Remove this Banner Ad

How does he get in and/or out of the campsite without someone noticing the car leaving before 6.30am? Or would the abductor be hiding among the campers?
It's not uncommon for people to break camp early in the morning before dawn, especially if you want to get somewhere and do some sightseeing before the heat kicks in, or get back to Perth by nightfall. So cars leaving in the wee small hours is fairly common. It's not something most people familiar with outback travelling would take much notice off unfortunately

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk

I hope that the shacks are searched. Kids can get into things even if they appear locked up.

Heard today that thet haven't searched all the shacks,seems unlikely.
Also that there was a car that was around that arvo/evening that wasn't there in the morning.
On one of the local FB pages the local dog trainer guy took his dog up there to get him sniffing around Saturday morning and got knocked back.
Going by the press today,they've flagged the ocean search and the SES are pulling stumps after Tuesday.
Trail is cold.

Her biological dad it seems, wasn't involved.

Cleo Smith’s biological father was today interviewed by police, 7NEWS has reported.

Daniel Staines spent almost three hours at the Mandurah police station, accompanied by his parents.

It's understood the Mandurah man was asked to provide a statement to police and did so willingly.

Heard today that thet haven't searched all the shacks,seems unlikely.
Also that there was a car that was around that arvo/evening that wasn't there in the morning.
On one of the local FB pages the local dog trainer guy took his dog up there to get him sniffing around Saturday morning and got knocked back.
Going by the press today,they've flagged the ocean search and the SES are pulling stumps after Tuesday.
Trail is cold.
There must have been road trains travelling in both directions with full cctv cameras. They must be able to get full rego details of vehicles moving during the period in question.
I think atm there was an accident somehow and it’s been covered up.

There must have been road trains travelling in both directions with full cctv cameras. They must be able to get full rego details of vehicles moving during the period in question.
I think atm there was an accident somehow and it’s been covered up.

Hi Tiff, if the police have no idea and aren't looking for someone they've spotted on all the footage they must surely have, then it might well have been some kind of accident.

If the parents are involved where is the body? In the ocean? Did other campers see the little girl at the campsite? Did the parents seem very distraught when they phoned police, when police arrived?

Police said tonight that they don’t believe there is any ongoing risk to families or children in the area. Doubt they would say that if there was genuinely a random child abducted.

Police said tonight that they don’t believe there is any ongoing risk to families or children in the area. Doubt they would say that if there was genuinely a random child abducted.
So she‘s either wandered off (unlikely), or someone (family?) known to her has taken her, or something happened (an acccident?) prior to late Friday night.
The 3am vehicle remains an interest, as does the additional thing/s missing.

I hope that the shacks are searched. Kids can get into things even if they appear locked up.

Unlikely, bc if she crept under a tin sheet or other sort, that sleeping bag would have ripped and could be seen.
pit toilets, on the other hand, if they are out there..

I have heard the "don't believe there's an ongoing risk to the community" used in so many contexts I dunno how much stock to put into it. I'm talking even in scenarios where it probably shouldn't be used (e.g. Delphi, Indiana where it's been nearly 5 years and they still haven't caught the guy). It could be a genuine assessment of the situation or it could be a way of preventing the public from going into a frenzy which will likely have knock on effects for local tourism and the communities reliant on tourism.

The vehicle is compelling but again it's tricky at a campsite. On one hand, it fits the timeline perfectly if it was an abductor. But on the other hand, it's right in the window of time where someone wanting to go fishing would get ready and leave if they had to drive to a nearby fishing spot for some early morning fishing. It's suspicious but could be a coincidence as well.

I'm still not sure what I lean towards personally. Wandered off is possible but they're running out of places to look and haven't found a thing. Abducted is definitely still possible but there's not enough evidence been released to confirm it. The other one you really don't wanna think about is family doing something but if that was the case I doubt we'd hear anything about it unless an arrest was made

Michelle Stanley ABC reporter and Chris Lewis photographer.
Today's Update on the Search for Cleo Smith at the Blowholes.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More information posted today
Extracts
Insp. Munday also refused to confirm or deny reports some campers heard the sound of a car skidding as it took off from the area about 3am on Saturday or whether police suspected Cleo had been abducted.

Following, and thoughts to the family involved also, I couldn't even begin to imagine the pain this poor family must be going through!
I would never recover. This is just catastrophic for the family and the community at large. If someone did take her then they deserve a special place in hell.

Perhaps some sort of combination - she walked off during the night, accidently hit by that 3am car, driver panicked and took her and disposed of the body hundreds of kilometres away?

Some more background info on this sad disappearance of Cleo Smith contained in the below which is front and a 2 page spread in today's 'West'.

'Cleo’s mum moved to Carnarvon in January 2019 before meeting her current partner.
The mum of two is a local eyelash and eyebrow technician with a soap and candle-making side business.
She and her partner, Mr Gliddon, bought a house for their growing family in April.'

'Cleo’s stepdad is a keen fisherman who regularly shares his impressive catches on social media.'

'“She is an intellectually advanced little girl,” said a family friend.
“She is a smart little girl and she would not have wandered.”'

This is what trips me up with the abduction theory. It's super risky.

An abductor would have to be watching to know exactly which room the child is in, know that she's alone or if she isn't that he can easily get her out without alerting anyone else in the tent and without tripping in the dark and causing a huge commotion.
The thing about this is if they were watching surely they would have known the kids were in there alone (sounds like the parents went to bed at 1:30am) so why not take them earlier?

'“She is an intellectually advanced little girl,” said a family friend.
“She is a smart little girl and she would not have wandered.”'

Would an intellectually advanced infant possibly get up and go looking for her parents outside of the tent, if she woke up at night and found that her parents were not in the tent?

If this is the same as her sleeping bag, it's an adult size. Which managing with a four year old in it, would be real awkward.

View attachment 1263025

Any sign of fibres from that sleeping bag being where they would not have been expected to be, in quantities greater than they would have been expected to have been, or deposited in a way that would indicate that the sleeping bag was somewhere or dragged somewhere with a young child inside it, would be on my forensic bucket list in this case.

Some of the fibre analysis work or learnings from the Claremont Serial Killer case, might prove handy in this case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back