List Mgmt. 2023 Staying or Going? - Delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Turner & Howe are from all reports amongst the hardest trainers and fittest at the club. Can't help but think that perhaps the reason they're being kept on is almost like being on-field coaches at training, given the soft cap restraints. Probably playing mainly VFL & only being break glass in emergency types for senior selection.

Otherwise, a bit puzzling given they're known quantities in terms of on-field ability (i.e.not great)

Of course, could all change in the coming weeks.

Turner & Howe are from all reports amongst the hardest trainers and fittest at the club. Can't help but think that perhaps the reason they're being kept on is almost like being on-field coaches at training, given the soft cap restraints. Probably playing mainly VFL & only being break glass in emergency types for senior selection.

Otherwise, a bit puzzling given they're known quantities in terms of on-field ability (i.e.not great)

I wonder if behind doors the afl said you can keep the 2 rookie spots on the proviso you retain existing experienced players.

I wonder if behind doors the afl said you can keep the 2 rookie spots on the proviso you retain existing experienced players.
Hmm, not sure the AFL would be that direct, but given the caveats they've put on our assistance, I wouldn't put it past them.

The Turner role up forward?. Defensive mid size forward with a physical presence? Don't know if I like it or not as it keeps another of our developing forwards out of the side.
Struts Wardlaw would be awesome in that role. Imagine if we had another one of him rotating fed/mid…..Reid perhaps??

Yeah from memory both shield and Howe were in the top 5 in their first club time trial. Says it all really

I guess it’s telling that Perez only has one game that I can really remember that gave me some indication he might be good. Maybe his first one?

Unfortunately he goes down in the group as one of those guys that did their acl at the worst possible time of their development.

rip Perez, EVW, Ahern and co
Sorry dumb question - EVW is?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hearing mahony is the only one going to survive from the 4 left to sign.
Club just waiting things out in the hope that someone offers a pick instead of straight delisting.
Mahony told by the club to get the surgery, miss the rest of the year and they'd contract him for 2024.
Wait and see what happens.

Club just waiting things out in the hope that someone offers a pick instead of straight delisting.
Mahony told by the club to get the surgery, miss the rest of the year and they'd contract him for 2024.
Why would any club want bonar Howe or Turner? Sounds bs to me

I’m ok with keeping Mahony if we lose the other 3.

Well … Robbie Tarrant might be exhibit A for the defence…. ziebell broke a leg early?
Robbies knees were fine.
Ziebells broken legs caught up with him in the end.
They were also recruited in an era where footballers and not athletes were going in the draft.

My point is more from recent times - it just seems leg and knee injuries seem to be having a much more permanent impact on the players ability to come back to peak fitness.

Yep Bonar, Turner & Mahony. Not sure we can have another 12 list changes though.

I'd keep Mahony & Perez if I had my way. 12 months each.
Not a shot at you, but I'm not seeing enough in either to keep persevering with, other than they are young. I can't really see Mahn's being a Caleb Daniels type, and Perez I'm just not sure what he is in terms of a player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back