List Mgmt. 2023 Staying or Going? - Delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah from memory both shield and Howe were in the top 5 in their first club time trial. Says it all really
Not a new phenomenon. BBB and Dal Santo both alluded to worse standards at North than their other clubs. JHF mentioned experiencing some shock in that regard once he moved to Port, and I'm inclined to believe him

Should absolutely keep Mahony out of the 4 remaining uncontracted. Even if he's my anti-whipping boy and I'm biased in favour of him, when he's fit he offers more than Turner in the same position. He had a really good, really underrated 2021 where he played that pressure forward role and whenever we looked half-decent and were able to lock the ball in F50, it was his hard work that made that possible. He's obviously not the most mobile player but he's a quick thinker under pressure and can set up some nice passages of play with a quick handball off the deck.

Bonar just has to go, there's no excuse to keep carrying him now that he's uncontracted, he doesn't bolster our ailing KPD stocks because he's not really a KPD, he can't play on key forwards. If it comes down to Howe or Turner I'm keeping Howe, very similar players except Howe is far better at getting involved in play.

Should absolutely keep Mahony out of the 4 remaining uncontracted. Even if he's my anti-whipping boy and I'm biased in favour of him, when he's fit he offers more than Turner in the same position. He had a really good, really underrated 2021 where he played that pressure forward role and whenever we looked half-decent and were able to lock the ball in F50, it was his hard work that made that possible. He's obviously not the most mobile player but he's a quick thinker under pressure and can set up some nice passages of play with a quick handball off the deck.

Bonar just has to go, there's no excuse to keep carrying him now that he's uncontracted, he doesn't bolster our ailing KPD stocks because he's not really a KPD, he can't play on key forwards. If it comes down to Howe or Turner I'm keeping Howe, very similar players except Howe is far better at getting involved in play.
Mahony should be put on the rookie list.

We need to move on from limited types.

I'm fine with moving him to the rookie list. But at this point, I think we already have the list room to add all the draftees + the two trade targets, so we might as well keep him. I think the metric for cutting too deep is when you delist guys who maybe do deserve to be delisted, but you don't actually replace them with anyone worth having. Like, for example, you could say delisting Mason Wood was the right move for a number of reasons, but we ended up drafting Patrick Walker who took up a list spot for 2 years without ever looking like being a player. Wood could have come in handy in that time even if he never became the player we hoped he'd be. If we delist Mahony, it would have to be so that we can grab a player we rate above Mahony.

A gun?

I'm not certain everybody here shares your opinion but you're entitled to it.

Has the attributes but seems to not be a "natural" footballer. Isn't fluent. Migt be needed next season if a decent KPD isn't found which might be why he's still in consideration.

A gun?

I'm not certain everybody here shares your opinion but you're entitled to it.

Has the attributes but seems to not be a "natural" footballer. Isn't fluent. Migt be needed next season if a decent KPD isn't found which might be why he's still in consideration.
Nah Bonars is like Bonox no one is a fan. Shoot him as far as we can out of a cannon.

Not a new phenomenon. BBB and Dal Santo both alluded to worse standards at North than their other clubs. JHF mentioned experiencing some shock in that regard once he moved to Port, and I'm inclined to believe him
Yes this! Under BS our culture became one of being comfortable as AFL players rather than a team striving for a premiership. This is the main reason imo that we will see a dramatic uptick in on field and on the ladder next season 👍

Why would any club want bonar Howe or Turner? Sounds bs to me
Kiewa-Sandy Creek for Turner? Time to go back and play on that lovely ground again Kayno...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mahony has some good attributes, but he lacks speed/agility so with his size he has been murdered at stoppages in tackles. I am not sure if there is a role we could use him in that wont get him killed, my concern is that he will keep leaving the field horizontally like Adams did, I think he has similar lateral awareness issues similar to Patch. At least Judd isn't playing, shouldn't get his arm pulled out of it's socket.

I liked Perez too but we are in a bit of a hole, we need to keep some potatoes on the list so we can be somewhat competitive in the short-term but it is soaking up some valuable list space. I think he could make a good AFL player, if he can find the right role.

Mahony has some good attributes, but he lacks speed/agility so with his size he has been murdered at stoppages in tackles. I am not sure if there is a role we could use him in that wont get him killed, my concern is that he will keep leaving the field horizontally like Adams did, I think he has similar lateral awareness issues similar to Patch. At least Judd isn't playing, shouldn't get his arm pulled out of it's socket.

I liked Perez too but we are in a bit of a hole, we need to keep some potatoes on the list so we can be somewhat competitive in the short-term but it is soaking up some valuable list space. I think he could make a good AFL player, if he can find the right role.
Perez going before Mahony or Howe is ridiculous

Even if they all likely end up going it still should have been the other way around

Remove this Banner Ad

Back