Past #46: Lachlan Hosie - delisted after 5 NM games/3 NM goals - thanks Hose

Remove this Banner Ad

So the club makes that decision without giving him a game. Meanwhile jmac and atley stink it up every week and one of them is in the leadership group.

I’d like to think they see him day in day out and be able to assess if he’s of a good enough quality of getting a game

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’d like to think they see him day in day out and be able to assess if he’s of a good enough quality of getting a game

I'm sure you're right, but it's hard to imagine he would have given us less than Xerri and Campbell. I really would have thought with Larkey out it would have been a good opportunity to see what Hosie's got.

We need to see how he goes at the level at some stage

I suppose it worrying that he hasn’t before the xerri, Campbell experiments. My thoughts and this also goes for McKay and Durdin is that if those two are getting games ahead of you then you mustn’t be showing enough for a game

Bullsh1t...Get him in a game and see what he can do.

Especially when he showed some great form in the 2's last year.

Especially when you have lost 3 straight games before this one.

Plenty of examples of average trainers that were really good footballers.

Without any exposed form in the 2s they can only go off training and the occasional 14 a side scratch match then his attitude to training is important. That being said, haven't heard his name mentioned once in discussion of scratch match performance. Might not be going well enough to warrant selection

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Without any exposed form in the 2s they can only go off training and the occasional 14 a side scratch match then his attitude to training is important. That being said, haven't heard his name mentioned once in discussion of scratch match performance. Might not be going well enough to warrant selection

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was mentioned by someone here after the last Melbourne scratchie , said he was not good. I guess he’s just playing out his contract before heading back to the palindrome next year.

I wouldn’t give him games if he’s not up to it, rather the slot be used on someone the club feels is the future, happy to trust the club on this one. There have been a few opportunities for him to come in yet he hasn’t been selected...you’d think there’s a reason

I remember a back page headline in the Truth many moons ago......" Cockatoo brothers not up to scratch".

Maybe if the Truth was still around...... " Hosie not the reel deal" or some such would work.

They could explain how he needs to get the kinks out of his game as he does tend to spray the odd disposal. He'd then be a fixture in the team and trigger another contract. That's if he can handle the pressure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn’t give him games if he’s not up to it, rather the slot be used on someone the club feels is the future, happy to trust the club on this one. There have been a few opportunities for him to come in yet he hasn’t been selected...you’d think there’s a reason
Glad you trust the club.

Not sure if you have noticed but we have lost our last 4.
Including a smashing from the bulldogs, who one week later, got smashed by the blues.

Very happy you have complete faith in the North system.

Meanwhile we recycle Wood.
Meanwhile we play a ruckman Campbell as a forward and how many times has that worked ?

But a high draft pick in the mid season, a consistent vfl goal kicker, isn't worth a game ?

Ps. Not everything the club does is the best way to go.

I remember a back page headline in the Truth many moons ago......" Cockatoo brothers not up to scratch".

Maybe if the Truth was still around...... " Hosie not the reel deal" or some such would work.
I played footy with them up in Cairns several lifetimes ago. Gun footballers and ripping fella's.

Glad you trust the club.

Not sure if you have noticed but we have lost our last 4.
Including a smashing from the bulldogs, who one week later, got smashed by the blues.

Very happy you have complete faith in the North system.

Meanwhile we recycle Wood.
Meanwhile we play a ruckman Campbell as a forward and how many times has that worked ?

But a high draft pick in the mid season, a consistent vfl goal kicker, isn't worth a game ?

Ps. Not everything the club does is the best way to go.

A high draft pick in the mid-season? That's still lower than all the pre-season and rookie drafts. So effectively equates to a pick above 80.

If the rumours he came back from the break out of shape and that he has turned up late to training several times are true then he hasn't deserved to be picked. He is a 6'1" lead and mark forward. He would need to be doing everything right to have a chance.

Don't know if you noticed but Wood seemed to have a much better game in the scratch match than Hosie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back