s presidency revealed that “so many people at so many levels within the Republican Party [were] grifters, lunatics, or both.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was there a request for donations at the conclusion of that article like there are most from The G? Not bad in an article about grifting.

Greenwald goes on Tucker because he's said he'd go on any program that would have him because he's happy to speak to any audience. Pete Buttigieg and Bernie Sanders have both also appeared on Fox News for much the same reason.

Not necessarily, as the example above shows email correspondence from a journalist to the agency for them to provide edit to his draft stories. The fact is, multiple former senior officials at the CIA, NSA and FBI have talking head gigs at a range of media outlets, where they are presented as neutral experts while pushing some pretty awful lines without being challenged. As noted, the American cable news cycle is full of voices condemning the withdrawal from Afghanistan as a disaster, despite it being supported by the overall population. Whether "controlled" is perhaps a hyperbolic term is to miss the point of what is a dreadfully concerning part of the behaviour of the American news media.
I don't know whether the overall population support the shambolic handling of the withdrawal even if in theory they support the idea of a 'withdrawal' of some sort.

I don't know whether the overall population support the shambolic handling of the withdrawal even if in theory they support the idea of a 'withdrawal' of some sort.
They dont have to support the shambolic withdrawal, they just have to not care that much. And if its Afghanis suffering the most, they probably will not.

Was there a request for donations at the conclusion of that article like there are most from The G? Not bad in an article about grifting.

I happily contribute to media sources like the G as I believe a free press is one of the bedrocks of healthy democracy.

Unlike Don the Con who would turn the US into a sort of Las Vegas version of North Korea if he could.

The Guardian is a business. It provides a service in exchange for money. It’s called journalism.

Trump is a conman who stokes the worst instincts & fears of the ignorant to fleece them.
That’s called politics.

So yeah, not a very convincing equivalence.

I happily contribute to media sources like the G as I believe a free press is one of the bedrocks of healthy democracy.

Unlike Don the Con who would turn the US into a sort of Las Vegas version of North Korea if he could.

The Guardian is a business. It provides a service in exchange for money. It’s called journalism.

Trump is a conman who stokes the worst instincts & fears of the ignorant to fleece them.
That’s called politics.

So yeah, not a very convincing equivalence.

You probably work for a company that sells things too! Oh the hypocrisy!

Why are people so mad? In hindsight Trump was pretty damn good. Hope he wins in 2024, it was a fun ride while he was in, boring as shyyte now. Surely we all miss the massive rallies and YMCA dances? You just don’t get that joy and excitement with grumpy old puppet Joe.

Why are people so mad? In hindsight Trump was pretty damn good. Hope he wins in 2024, it was a fun ride while he was in, boring as shyyte now. Surely we all miss the massive rallies and YMCA dances? You just don’t get that joy and excitement with grumpy old puppet Joe.
The line is baited….now we wait.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trump when pompeo signed the deal expected to running with look at deal I made in november reelection . Without covid Trump would have probably been reelected . Had trump been reelected he probably would have reneged on agreement. Biden came in with covid 19 to deal with and Trump agreement with 5000 prisoners roaming around Afghanistan. Biden was stuffed either way.

Yeah I’m sure it’s Drumpfs peace deal that is the problem, not the Afghan army dropping their weapons and running despite outnumbering the “enemy” 10 to 1 😂

He negotiated a deal with the Taliban, but didn't include the Afghan government. He effectively negotiated the release of terrorists.

Do you really not understand this part?

The wall wasn't completed, and parts of it are falling over.

Did he go with the cheapest quotes, or was it dodgy contractor mates?

Now you guys want the wall and think he should have spent more on it. Lol.

He negotiated a deal with the Taliban, but didn't include the Afghan government. He effectively negotiated the release of terrorists.

Do you really not understand this part?

You know the guy in charge of the Taliban now was released from Gitmo by Barry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back