Opinion 5 worst Brownlow medal winners of the past 30 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee, talk about lack of originality and example. Are you so hesitant to accept the fact that I'm right about Ablett? He doesn't win his own ball.
Saying Ablett dosen't get the Hard ball, is like saying Sandilands has never won a ruck tap out in his life. As has been clearly mentioned about a dozen times to you before, Ablett had the most hard ball gets in the competition, and averaged the most contested possessions, and was only 1 clearance short behind the leader Judd per game.

Gary Ablett Jnr now ranks as one of the worst but for now. While he's a good player, he's the most overrated in the game at the moment. People rave about how good he is but really, the only reason he's never succesfully tagged is because he's got A-Grade protection all around him in Corey, Ling, Selwood etc. If anyone actually watches how Yablett plays, he never wins his own ball, he either aquires it via handball recieve, easy mark or on the rare occasion, loose ball get.

Still, I was happy after Brownlow night, not because Golden-boy Gary won, but because Diver Riewoldt didn't win or even come close. If that weak dog won a Brownlow, I'd probably lose interest in football.
Sorry to revive such an old thread, but this just had to be seen to be believed

People seems to forget how good the players were during their brownlow years.
Cooney was a dominant match winner during the first half of 2008.
Even Woewoedin was very good in 2000.

People also seem to get mad because the umpires opinions were different to theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back