Past #5: Ben Jacobs - delisted after 64 NM games/10 NM goals - thanks Benny

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, no speculation and insinuation on the club, player or management.

Was a simple thought.

The club is like any business, risk management is one of the key pillars of it's operation, especially one that is technically NFP and whose turnover is in and around $40m.

IF you don't future proof yourself from unforseen risks, it can sink any buisness/club at this level pretty quickly.
I would have thought that AFL provides insurance policies to cater for such scenarios

He started running again in early December off what I heard.

Match fitness and pending setbacks are the next two hurdles you'd think, as for senior footy, you would think the earliest is mid-year (VFL stints)

Bonar, Jed plus LMac and Kyron means that we have some coverage here if a call was made.

A question to those who are asking why he's not on LTI. What would be the advantage of placing him on LTI right now, other than to promote one of the rookies? If so, which rookie is ready to play from round 1 that would force us to do it?

If we are talking about midseason draft, there is still a while to go there.

A question to those who are asking why he's not on LTI. What would be the advantage of placing him on LTI right now, other than to promote one of the rookies? If so, which rookie is ready to play from round 1 that would force us to do it?

Is SPP still an option?

Jacobs -> LTI, someone who has nominated previously like Tipungwuti in as a replacement?

I thought there are now no restrictions on Rookies being able to play?

Is SPP still an option?

Jacobs -> LTI, someone who has nominated previously like Tipungwuti in as a replacement?
Would be good to know if that's how it works. I have NFI.
Even if it's an option, we'd want Tipungwuti to show something in the VFL first. No need to rush with Jacobs.

If he’s placed on the LTI we can replace him in the current replacement period until the start of the season with anyone we want.

The mid season draft is obviously reverse ordered and the person we may have ear marked may get selected by someone else.

Once round 1 begins we don’t have a replacement for 3-4 months.

We would retain the rights to the player we used as an injury replacement for the entire 2020 season and get the rights to re-sign them.

If he’s placed on the LTI we can replace him in the current replacement period until the start of the season with anyone we want.

The mid season draft is obviously reverse ordered and the person we may have ear marked may get selected by someone else.

Once round 1 begins we don’t have a replacement for 3-4 months.

We would retain the rights to the player we used as an injury replacement for the entire 2020 season and get the rights to re-sign them.
But is there anyone "we would want" currently? I can't see it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as I dislike anything to do with Richmond, why is Rance being particularly disliked these days?

He was a great footballer, possessing a likeable personality and very good looks to boot - oh, and this is BigFooty. Do you really need to ask that question, KC? 🤣

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Shame Aussies are always so contrarian when the media overhypes a player. Rance was awesome to watch at the top of his game and he was at the top for a long, long time. Don't agree that he has a likeable personality but I watch footy for footy.

He was a classic case of overstate his good characteristics and understate his negatives.

Nah, no speculation and insinuation on the club, player or management.

Was a simple thought.

The club is like any business, risk management is one of the key pillars of it's operation, especially one that is technically NFP and whose turnover is in and around $40m.

IF you don't future proof yourself from unforseen risks, it can sink any buisness/club at this level pretty quickly.

I don't believe that's the reason, this is I feel more to do with Ben and where he is at.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back