List Mgmt. #?: Byron Pickett Jnr - Father/Son 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmmmm. There were rumours. Wouldn’t put it past them anyway.
I’d still rather we don’t play him in our vfl team and we overpay, like we did with Luke. Hope junior choppy turns out to be a steal.
Right now he needs to show he’s even rookie worthy.

We can hide him after he plays an eye catching game or 2/if he does

The young fellow could be a slow burn. I seem to recall Byron was a surprise pick at number 67.
Think we've seen enough with Bailey and Jacko that our FS whilst not being highly rated juniors, have a real desire to make it for our club.

The fact he's packed his life up to move over to Vic and play Knights a year out tells you everything he needs to know about his drive and determination.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The young fellow could be a slow burn. I seem to recall Byron was a surprise pick at number 67.

Sure he burnt a few picks but Stibbard could find gems in the mid-later rounds.

Pickett, Mooney, Harvey, Goldstein, Thomas, Adams, Thompson, Greenwood, Firrito, Petrie etc

Zurhaar, Brown and Larkey are the only booms I can think of in the last decade who were taken outside the 1st round. Might be overlooking someone. Am excluding Bailey Scott because of his father-son status.

It’s great news that he has moved to Melbourne. You’d think that it all but confirms that we’ll be drafting him. It’s even better news if he has shot up to 193cm as neddy36 has suggested.

Him and Nate Caddy should make a high powered forward line for the Knights. There’s a decent enough chance we could end up picking both.

I know I’m repeating myself bordering Nostra territory, but I’d be surprised if he isn’t doing a preseason block with us.
Good if true. Get him ingrained into the club as much and as early as we can, get his old man down, send merch. Whatever is takes so that it is a natural progression that he nominates us.

Pickett, Mooney, Harvey, Goldstein, Thomas, Adams, Thompson, Greenwood, Firrito, Petrie etc

Zurhaar, Brown and Larkey are the only booms I can think of in the last decade who were taken outside the 1st round. Might be overlooking someone. Am excluding Bailey Scott because of his father-son status.
It doesn’t help that we have been rookie drafting out delisted players

Is it too early to call Paul Curtis a second round boom?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back