Past #6: Jason Horne-Francis - NM have been informed by JHF's management that he will seek a trade to SA [contracted for 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else still rewatching highlights and pinching themselves we got him?

Pinching? Ah f*** I've read it all wrong. I've punched myself into concussion.

"Pinching themselves".

Speak for yourself there.

Some of us need both hands while watching those videos.

For having a Big Crank.

I was barracking hard for at least 18 months for us to lose.

I was emotionally welded to him.

I will never even use his surname.. like never.

I’ve referred to him as the Moshiach, not sure if you drive around East St. KIlda but they have signs saying “prepare for Moshiacs arrival, please have your gifts ready(sic)”

Welll he’s ******* here, and I have my gifts ready.

YOUNG ROO STAR FLYING ON THE TRAINING TRACK
RUSSELL GOULD
NORTH Melbourne coach David Noble is having to hold back No.1 draft pick Jason Horne-Francis, who has “got a confidence about him” in his early days at Arden Street.

The 18-year-old has made an immediate and positive impression at the Kangaroos and Noble said there was nothing he didn’t like about the new addition.

“He has fitted in really well. I haven’t seen anything I haven’t liked,” Noble said on Wednesday.

“He’s smooth, is a great kick and everything we saw, we’re seeing on the track.

“He wanted to go No.1 so that comes with that. He has a confidence about him, not an arrogance, but he knows his capabilities.”

Noble said the new players were willing to do more than the club wanted with them as well.

“We‘ve just got to take it easy with them,” he said.

“The first years (players) are all a bit frustrated because you only do about 60 per cent before Christmas.”

Horne-Francis was given the No.6 jumper, which he wanted and may bode well for success, rather than the famous No.18 of Wayne Carey that went to offseason recruit Hugh Greenwood after his shock move from Gold Coast.

“Number six is the only jumper that’s been in every premiership, so from that side of things it’s got great heritage as well,” Noble said.

Noble said star midfielder Ben Cunnington was “tracking well” as he works through a nine-week course of chemotherapy.

With no hint of facetiousness, his highlights are the best of any draftee I’ve seen in the last 20 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wells was straight out quality
He was a bit unlucky to come into a team in decline but at his best was elite

The night before that draft was like Christmas eve.

Remember barely sleeping when we bumped up to pick #2 and were almost certainly taking Wells.

I think some on here forget how good he actually was. In his first year his defensive effort was like a pit bull too.

Didn't have JHF's power but his movement and skill was off the charts.

The night before that draft was like Christmas eve.

Remember barely sleeping when we bumped up to pick #2 and were almost certainly taking Wells.

I think some on here forget how good he actually was. In his first year his defensive effort was like a pit bull too.

Didn't have JHF's power but his movement and skill was off the charts.

Injuries just killed him

His 2013 was fantastic and it was really one of the only seasons he had as a mature player injury free

The euphemism's get stranger and stranger on Bigfooty as the years go by...

Injuries just killed him

His 2013 was fantastic and it was really one of the only seasons he had as a mature player injury free

On that note, I always cite 2013 as our best year under Scott in term of on-field brand. We played great football but defensively leaked in the last quarters too much.

We were in pretty much every game and played a really good style of football.

Our games vs top 8:

Hawthorn - 3pt loss, 14 pt loss

Geelong - 4 pt loss (**** you Bartel you diving ****), 10 pt win

Freo - 38 pt loss

Sydney - 39 pt loss (biggest of the year)

Richmond - 62 pt win

Collingwood - 16 pt loss, 11 pt win

Port - 10 pt win

Essendon - 45 pt win (they were scrubbed out of the finals)

So games vs top 8: 6 losses (some very narrow), 5 wins.

Percentage that year: 119.5

2013 should've and could've been so much more.

Never realised before looking back that had we won one more game (and we dropped some sitters) it would've been us ushered into the finals over *. To play Richmond who we basically had a contract with to take the 4 pts from...

Ah well.

On that note, I always cite 2013 as our best year under Scott in term of on-field brand. We played great football but defensively leaked in the last quarters too much.
That year was tough, the Adelaide and West Coast games in particular stung almost as much as starting the year 9-0 in '16, then preceding to win only another 3 games and obliterated in the elim.

We were in pretty much every game and played a really good style of football.

Our games vs top 8:

Hawthorn - 3pt loss, 14 pt loss

Geelong - 4 pt loss (**** you Bartel you diving ****), 10 pt win

Freo - 38 pt loss

Sydney - 39 pt loss (biggest of the year)

Richmond - 62 pt win

Collingwood - 16 pt loss, 11 pt win

Port - 10 pt win

Essendon - 45 pt win (they were scrubbed out of the finals)

So games vs top 8: 6 losses (some very narrow), 5 wins.

Percentage that year: 119.5

2013 should've and could've been so much more.

Never realised before looking back that had we won one more game (and we dropped some sitters) it would've been us ushered into the finals over *. To play Richmond who we basically had a contract with to take the 4 pts from...

Ah well.
Agree wholeheartedly that it was the best Brad Scott era team. We were just ridiculously fragile though with 5 losses under 5 points.
Cats with umpire assistance.
Hawks although it’s probably my favourite performance that ended up in a defeat.
Naitanui and the Eagles.
Petrenko and the Crows.
Bloody Carlton.
Because of this it was the most gut wrenching season I seen (remember well from 2002 onwards). 2008 and 2016 complete the unholy trifecta of painful years. Recent years weren’t great but didn’t have any expectations.
Anyhow bring on the Noble era. Very optimistic that there’s going to be steady improvement from here to at least being in contention for a flag.

Agree wholeheartedly that it was the best Brad Scott era team. We were just ridiculously fragile though with 5 losses under 5 points.
Cats with umpire assistance.
Hawks although it’s probably my favourite performance that ended up in a defeat.
Naitanui and the Eagles.
Petrenko and the Crows.
Bloody Carlton.
Because of this it was the most gut wrenching season I seen (remember well from 2002 onwards). 2008 and 2016 complete the unholy trifecta of painful years. Recent years weren’t great but didn’t have any expectations.
Anyhow bring on the Noble era. Very optimistic that there’s going to be steady improvement from here to at least being in contention for a flag.

Agree on Hawthorn. We played them at the MCG and between Aaron Black and Majak Daw you'd have thought we had our future forward stars emerging there and then.

Agree on Hawthorn. We played them at the MCG and between Aaron Black and Majak Daw you'd have thought we had our future forward stars emerging there and then.
Still remember Blacks running goal from 50 and Daws contested marking (couldn’t convert though from memory).
That day made me a true believer in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back