Past #5: Ben Jacobs - delisted after 64 NM games/10 NM goals - thanks Benny

Remove this Banner Ad

Again. Lmac is a very good shut down defender.

His main goal is to push into the midfield anyways I reckon he would be great
McDonald will be the same player this year as he was last year and the year before that.
I will very very surprised if his at North next year as he won’t get any better needs a new club to go to.
If North are lucky we might get a 3rd round pick for him .
The longer his on the list the less we will get for him .

If we were the Bulldogs, we'd have had Brisbane players deregistered over what's happened to Ben.
Was thinking about the deafening silence over BJ compared with Marley’s incident. Not that retrospective actions by the AFL are likely but they’ve been slow to make comprehensive decisions on protecting players’ heads.

The ‘dire’ predicament of North Melbourne ‘forgotten man’ Ben Jacobs

22b702a3bf36d57402f598865507559f

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...s/news-story/4128340bb8efc03560bdc344d6a7a3c0

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shocking for him. He should be concentrating on life not training bits and peices.

Ridiculous that he's never been (and still isn't) on the LTI.

Pay him out to let him get on with life, and to free up a list spot.

There's nothing gained by being impractical about this.

He turned 28 this year.

A best case football scenario would see him realistically on track to play at 29.

At what expense? More everyday agony from attempting to train?

And that's just to train. When it progresses to match simulation and then to matches is it worth the anxiety and second guessing he'd inevitably suffer wondering how he'll cope if he's held up physically to that point.

The pay-off for him to persist doesn't sound worth it. He's been a warrior, gave it a good shot for the better part of 2 years.

But this isn't wondering if his ACL or hamstring is going to hold up, it's an issue that is pervasive for his whole life and simply not worth bearing for playing football imo. He's a smart measured kid who can clearly focus on a task and that should hold him in good stead for whatever he chooses.

He turned 28 this year.

A best case football scenario would see him realistically on track to play at 29.

At what expense? More everyday agony from attempting to train?

And that's just to train. When it progresses to match simulation and then to matches is it worth the anxiety and second guessing he'd inevitably suffer wondering how he'll cope if he's held up physically to that point.

The pay-off for him to persist doesn't sound worth it. He's been a warrior, gave it a good shot for the better part of 2 years.

But this isn't wondering if his ACL or hamstring is going to hold up, it's an issue that is pervasive for his whole life and simply not worth bearing for playing football imo. He's a smart measured kid who can clearly focus on a task and that should hold him in good stead for whatever he chooses.

There's no discussion to be had. He stayed on and merited a contract renewal, and the club complied. We got basically nothing in return, but the contract was warranted.

However, the time for making money from footy is over for Ben, so I hope he was careful with his money.

There's no discussion to be had. He stayed on and merited a contract renewal, and the club complied. We got basically nothing in return, but the contract was warranted.

However, the time for making money from footy is over for Ben, so I hope he was careful with his money.

It's not the be all, end all but he's an alumni of a pretty prestigious school and comes across like he's got his wits about him. Doubt he's got sucked in by any of the "get rich quick" leeches that footballers attract.

He'll get a substantial payout if this is a long term post career injury.

I reckon it'll be the AFL paying for it.

It might be a case that he is hoping the club can help him get to normal not even playing. If he feels like crap after doing some running I'm sure that is a duty of care to make sure he can just live normally.

I guess staying on the list gave him the assurance that North would assist in finding a solution to his issues, both materially and financially. It certainly seems that this is going to end his career now so perhaps it is time for the LTI list. I can understand why we wasn't on it before because a solution could have come at any time, but too much time has passed now for a quick solution.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back