Player Watch #46: Robert Hansen Jnr

Remove this Banner Ad

I would be staggered if Hansen Jr plays 1 good game for us. And by good, I’m talking 2-3 goals, 5 tackles inside 50, 12-15 touches.
Not a 1 goal, 8 touches, 2 tackle game where he “showed something”, or “you liked him” or “something to work with”.

Same position as you mate.

Absolutely bizarre he's this close to team selection after watching almost every minute of VFL football this year. Coaches must be watching different games to me.

"There's something to work with" best describes him. For the other periods of games he's a Phoenix Spicer clone that looks out of his depth with the physical contact at VFL level.

Hope he proves me wrong.

Same position as you mate.

Absolutely bizarre he's this close to team selection after watching almost every minute of VFL football this year. Coaches must be watching different games to me.

"There's something to work with" best describes him. For the other periods of games he's a Phoenix Spicer clone that looks out of his depth with the physical contact at VFL level.

Hope he proves me wrong.
I think he's streets ahead of Spicer. He's already got a 4 goal game at VFL level. Doubt Spicer ever did that. He is fast, evasive and his kicking is good. Spicer was quick but nothing else. His dispoasal was woeful and he didn't kick goals. RHJ is only 20 and developing nicely for me.

I think he's streets ahead of Spicer. He's already got a 4 goal game at VFL level. Doubt Spicer ever did that. He is fast, evasive and his kicking is good. Spicer was quick but nothing else. His dispoasal was woeful and he didn't kick goals. RHJ is only 20 and developing nicely for me.

He's kicked multiple goals twice in the VFL, including that 4 goal game you are alluding to in his 8 games so far at the level.

Spicer has kicked 2 and 3 goals in the last 2 weeks for Footscray in the VFL.

Neither hold a patch on Harvey who has 2 bags of 5, a bag of 4 and 4 other multiple goal games in only a similar amount of games.

He's kicked multiple goals twice in the VFL, including that 4 goal game you are alluding to in his 8 games so far at the level.

Spicer has kicked 2 and 3 goals in the last 2 weeks for Footscray in the VFL.

Neither hold a patch on Harvey who has 2 bags of 5, a bag of 4 and 4 other multiple goal games in only a similar amount of games.
Agree Harvey looks really promising. Great finisher and great mark for his size. Looked like he worked really hard on his tank during the off season so the injury setback is a real shame.

Nice to see him on the fringes of the senior team. Probably won't play this week but he has a potential defensive forward role or might even be okay on a wing. Has pace, which is also something we need.

We have enough sizzle now, we lack sausage which has been the opposite of our teams for some time.

I’m not sure RHJ provides either.

We're quick to judge these kids. Not sure how you can really judge them with 2 years in an AFL system. Maurice Rioli is really starting to perform consistently this year and had some early stumbles and didn't look great but had some flashes. RHJ is two years younger.
I like the idea of him off HB. He’s definitely got something to work with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back