#6 Brodie Grundy – Melbourne legend

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing that sh1ts me most about the Grundy acquisition is that his presence will almost certainly cost Gawny his 7th AA blazer. Tim English will probably get the nod but does anyone think Max wouldn’t have smoked him with 22 full games as our No.1 ruckman? No way.
Who's gives a * about the AA gig when it's gonna cost us a flag

Where would Stephens play for us though? I think why he wants to leave is coz he isn't getting a game, not sure that changes much at Melbourne.

Id like to get him also just from a depth perspective, but he'd be behind both Langdon and Hunter by a fair way. Maybe we could try turning him into a half back or half forward?

Where would Stephens play for us though? I think why he wants to leave is coz he isn't getting a game, not sure that changes much at Melbourne.

Id like to get him also just from a depth perspective, but he'd be behind both Langdon and Hunter by a fair way. Maybe we could try turning him into a half back or half forward?
Can't recruit for depth because that means Goodwin lied to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stephens of 2022 could take Hunters spot. I felt he was a big part of the swans getting a GF appearance last year.

Stephens of 2023 has dropped away completely. I have not watched the swans for a few games now so maybe he has picked up.

I don't know if that is second year blues OR he just had a good year because nobody was aware of him or not.

Could Melbourne get pick 12 for Grundy (the Swans current draft pick) ?
- I say that because the Swans want tall forwards as well as Melbourne so that will not be on the trade table.

Stephens of 2022 could take Hunters spot. I felt he was a big part of the swans getting a GF appearance last year.

Stephens of 2023 has dropped away completely. I have not watched the swans for a few games now so maybe he has picked up.

I don't know if that is second year blues OR he just had a good year because nobody was aware of him or not.

- I say that because the Swans want tall forwards as well as Melbourne so that will not be on the trade table.

Hunter is a gun, not a chance Stephens is getting past him.

Pick 12 for Grundy? Mate put down the crack pipe.

Hunter is a gun, not a chance Stephens is getting past him.

Pick 12 for Grundy? Mate put down the crack pipe.

He could only take Jordans spot in the team with his form.

Swans are desperate for a Ruck though so maybe something can get worked out. But I feel you are right 12 will be way overs (considering his form as well)

Stephens is in his 4th year

He could only take Jordans spot in the team with his form.

Swans are desperate for a Ruck though so maybe something can get worked out. But I feel you are right 12 will be way overs (considering his form as well)

We paid what? 27? for him last year. His trade price would have only gone down from there.

Would take Langdons spot not Hunter, but even then I know Langdon does an incredible amount oh unrewarded running.

I think Ed is better than him at everything. He'd be a mile behind both of them. Only way he play's his natural wing position would be with an injury.

I think Ed is better than him at everything. He'd be a mile behind both of them. Only way he play's his natural wing position would be with an injury.
Ryan Clarke gets a game ahead of him. The only thing to like about Stephens at this stage is that he was once a high draft pick, and he did ok last year. Langdon has improved big time in recent weeks, finally cracking in at the ball again.

Grundy trade talks well underway according to Caro. Sydney, Port & Cats officially interested. “He’s out of Melbourne.”

Love the media narrative.

Grundy is hot property with three suitors.

But Melbourne will need to pay some of his salary and accept a pick around 30.

Something about Melbourne owing it to Grundy… Grundy has a choice, keep the money and risk playing VFL as a backup ruck at Melbourne, or give up some money to facilitate a trade so he can play first ruck elsewhere.

I don’t think Melbourne will go full Dodoro and demand unreasonable things and keep Grundy if Grundy wants out, but Melbourne aren’t going to get bent over on draft picks and salary cap space just to be nice guys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back