Player Watch #46: Robert Hansen Jnr

Remove this Banner Ad

Animated GIF

Is that Bergman chasing? He is still a skinny twig

A victim of the NMFC Bigfooty hype around anyone who is small, plays forward, and has some toe.
Like the many in this category that have come before him, next to no chance of making it and very likely back in WAFL next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A victim of the NMFC Bigfooty hype around anyone who is small, plays forward, and has some toe.
Like the many in this category that have come before him, next to no chance of making it and very likely back in WAFL next year

What a bleak summary.

Jesus Christ, have some perspective. He is a 19 year old kid who was plucked out of the WAFL who just completed his first pre-season. He hasn’t even been at the club for 12 months.

There is a stack of natural talent to work with, and he showed plenty in the VFL last year despite coming in mid season.

I thought he was alright given where he's come from and that he's been on the list six months. He wasn't afraid to put his body on the line to block for others, was instrumental in the yellow team moving the ball quickly at times, especially early and had two goal assists late in the game for the blue team.

Sometimes as an armchair w***er pundit we look for the little signs. Saw them vs pies.

Firstly the coaches see enough in him to give him a run at all. He had a a few involvement and what I'd imagine they noted was his speed/endurance combo and smarts to actually help some link up plays.

The goal was nice and a cherry on top. But we know he has some innate talent. A bit like Cooper, it's about trying to draw that out to form a complete role that fits into the team.

Baby steps taken but steps nonetheless.

Sometimes as an armchair w***er pundit we look for the little signs. Saw them vs pies.

Firstly the coaches see enough in him to give him a run at all. He had a a few involvement and what I'd imagine they noted was his speed/endurance combo and smarts to actually help some link up plays.

The goal was nice and a cherry on top. But we know he has some innate talent. A bit like Cooper, it's about trying to draw that out to form a complete role that fits into the team.

I was pleasantly surprised after watching the replay of the match sim. After reading some of the comments I thought he must have been a total spud.

What I saw he came on worked up and down the ground and put himself in the play.

Is he a Round 1 starter? Most likely not, but I actually thought the kid was ok and much improved on last year.

Look at Bobby Hill, he was no different to Hansen early in his career and is now thriving. Sometimes it’s as simple as time in the system and finding your spot.

I was pleasantly surprised after watching the replay of the match sim. After reading some of the comments I thought he must have been a total spud.

What I saw he came on worked up and down the ground and put himself in the play.

Is he a Round 1 starter? Most likely not, but I actually thought the kid was ok and much improved on last year.

Look at Bobby Hill, he was no different to Hansen early in his career and is now thriving. Sometimes it’s as simple as time in the system and finding your spot.
He's finding the footy in the right areas. Even his positioning from Zurhaar's dropped mark in the square where he dished it off was where you want to be.
He shanked his first kick of the day but then so did Kerch and Phillips and Lazzaro and Powell.

Our biggest failure has been finding footballers who are where the ball isn't.
Hoping Hansen Jr doesn't turn out to be that.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bobby really only come of age last year and he has been in the system for 5+ years.
My point exactly. Hansen has been in the system less than 12 months.

People just need to let him develop. From what I have seen, he is already an upgrade on Spicer and has a much higher ceiling.

Two GAs late in the game, linked up earlier.

Agreed. Easily the best he’s looked that I’ve seen.

Bang on the nose.

I thought for too long Hill was an overrated player coursing by because he was a funny reference to a cartoon character but last year in the right system for him you could see he did have it, culminating obviously in his best and most important performance to date.

He's finding the footy in the right areas. Even his positioning from Zurhaar's dropped mark in the square where he dished it off was where you want to be.
He shanked his first kick of the day but then so did Kerch and Phillips and Lazzaro and Powell.

Our biggest failure has been finding footballers who are where the ball isn't.
Hoping Hansen Jr doesn't turn out to be that.
I been far from convinced about him, but he showed a bit during the Pies hit out. Kid did well, keep working hard and he may make it.

Bang on the nose.

I thought for too long Hill was an overrated player coursing by because he was a funny reference to a cartoon character but last year in the right system for him you could see he did have it, culminating obviously in his best and most important performance to date.
That's my Norm Smith! I don't know you!

Bang on the nose.

King Of The Hill Metal GIF

Bang on the nose.

IMG_4560.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back