Past #5: Ben Jacobs - delisted after 64 NM games/10 NM goals - thanks Benny

Remove this Banner Ad

As much as I dislike anything to do with Richmond, why is Rance being particularly disliked these days?

Because he's part of a religious sect that fashions under garments from hessian sacks or some such, and we quite rightly (imo) are s**t scared of people like that, we don't like different

Because he's part of a religious sect that fashions under garments from hessian sacks or some such, and we quite rightly (imo) are s**t scared of people like that, we don't like different
Bit of a diver too.

I don't believe that's the reason, this is I feel more to do with Ben and where he is at.

I can't imagine his morale is very high. He's had a shocking run, and it's on the back of s**t things by opposition players - leg sweeps and dangerous tackles.

It'd get you down I reckon.

He wants to play , is training but optimism’s fading ... Won’t be back before the bye , at the earliest . Ben will have to play good footy in the second half of the season to earn a new contract ... big ask , this could be it for BJ .

if he is training why is his optimism fading? That’s more than he had done for 18 months.

if he is training why is his optimism fading? That’s more than he had done for 18 months.
the concussion symptoms won’t dissipate , they get to a certain level of training and the issues resurface. I don’t know how they came up with the bye round as a target for availability as it doesn’t make much sense to me , but that’s what I was told . There’s a sense of inevitability about it .

the concussion symptoms won’t dissipate , they get to a certain level of training and the issues resurface. I don’t know how they came up with the bye round as a target for availability as it doesn’t make much sense to me , but that’s what I was told . There’s a sense of inevitability about it .
Bye round would be a target because of the midseason draft

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Benny J won’t play again. I’m calling it now. He was so important as a tagger but like Jesse Smith, we lose a quality player to long term injury. Benny J became a human highlight wheel when at his best.
Maybe we can turn Atley into a tagger. He’s got pace to burn and isn’t half bad. And now that he’s getting a few games under his belt, it could be a win-win.

Called it a while back and that's not my pessimism at work, he's just not showing any signs of getting close to coming back. Sure he's out there, he hits the track now and then, but we've been starved of any real good news for what, a year or more?

It's getting dire, and his contract is coming to an end.

Put a fork in him. A lot of players around the league will be relieved, one of the finest taggers ive seen, damn shame.

He was more than just a tagger.

He was also gaining over 20 even 25 possessions a game, was influential around the contest, clean disposal,
we won more games if he was playing all while being one of the best shutdown players we have ever seen in the AFL. If he stayed fit we would be much closer to playing finals in 2020 and onwards.

And we didn’t even see his full potential. He is so ******* underrated around here

I am devasted for him but his life is more important than footy. The amount of s**t he has been put through and for him to still push to play, shows how much character he has. Anyone would have given up by now and obviously we know how good he is to wait this long before putting a fork in him

I seriously hope we keep him around the club. Give him a part time midfield coach. Grab Hayden, Lmac or even Tyson and take them under his wing. Make it happen North!

He was more than just a tagger.

He was also gaining over 20 even 25 possessions a game, was influential around the contest, clean disposal,
we won more games if he was playing all while being one of the best shutdown players we have ever seen in the AFL. If he stayed fit we would be much closer to playing finals in 2020 and onwards.

And we didn’t even see his full potential. He is so ******* underrated around here

I am devasted for him but his life is more important than footy. The amount of s**t he has been put through and for him to still push to play, shows how much character he has. Anyone would have given up by now and obviously we know how good he is to wait this long before putting a fork in him

I seriously hope we keep him around the club. Give him a part time midfield coach. Grab Hayden, Lmac or even Tyson and take them under his wing. Make it happen North!
[/QUOTE
Yes keep him around the club to help develop a new tagger or 2 but make it Hayden maybe a Bonner.
Tyson and McDonald are not up to the standard of the AFL need to be traded or delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back