Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Should I Go Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

It was good to have a win yesterday but let’s not forget the 20 losses before . We will delist a minimum 8 possibly 12 as we have to cull the extra 4. Three have retired so makes it a bit easier for the club. You would think players in trouble are Young, Turner, Free, Mahoney, Shiels, Howe, Bonar, Edwards,Spicer, Perez, Question marks over Greenwood,Goldstein and McKay. There’s plenty for the club to pick from and it just depends how much we want to turnover the list. As many have said we want to upgrade each player that goes if possible.

Kayno - stays imo
TT- stays
McKay- going

The rest….
kayno is to nmfc what nmfc is to the league,

like a cockroach that just wont go away, embodies the shinboner spirit.

could add kayno to Dr Atlets quote
"If there's a nuclear holocaust tomorrow only two things will survive. Cockroaches and the North Melbourne Football Club."

McKay can fugg off - stories around how his manager is handling the auction are interesting. Understand he needs to get the best deal he can. The fact he hasn't signed and media all referred to his game yesterday as his last (with slight inflection in tone) seems to have his exit signed, sealed, delivered.

TT is contracted so at least we have some good leverage if he leaves. I thing a few interested clubs may be a little cautious. I suspect he stays (hope so) and we have a year to get him focussed and re-signed.

McKay can fugg off - stories around how his manager is handling the auction are interesting. Understand he needs to get the best deal he can. The fact he hasn't signed and media all referred to his game yesterday as his last (with slight inflection in tone) seems to have his exit signed, sealed, delivered.

TT is contracted so at least we have some good leverage if he leaves. I thing a few interested clubs may be a little cautious. I suspect he stays (hope so) and we have a year to get him focussed and re-signed.
dunno that you can take what the media says as gospel, they are speculating like everybody else, given we are not even into the official trade period anything can still happen, the fact that there are a couple of parties interested and a dearth of KPDs available obviously goes in his favor, but the 60k question is if any of the suitors is prepared to put their money where their mouth is and offer a package that triggers band 1,

a likely scenario is 2 clubs could work together to come up with an offer that triggers the band one by possibly frontloading the offer ??

i recall when delsanto came from the saints we tailored the deal to maximize the compo the saints got.

dunno that you can take what the media says as gospel, they are speculating like everybody else, given we are not even into the official trade period anything can still happen, the fact that there are a couple of parties interested and a dearth of KPDs available obviously goes in his favor, but the 60k question is if any of the suitors is prepared to put their money where their mouth is and offer a package that triggers band 1,

a likely scenario is 2 clubs could work together to come up with an offer that triggers the band one by possibly frontloading the offer ??

i recall when delsanto came from the saints we tailored the deal to maximize the compo the saints got.
True - but it is universal. Not one media folk is saying he will stay. Doesn't make it fact but seems strong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Thomas does go the the precedent is Tim Kelly 2 first round picks. I think he stays as does Turner and Lazzaro. Goldy is gone I think. Dawson gets another year.

Kayne - delist
Spicer - delist
Bonar - delist
Dawson - sign. kpd
Goldy - if can't get grundy, sign
Thomas - contracted, stays. looked genuinely happy yesterday. edit: priority should be to work on everything we have to keep him. i think he is becoming more influential than ldu
McKay - let him go for band 1 compensation. i understand us losing him but clarko would have something else up his sleeve. Chom sent back, maybe?
Drury - rookie
Shiels - sign. he's in our b22

OOC (in order of delistability):
1. Aidan Bonar:
Never really came close to coming on as a midfielder, we couldn't hide him in the backline. Good athlete with nothing else

2. Phoenix Spicer:
Small forward who can't kick goals, and is too small to make any kind of physical impact on opponents

3. Lachie Young:
Obviously not in Clarkson's calculus. Not a good enough ball user to execute the kind of gameplan we want to build. He's Luke McDonald v2 but the players weren't stupid enough to vote him captain. Sorry Lachie

4. Kayne Turner:
He's hanging on by a skin cell at this point. It would be kind of funny if he somehow got another contract but I think he's out of time

5. Flynn Perez:
Not sure he's done enough to warrant a new contract, behind probably 4 or 5 other players for his position. Will be sad to see him go but you can't carry guys forever.

6. Blake Drury:
Don't see much to work with. Maybe give him one more year but I don't think we'd be missing out on anything.

7. Jack Mahony:
everyone knows I love this guy. doesn't make sense to keep him but I think we should anyway

8. Jacob Edwards:
Objectively doesn't deserve another contract but out of all the obvious delist bait, he's got the most upside. Has all the tools to be a really good player and has started to show a tiny bit.

9. Daniel Howe:
Whipping boy but not a bad player by any means. Needs to keep a Sam Gibson-esque low expectation of his own skills and he can be solid.

10. Kallan Dawson:
Played a good game, should've been given more, and we're going to need KPD depth.

11. Liam Shiels:
Depends on how his body's holding up, but he was so important for us this year when he was playing. He'll be at the club as a player or as a coach.

12. Todd Goldstein:
Even if we had a promising young ruckman I'd still keep him. Champion of our club who's earned the right to go out on his own terms

13. Ben McKay:
Keep him if we can but he's likely going to go.

No one under contract who you'd think about delisting early except maybe Hamish Free, but again, we need the ruck depth.

Delist McDonald lololololol

Thomas - Under No circumstances do we let him go whilst under contract.
McKay - Thanks big fella. Good luck at your 2nd club - Hope the bag is worth it
Goldstein - Happy for him to stay on one more year and be that seasoned back up. Put it on Xerri to step up
Hall - Retired
Ziebell - Retired
Cunnington - Retired
Mahoney - Looks all but gone
Turner - Might have just saved himself
Greenwood - 1 year extension. Hard nosed and goes hard at the footy
Edwards - Good as gone
Dawson - Extend him.
Drury - Stays as a rookie
Shiels - Been really good but probably goes into the list management side of things
Howe - Has to go.
Lazzaro - Started to put it together yesterday. Might be worth 1 more year
Bonar - Thanks for your service Aiden.
Young - Thanks for your service Lachie.
Spicer - Thanks Phoenix
Perez - 50-50 at the minute for me. Could stay, could be delisted

Turner: for the love of god, can North please move on. For all his 'qualities' Turner is a country footballer. We must be better.
Perez: 50/50. Showed enough early, hasn't shown enough of late. Injury & lack of opportunity.
Goldy: One more year.
Dawson: Keep. An indictment of selectors who have had a poor season.
Edwards: 50/50. Big men take time. Some require a lot of time.
Shiels: One more year.
Bonar, Young, Mahoney, Spicer, Howe, Drury, Development coaches: thank you for your service and good luck.
Kevin White: pull your finger out!

North Melbourne need to be ruthless. On field and off field. Too many passengers, too much deadwood. If you're not moving the team and club forward, or have the potential to, there's the door.

Free has been re-signed for another year if I am not mistaken.
I get the project player element, but he is the single most uncoordinated player I've ever witnessed on an AFL list. Watching him at training during preseason this year was farcical. Maybe there's some competition from Tom Jeffries, but certainly no one else

Remove this Banner Ad

Back