Preview 2023 Syd Barker Preview and Count

Remove this Banner Ad

4, 3,2,1.
Yes however its the 5 coaches giving votes and it's not just 4 players receiving votes - players are allocated votes on a 4-1 rating based on the criteria specified in each game (GR put the criteria up earlier in this thread.)

At the extreme there could be no votes awarded in some really bad games and every player could get votes in really good team effort win. 20 votes is the maximum a player can receive for an individual game (and he must have been a clear bog to each coach to get the 20 votes).

Yes however its the 5 coaches giving votes and it's not just 4 players receiving votes - players are allocated votes on a 4-1 rating based on the criteria specified in each game (GR put the criteria up earlier in this thread.)

At the extreme there could be no votes awarded in some really bad games and every player could get votes in really good team effort win. 20 votes is the maximum a player can receive for an individual game (and he must have been a clear bog to each coach to get the 20 votes).
So you can kind of judge the year on how many players get votes in each game and on how many players donm't get votes across the season etc etc. Its a good system if you can see every weeks votes cos supporters can get a goiod view of how the footy dept. see the players..

2023-Syd-Barker-Medal-Blue-Carpet-IMG_8251.JPG
'Best Cardboard Cut-Out of a Disgruntled Runaway' award goes to Robert Hansen Jnr's effigy, supplied & dressed by Visy.

I hate ranting like this, but the fact we are now 24 hours on from the event and there’s only one video/interview on the club website is f****** piss poor.

Fair enough there was a live stream we could have watched but to be honest most people have better things to do on a Saturday night. It’s even more reason that the live stream should just be reposted somewhere.

Maybe they’ll get to it at some point, but this would have never happened under Heath’s watch. We would at a minimum have a video of the winner’s acceptance speech.

I hate ranting like this, but the fact we are now 24 hours on from the event and there’s only one video/interview on the club website is f****** piss poor.

Fair enough there was a live stream we could have watched but to be honest most people have better things to do on a Saturday night. It’s even more reason that the live stream should just be reposted somewhere.

Maybe they’ll get to it at some point, but this would have never happened under Heath’s watch. We would at a minimum have a video of the winner’s acceptance speech.

I will take it up when I ring tomorrow to discuss my unbeknownst doubling of my 2024 Membership invoice

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To play devil's advocate; the BnF is essentially the 'work xmas party' for footy teams, and that includes the media/content team.

They're all hungover AF today I am certain, and will get back to work tomorrow.

l often wonder how the club work out their seating arrangements, l understand that players, family and friends would get good seating as well as Administration staff but how does the club work out the rest. Some people who pay for seats end up closer to the players than those who are Coterie members or player sponsors. It seems to be a miss mash and the club could do better. On a players sponsors front maybe if there are only player sponsors and no friends putting them on the same table would be good as they would have something in common to chat about. its little things like this that makes it feel like the club cares about its supporters and members..Rant over.

You need to chill, it’s a Sunday and no one is working today and nor should they.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back