4th Spot - Hawthorn or West Coast?

Remove this Banner Ad

Using the law of averages and awarding 2pts for 50/50 games this is how i see the points being distributed for the remainder of the season. What is clear to me is that Carlton have the toughest draw of the 3 teams.

CARLTON 42pts
* WESTERN BULLDOGS (A) 2pts
* COLLINGWOOD (H) 0pts
* ESSENDON (H) 4pts
* NORTH MELBOURNE (A) 4pts
* MELBOURNE (H) 4pts
* FREMANTLE (A) 2pts
* HAWTHORN (H) 2pts
* BYE 0pts
* ST KILDA (H) 2pts

TOTAL 62pts

HAWTHORN
40pts
* BRISBANE LIONS (H) 4pts
* BYE 0pts
* MELBOURNE (H) 4pts
* FREMANTLE (A) 2pts
* NORTH MELBOURNE (H) 4pts
* PORT ADELAIDE (H) 4pts
* CARLTON (A) 2pts
* WESTERN BULLDOGS (H) 2pts
* GOLD COAST (A) 4pts

TOTAL 66pts

WEST COAST 40pts
* ST KILDA (A) 2pts
* FREMANTLE (H) 2pts
* WESTERN BULLDOGS (A) 2pts
* RICHMOND (H) 4pts
* MELBOURNE (A) 4pts
* ESSENDON (H) 4pts
* BRISBANE LIONS (A) 4pts
* ADELAIDE (H) 4pts

TOTAL 66pts

3rd = Hawthorn 66pts (presuming they retain their % advantage over West Coast)
4th = West Coast 66pts
5th = Carlton 62 pts

Agree 100%

We were so good that game, I can't see us putting in as good a effort as we did that game.
The addition of Barlow, Ballantyne, Silvagni, Hayden, Suban, Mcphee, Mzungu and Griffen won't make a difference. Add to the fact that Sandilands might actually play, in front of our home crowd, I can't see us getting close to the Eagles.
Ah no he's listed as 1 week this week so putting a guy into a derby with no WAFL games is a pretty bad call. Yeah great idea bring Sandi back a week early and watch him reinjure himself again even better call. Anyway Waters Embers and Kerr will all come back in for that team. Will be a proper derby no excuses if you lose that one.:thumbsu:

Ah no he's listed as 1 week this week so putting a guy into a derby with no WAFL games is a pretty bad call. Yeah great idea bring Sandi back a week early and watch him reinjure himself again even better call. Anyway Waters Embers and Kerr will all come back in for that team. Will be a proper derby no excuses if you lose that one.:thumbsu:

Yeah Suban was listed as one week this week. Which is our bye week. So he would be ready for selection against Sydney, which he could either play in or play in the WAFL. Im not really fussed about Sandi, because I think Griffen offers more around the ground than him.

Yeah Suban was listed as one week this week. Which is our bye week. So he would be ready for selection against Sydney, which he could either play in or play in the WAFL. Im not really fussed about Sandi, because I think Griffen offers more around the ground than him.

Watched Griffen live against Gold Coast very mobile could be a good forward option for you guys aswell. Suban will definitely improve your defence frees Broughton up some more to spend more time in the midfield. Still we just knocked off two top 4 teams including a team we haven't beaten since we won a flag (subtle wasn't it) ;) should be confident going in. Can't wait for a derby final your turn to keep up your end of the bargain.:thumbsu:

I think the eagles still have a pretty tough run home. Prob finish between 4th-6th

Not sure where you get that idea from. Out of our next 8 games we only play two teams in the top 8. We've got a pretty damn easy run home. The next two are the only ones I could see us losing.

Watched Griffen live against Gold Coast very mobile could be a good forward option for you guys aswell. Suban will definitely improve your defence frees Broughton up some more to spend more time in the midfield. Still we just knocked off two top 4 teams including a team we haven't beaten since we won a flag (subtle wasn't it) ;) should be confident going in. Can't wait for a derby final your turn to keep up your end of the bargain.:thumbsu:

Got a feeling it may happen sooner rather than later :thumbsu:

Not sure where you get that idea from. Out of our next 8 games we only play two teams in the top 8. We've got a pretty damn easy run home. The next two are the only ones I could see us losing.

Well im obviously alot more conservative than you;)

I can see us losing to St Kilda, Fremantle, Footscray and North Melbourne.

Confident about beating Melbourne, Richmond, Adelaide and Essendon

I can see us losing to St Kilda, Fremantle, Footscray and North Melbourne.

Confident about beating Melbourne, Richmond, Adelaide and Essendon

The next couple of games in Melbourne will answer our questions about West Coast. Play at etihad both times against St.Kilda and Bulldogs. Win these, and I reckon top 4 is a lock. Will come down to Carlton and Hawthorn for 4th spot.

i still don't think we'll secure top 4. something just tells me its impossible in today's game to go from spoon to top 4.

mind you, i didn't think we'd beat geelong last night, nor did i think we'd beat carlton.

if we keep winning games we haven't pencilled in, then top 4 here we come.

i still don't think we'll secure top 4. something just tells me its impossible in today's game to go from spoon to top 4.

mind you, i didn't think we'd beat geelong last night, nor did i think we'd beat carlton.

if we keep winning games we haven't pencilled in, then top 4 here we come.

I rated you guys after the game in Tassie. You should have won it. It's odd you had such a poor season last year but you had a ton of injuries to class players and now you seem to have winners in nearly every position. Kerr's resurgence just gives you a completely different look.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Suban was listed as one week this week. Which is our bye week. So he would be ready for selection against Sydney, which he could either play in or play in the WAFL. Im not really fussed about Sandi, because I think Griffen offers more around the ground than him.[/quote]

:eek:

Eagles to make the top 4. Hawks and Blues fighting for the other spot.

http://injuryupdate.com.au/afl.php

If you have a look at the injuries for the said teams at this link you will see the Blues and Hawks have a long list and key players injured.

Blues: Curnow, Hampson, Jamison, O'Hailpin, White.
Hawks: Bruce, Gilham, Lewis (sus), Cyril, Renouf, Roughy, Sewell, Stratton, Schoenmakers.

The Hawks have done very well in covering those injuries, Carlton have done ok. I think the constant changes between games to these two sides have effected their continuity. Whereas the Weagles have had continuity and it shows.

The Weagles really only have Hams injured and Q suspended at the moment so if they get a couple of key players injured they may drop off a bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back