Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
1 - Brad Hardie
2 - Tony Liberatore
3 - Scott Wynd
4 - Adam Cooney
5 - Gavin Wanganeen

Just realised how incredibly overrated Bulldogs players are by the umpires/media.

To think Chris Grant and Scott West almost won a Brownlow too. :eek:

1 - Brad Hardie
2 - Tony Liberatore
3 - Scott Wynd
4 - Adam Cooney
5 - Gavin Wanganeen

Just realised how incredibly overrated Bulldogs players are by the umpires/media.

Gavin Wanganeen? A dual premiership player? You can't be serious.

Brian Wilson
Jim Stynes
Shane Woewodin
Peter Moore

These s**t Melbourne players were nowhere near as good as the Indian rubber man!

Gavin Wanganeen? A dual premiership player? You can't be serious.

Brian Wilson
Jim Stynes
Shane Woewodin
Peter Moore

These s**t Melbourne players were nowhere near as good as the Indian rubber man!

Without doubt Wanganeen is one of the least deserving Brownlow winners. Greg Williams was seriously shafted that year. Wanganeen polled only 18 votes. Would be lucky to get top 5 in the medal these days with 18 votes.

As for Peter Moore ? I assume you are kidding. One of the most dominant ruckmen of his era, and won two brownlows five years apart.

Woewodin is the obvious one, along with Wilson.

obviously a troll post because he is unsettled and feels the need to strengthen his resolve after the massive schooling given by a certain bulldogs moderator in Bay 13. I have read a journal by a Harvard psychologist that quotes behaviors such is this as a symptom of a lonely, depressive individual that feel the need to fill their social void due to a lack of satisfaction in life.

To make your post more believable I suggest putting woewodin on the top and scrapping that chris grant, scott west comment all together because a brownlow would have been appropriate for the respective years they had.

in conclusion you are a child and I read you like a book, I hope my cutting edge insight does not further unsettle you in to thinking you have a meaningless life, everyone is special including you.

cheers, rage up lad.

Wanganeen polled 18 votes playing in the back pocket/flank. The game wasnt ruled by Supercoach/DT back then and he legitimately earned each and every possession. How you can say he didnt deserve his Brownlow, I dunno? How many Brownlows have been given to back pockets?

For those mentioning Tony Liberatore - consider the top 10 that year:

Tony Liberatore - 18 votes (winner)
Graham Wright - 17 votes
Stephen Silvagni - 16 votes
David Bain - 15 votes
Andrew Collins - 15 votes
Brett Lovett - 15 votes
Tony McGuinness - 14 votes
Tony Shaw - 13 votes
Darren Bewick - 13 votes
Greg Anderson - 13 votes

Would any of those have made a better Brownlow medallist in 1990? I'm asking because I was too young to witness that season first-hand (I was only 2 years old at the time), but it must have been a strange season for those names to be among the 'cream of the crop' in the entire league. I mean, they're all good players, but not exactly Brownlow material IMO.

For the record, Darren Milane was AFLPA MVP in 1990, yet received just 8 Brownlow votes. 1989 Brownlow Medallist Paul Couch received just 3 votes in 1990, after registering 22 votes in the previous year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wanganeen polled 18 votes playing in the back pocket/flank. The game wasnt ruled by Supercoach/DT back then and he legitimately earned each and every possession. How you can say he didnt deserve his Brownlow, I dunno? How many Brownlows have been given to back pockets?

Greg Williams went voteless in this game in 1993 - a game where Carlton won by 9 goals, and Diesel had 44 possessions and (by all accounts I've read, as I didn't witness the game) was the cheif destroyer. If Diesel had at least polled one vote, he would have been co-Brownlow Medallist. That is probably people's gripe - not that Wanganeen didn't deserve the Brownlow in 1993, just that (like Paul Roos in 1986) Diesel was clearly robbed of votes in a game where he was apparently the clear BOG.

For those mentioning Tony Liberatore - consider the top 10 that year:

Tony Liberatore - 18 votes (winner)
Graham Wright - 17 votes
Stephen Silvagni - 16 votes
David Bain - 15 votes
Andrew Collins - 15 votes
Brett Lovett - 15 votes
Tony McGuinness - 14 votes
Tony Shaw - 13 votes
Darren Bewick - 13 votes
Greg Anderson - 13 votes

Would any of those have made a better Brownlow medallist in 1990? I'm asking because I was too young to witness that season first-hand (I was only 2 years old at the time), but it must have been a strange season for those names to be among the 'cream of the crop' in the entire league. I mean, they're all good players, but not exactly Brownlow material IMO.

For the record, Darren Milane was AFLPA MVP in 1990, yet received just 8 Brownlow votes. 1989 Brownlow Medallist Paul Couch received just 3 votes in 1990, after registering 22 votes in the previous year.

1990 was a funny old year. I mean, Collingwood won the flag FFS!!! :eek:

Without doubt Wanganeen is one of the least deserving Brownlow winners. Greg Williams was seriously shafted that year. Wanganeen polled only 18 votes. Would be lucky to get top 5 in the medal these days with 18 votes.

As for Peter Moore ? I assume you are kidding. One of the most dominant ruckmen of his era, and won two brownlows five years apart.

Woewodin is the obvious one, along with Wilson.

Did you take that from wikipedia???

Not sure if you've gone back and looked at the vision of yesteryear recently but football was shithouse over 20 years ago.

Did you take that from wikipedia???

Not sure if you've gone back and looked at the vision of yesteryear recently but football was shithouse over 20 years ago.

No, I am old enough to have seen him play. As for the "football was shithouse over 20 years ago" wtf ? It was a completely different game, but more physical, with a lot more contested football, and high marking, for which Peter Moore was known.

In 20 years muppets will be saying that football in 2009 was shithouse.

1 - Brad Hardie
2 - Tony Liberatore
3 - Scott Wynd
4 - Adam Cooney
5 - Gavin Wanganeen

You are a F*#KING TOOL of the biggest order. Shows you know nothing about football you F*#KHEAD

1. Woewoeful
2. Couch
3. Libba
4. Stynes
5. Wynd[/quote]

Woewodin is spot on. But...

Couch polled 99 votes over the course of his career, Libba 112 votes, Stynes 105, and Wynd 91. Explain to me how those four are undeserving of winning one Brownlow.

Wanganeen. The greatest diver I've ever seen. In 1993 he had 60 frees for and 19 against. Total frees for Essendon for the year - 635. Wanganeen had nearly 10% on his own!

He had less then 5% of the team total disposals, less then 5% of the tackles, he kicked 5 goals for the year, he was ordinary.

He got 3 consecutive 3-vote games Rd 16,17,18. Rd 16 - 15 possies - 0 goals. Rd 17 - 23 possies (fair enough). Rd 18 - 14 possies - 0 goals.

Yes, what he did was spectacular (brilliantly skilled) - but I bet he wasn't even close to Essendon's B&F that year, and wouldn't have polled in the top 20 AFL MVP.

All the others mentioned here were players who at least had a good year when they won the medal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back