Play Nice 46th President of the United States: Joe Biden 2: Incidit in scyllam cupiens vitare charybdim

Remove this Banner Ad

The anointed one strategy really worked in 2016, so you’re right, they’ll probably do it again.

I would like a proper primary process. Issue with the Dems is they always circle the wagons around a corporate friendly candidate.

Even if they did the anointing Newsom strategy, I can’t see him running as bad a campaign as Hilary. He doesn’t have the baggage of the past either that Clinton did via Bill.

Even with all of that Hilary only just lost really, came down to 30 odd thousand on 3 states.

Seeing as we are both in agreement neither are ideal, who do you think would have a better chance of beating trump, Biden or Newsom?

Biden has a sense of humor.

President Biden appeared to joke about his repeated stumblings to the press after watching a person fall during his speech on Thursday.

Biden delivered remarks in Belvidere, Illinois regarding a tentative labor deal to prevent the shut-down of a factory in the city due to the ongoing United Auto Workers' strike throughout the country. During his speech, a person in the audience could be heard stumbling.

Biden briefly paused his speech to ask, "You okay?"

After an unheard reply, Biden said, "I want the press to know that wasn't me."

I would like a proper primary process. Issue with the Dems is they always circle the wagons around a corporate friendly candidate.

Even if they did the anointing Newsom strategy, I can’t see him running as bad a campaign as Hilary. He doesn’t have the baggage of the past either that Clinton did via Bill.

Even with all of that Hilary only just lost really, came down to 30 odd thousand on 3 states.

But then Trump only just lost by even less - 20,000 votes in three states also. And what of Biden's legacy would Newsom offer a difference on, aside "I'm not mentally vacant"?

Seeing as we are both in agreement neither are ideal, who do you think would have a better chance of beating trump, Biden or Newsom?

I don't know - I think Biden has to go after the last month or so, but at some point this starts to no longer feel like a fight you have a dog in. Irrespective, I don't think it will come down to that dichotomy anyway.

All the more bizarre to be making the economy the #1 re-election issue. “No, look at the news, you’re actually doing economically great” is so obviously wrongheaded a campaign.

Not so bizarre when you consider it's the area he's done the least worst in and the only area where he can claim a small scrap of credibility.

Sure, he's been a dismal failure economically, but literally every other major policy agenda of his administration has turned out worse and those are becoming increasingly more impossible to spin.

Some room for optimism in these disquieting times.

Pastor John Hagee, who had John McCain distance him following his endorsement in 2008 after he made comments about how God sent Hitler, also had a speaking spot at this rally.

To be fair though if Trump becomes ineligible with all his legal woes, then both parties might be able to arrange the last minute scramble for an alternate candidate.
I don't think this can happen can it? ie. even if you're a convicted felon sitting in a jail cell, you're not disqualified for running for president (although in a lot of states you are banned from voting for one, 'MURICA! :rolleyes:)

And rest assured, Trump is running however his legals turn out. He knows becoming prez again is his only way out, scary thing is he actually looks like winning.

I don't think this can happen can it? ie. even if you're a convicted felon sitting in a jail cell, you're not disqualified for running for president (although in a lot of states you are banned from voting for one, 'MURICA! :rolleyes:)

And rest assured, Trump is running however his legals turn out. He knows becoming prez again is his only way out, scary thing is he actually looks like winning.
Seems that way.

Attempts to remove him from the ballot (for primaries) appear to be failing in court as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

397908124_1017895622801081_3460915366527905601_n.png

That's quite an inferno of candles on that cake...

Birthday one day, became equal longest serving Catholic President in US history the next. Big couple of days for Joe!

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice 46th President of the United States: Joe Biden 2: Incidit in scyllam cupiens vitare charybdim

Remove this Banner Ad

Back