Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 9 - The Shi'ites Hit The Fan (Cont. in Part 10, see OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what I am getting from that is: it's a bad look. And it is. Of course it is. It was 4 or 5 years ago when it was raised in public in the White House.

Because it was Obama, media didn't follow it up.

Trying to link the prosecutor to investigations is tenuous. If anything WAS amiss, it was lucky for Biden that the entire EU, the IMF and others were lobbying to have the prosecutor sacked because... wait... he WASN'T prosecuting the big fish?

So Biden, fully aware that this prosecutor would probably NEVER prosecute anyone like his son's employer, was WRONG to get the guy sacked? It doesn't scan.

I say again: the guy was notorious for not prosecuting people with exactly the job description of Biden Jr.

Well I guess the GOP doesn't give a stuff about those niceties.?

The most pertinent sentence to me was this: "When the news broke that a CIA whistle-blower launched a complaint about President Trump’s apparent request that Ukraine investigate Biden and his son Hunter’s ties to Ukrainian gas giant Burisma, Joe had no choice but to respond."

ie Joe the Front Runner was the most instant and spectacular victim of Pelosi's choice to pursue impeachment.
How this will work out remains to be seen.

Oh the irony,

A week ago a parody site released the headline "Trump family comes together to condemn nepotism".

It's still valid.

Not really, the extreme left can also be violent (they certainly don't have the bodycount the far right do though in modern times).

What are you counting as "modern times"?

So only deaths constitute 'political violence' you say? (which is what we were discussing)
We were clearly talking about political protests in the west (given every RW talking point on this thread so far is "but antifa").

If we're discussing genocide, then the Soviet union, Nazis, Armenians, King Leopold etc etc would be appropriate but that's well off topic.

We were clearly talking about political protests in the west (given every RW talking point on this thread so far is "but antifa").

If we're discussing genocide, then the Soviet union, Nazis, Armenians, King Leopold etc etc would be appropriate but that's well off topic.

But Antifa are the main antagonists as far political violence in the modern era goes and they're only getting more & more violent.

But Antifa are the main antagonists as far political violence in the modern era goes and they're only getting more & more violent.
Timothy McVeigh, Christchurch shooting, Charlottesville, 2011 Norway attacks... sure, it's all Antifa's fault.

Timothy McVeigh, Christchurch shooting, Charlottesville, 2011 Norway attacks... sure, it's all Antifa's fault.

I'm aware of those lone wolves.

But lets deflect from Antifa being an organized domestic terrorist group who use violence and intimidation to further their extremist political goals.

"The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has formally classified the activities of anti-fascist groups (antifa) as "domestic terrorist violence" since early 2016, according to confidential law enforcement documents obtained by Politico and interviews."

"Newly disclosed documents show authorities believed "anarchist extremists" were the main cause of violence at a number of public rallies. A confidential 2016 joint intelligence assessment by DHS and the FBI blamed the antifa for attacks on a range of targets, including police, government institutions and symbols of "the capitalist system."

Since so many of you have demanded more #FireFacts, here's a quick one:

In the year 2019, nazism continues to inflict horrors upon the world.

For example: at the June meeting for neo nazis in Melbourne, I accidentally left my jacket behind when I left. Not one of them had the decency to collect it and return it to me. There are some seriously bad people out there...

#bashthefash I say!

A far-left genocidal dictatorship no less.

So only deaths constitute 'political violence' you say? (which is what we were discussing)

No - once again, you're the only one saying that.

lol. In one post you're including a genocide from 70 years ago in an effort to support a clearly flawed position, in the next you're seeking to narrow the definition of political violence to the push-and-shove we see at rallies and protests :drunk:

Like I said mate, if you're this desperate to support a 'side' go find a sport.

I'm aware of those lone wolves.

But lets deflect from Antifa being an organized domestic terrorist group who use violence and intimidation to further their extremist political goals.

"The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has formally classified the activities of anti-fascist groups (antifa) as "domestic terrorist violence" since early 2016, according to confidential law enforcement documents obtained by Politico and interviews."

"Newly disclosed documents show authorities believed "anarchist extremists" were the main cause of violence at a number of public rallies. A confidential 2016 joint intelligence assessment by DHS and the FBI blamed the antifa for attacks on a range of targets, including police, government institutions and symbols of "the capitalist system."

Ah, so now its the 'organised' nature of it thats the real scary part, as opposed to death toll for example.

Seems legit lol. Aren't you guys always preaching facts over feelings?

FWIW I agree, antifa are a disgusting mob. Their existence still doesn't mean what you think it means though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm also not the one downplaying political violence committed by Antifa with "but, but, but the far-right currently have the higher body count!!!11" & "Antifa are cheeky rascals but they haven't killed anyone that I know of!!!11"

Is it too much to ask that you yourself keep track of what you have posted? :drunk:

The only thing I'm downplaying is the idea that "teh left" have a mortgage on political violence.

Fair enough, however political violence as a whole is pretty one sided.

Is it?

Antifa, as moronic and repugnant as they are, haven't killed anyone yet to my knowledge.

Is it too much to ask that you yourself keep track of what you have posted? :drunk:

The only thing I'm downplaying is the idea that "teh left" have a mortgage on political violence.

I outright reject your biased interpretations of my words.

"teh left" have a mortgage on political violence

vs

political violence as a whole is pretty one sided

President Putin thinking around about now that he is very pleased that the US has a Game Show host as President. Makes his life so much more easier.

For goodness sake. It's in their Constitution that if the People elect a fu**knuckle as their President there are safeguards to enable them to be ejected from office. That's all the US is doing. We should just let them get on with their constitutional business in peace.
So that's what this is all about... well at least you're honest I'll give you that.

Impeach Trump because he's a douchebag.

Maybe the Dems should run with that and the fact they don't think they can win in 2020,instead of pretending it's anything else.

So that's what this is all about... well at least you're honest I'll give you that.

Impeach Trump because he's a douchebag.

Maybe the Dems should run with that and the fact they don't think they can win in 2020,instead of pretending it's anything else.
It's constitutionally sound. Yes the President has many powers, however if they cross the line then the People can get rid of them.
If Trump keeps going as he is going he'll be unelectable next year. GOP at the crossroads with Trump.

He met the whistleblower before the complaint was made he claimed he didn't. The whistleblower also lied about this meeting.

Also that old chestnut "I've seen material evidence of trumps' collusion with Russia".
OK so nothing about the evidence, just a meeting.

How does this affect the nature of the impeachment? The charges?

OK so nothing about the evidence, just a meeting.

How does this affect the nature of the impeachment? The charges?

The complaint was held up to change whistleblower laws to make the complaint valid. Pretty questionable practise.

There are no charges because the dems don't want a vote just to cast a shadow over trump. They should take a formal vote but won't because it will all fall apart as soon as the complaint becomes public

The complaint was held up to change whistleblower laws to make the complaint valid. Pretty questionable practise.

There are no charges because the dems don't want a vote just to cast a shadow over trump. They should take a formal vote but won't because it will all fall apart as soon as the complaint becomes public
False. There hasn't been a change to the whistleblower laws since middle of 2018.

Stop getting your "news" from Donnie's twittter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back