Remove this Banner Ad

Is a controversial theory with many criticisms. Not saying the stepfather shouldn't be under consideration here, nobody is in the clear yet, but generalizations are just that. You could as easily look up the socio economic situation of the family and point the finger at them based on the higher prevalence of abuse in a certain class.

Yeah it's akin to a bomb going off somewhere and then rounding up the Catholics.

In any case, the likeliest perpetrators of filicide, in order, are bio mother > non-bio adult male > bio father

A tent like that would have a floor in it? Could we think a child snatcher might be able to slide a child out of the tent in her sleeping bag from the outside?
Most probably - and it would be easier. But the tent is huge, if the 'door' was open then dragging or taking a step in not that much difference maybe?

A tent like that would have a floor in it? Could we think a child snatcher might be able to slide a child out of the tent in her sleeping bag from the outside?
Some of those large tents also have zip-able windows which can only be opened from the inside. Many have a fly-wire but some can open fully. The window could have been partially opened which makes it easy to lift a child out without going inside.

This is what trips me up with the abduction theory. It's super risky.

An abductor would have to be watching to know exactly which room the child is in, know that she's alone or if she isn't that he can easily get her out without alerting anyone else in the tent and without tripping in the dark and causing a huge commotion. Then he has to get her into a car and drive off without her making noise or having someone get a good look at his car driving off.

The other thing throwing me is the quote Kurve posted last night where police were reluctant to reveal if anything else was taken from the tent. If other items are missing, I think that weakens the abduction case personally. An abductor only has 2 hands and he needs both of them to get a kid and her sleeping bag out quietly. I haven't heard of too many child abduction cases where the abductor grabs other items too

It is possible she wandered away and took some favourite toys or teddys, (as kids have been known to do) but then, in a very unlucky turn of events, was abducted by someone who saw her wandering around outside?

How many other people were around, and how close? Do many cars pass through hat night?

All very unlikely one would think.

It is possible she wandered away and took some favourite toys or teddys, (as kids have been known to do) but then, in a very unlucky turn of events, was abducted by someone who saw her wandering around outside?

How many other people were around, and how close? Do many cars pass through hat night?

All very unlikely one would think.
Note that they are also locals and camp a lot apparently. I would also doubt that the campsite was completely pitch black, esp a managed one which would have external lights on signs, building etc so im not sure she would've gotten disorientated and lost etc but im not sure what that site actually looks like.

This is what trips me up with the abduction theory. It's super risky.

An abductor would have to be watching to know exactly which room the child is in, know that she's alone or if she isn't that he can easily get her out without alerting anyone else in the tent and without tripping in the dark and causing a huge commotion. Then he has to get her into a car and drive off without her making noise or having someone get a good look at his car driving off.

The other thing throwing me is the quote Kurve posted last night where police were reluctant to reveal if anything else was taken from the tent. If other items are missing, I think that weakens the abduction case personally. An abductor only has 2 hands and he needs both of them to get a kid and her sleeping bag out quietly. I haven't heard of too many child abduction cases where the abductor grabs other items too
Over thinking it IMO.

Remote locations are attractive to thieves and other opportunists.

There was an offender in Geraldton, Patrick Alfred Merritt, who abducted sleeping children from their homes and raped them.

I don't think it's impossible. Theives break into houses every night whilst occupants are asleep. A tent might be even easier, who knows.

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk

Over thinking it IMO.

There was an offender in Geraldton, Patrick Alfred Merritt, who abducted sleeping children from their homes and raped them.

I don't think it's impossible. Theives break into houses every night whilst occupants are asleep. A tent might be even easier, who knows.

Yeah its been confirmed in that video that the sleeping bag was missing too. I reckon she was taken either through a tent window or just taken out the front door. I reckon the worst has occurred but I really hope not. Kinda feel sick at the moment.

not sure if the sleeping bag missing has been substantiated but if it is then that strongly implies she was abducted.

abducted by a dingo ?

she hid from dingo(s) in bottom of sleeping bag and dingo dragged sleeping bag away with her in it ?

Over thinking it IMO.

How does he get in and/or out of the campsite without someone noticing the car leaving before 6.30am? Or would the abductor be hiding among the campers ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A reporter mentioned in the video that multiple people heard a car at about 3am

That puts stranger abduction as number 1 in my mind now.

The longer no trace was found the less likely Cleo just wandering off was looking and unless there's reports of people hearing more car sounds closer to 6am we can pretty much rule out family (or at least family that were there) as they'd need to get back in later.

Unfortunately that means the most likely scenario is the hardest to solve. Is it someone on the visitors' register for the camp ground that night or was some predator searching camp grounds looking for an opportunity?

abducted by a dingo ?

she hid from dingo(s) in bottom of sleeping bag and dingo dragged sleeping bag away with her in it ?

Not many dingoes around there. Not saying there are none, but there's not a recognised problem with dingoes there. The station would do targeted 1080 baiting a couple of times a year and would get a dogger in if they had stock losses.

Also just for context, Quobba Station is nearly 76,000 ha, so that's 760 km2. Like roughly the size of Canberra, but with only maybe 20 people max living on site year round then whoever happens to be camping or staying in the shacks. Pastoral stations in WA are all leased with lots of conditions about activities other than pastoral industry so access to the other parts of the station is usually managed to keep the tourists away from the pastoral activity.

If this is the same as her sleeping bag, it's an adult size. Which managing with a four year old in it, would be real awkward.

wanderer.jpg

If this is the same as her sleeping bag, it's an adult size. Which managing with a four year old in it, would be real awkward.

View attachment 1263025

Not that difficult, its not a like blanket which gets tangled etc, they are pretty taught in comparison. She was almost certainly abducted at this point. What an absolutely sickening state of affairs.

Not many dingoes around there. Not saying there are none, but there's not a recognised problem with dingoes there. The station would do targeted 1080 baiting a couple of times a year and would get a dogger in if they had stock losses.

Also I would've thought if it was a dingo, surely there'd be some evidence somewhere within that search area of an animal attack. Blood, torn fabric from sleeping bag or clothing etc.

Didn't trackers in the Azaria Chamberlain disappearance find blood and possibly some other evidence of a dingo attack but kept quiet about it because they didn't want a dingo cull? I think Lindy also said they'd been able to hear dingoes on previous nights so knew there were plenty around

That puts stranger abduction as number 1 in my mind now.

The longer no trace was found the less likely Cleo just wandering off was looking and unless there's reports of people hearing more car sounds closer to 6am we can pretty much rule out family (or at least family that were there) as they'd need to get back in later.

Unfortunately that means the most likely scenario is the hardest to solve. Is it someone on the visitors' register for the camp ground that night or was some predator searching camp grounds looking for an opportunity?
looks like the type of camping situation where some one may easily slip in and not register. The web page says you can register once you arrive??
It possibly could have been quite light outside as we have had a partial full moon. She may have left/wandered from the tent herself during the night.

Dingoes would/could be an issue if she wandered off, rather than a dingo bein responsible for taking her. as would be snakes and cattle. Plenty of things to harm or scare the s**t out of a 5 year old on her own - feral goats, bungarras.
Don't think she's wandered off though

Where was she sleeping in relation to the parents that night? Right next to them?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back