Past #6: Jason Horne-Francis - NM have been informed by JHF's management that he will seek a trade to SA [contracted for 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davies clearly wants it to just be picks - Pick 8 & F1.

Will be interesting to see where it lands. I'm not keen on a steak knives player thrown in.
Well, if that’s what Davies wants, he better start adding some more picks in.

Port were in contact over the last 2 weeks so right after the allegations dropped

Hold him to his contract if we seriously think clarko will be with us long term

JHF I reckon in 12 months time would stay if clarko is locked in and not uncertain
Port have been into him for months fwiw i have heard its was early jan this year port approached his management. If the deal is pick 8(9) Sinn and future first 12-15 id do the deal this year, if Port package up 8 and 27 to move up the draft even better. The club clearly wants him out and to be done with him but wants to extract maximum value from Porf

This could be the reason why, it’s not beyond belief that talks with both port and north have been ongoing prior to its release last night, prominent port people have been saying for a couple weeks there’s a big trade going on that hasn’t come out yet.

95bc8ed0368ecd4c55c0e00521dfdde7.jpg
"massive coup for Port Adelaide"......the AFL surely needs to look at this type of behavior. The worst team gets the number 1 draft pick and the standard contract is for 2 years. Then a rival club offers massive money for them to break the second year of the contract and offering up less "trade points" than a number 1 pick. On the other hand, AFL is dishing out draft assistance (prior to the knowledge of this trade) which Port are diluting to their own advantage, while a kid sets himself up on a big contract.

Port were in contact over the last 2 weeks so right after the allegations dropped

Hold him to his contract if we seriously think clarko will be with us long term

JHF I reckon in 12 months time would stay if clarko is locked in and not uncertain

His instagram has been flooded with abuse from North supporters, there is definitely no turning back now

Touted as a future captain. Lol

It should be a huge lesson for those who jump on the captaincy as a thing that can just be bandied about.

Here we are after a short period of time and I am pretty disgusted he got to wear the number 6.

He’s only marketable cause he was pick 1, pretty generic looking kid who didn’t produce. We got rid of Majak, Brown, Boomer and Dal who probably would 100x more marketable if that’s why we cared.
That's in year 1, what will he be in 3-5 years time. Can he be a top 10 player in the comp who turns games on its head like Martin or DeGoey?

Side note, but Boomer was only marketable to North people. I rarely saw non-North people talk about him. Maj and Brown were more recognised outside of the 4 walls.

Just to think we could have taken those picks from Adelaide or Richmond

I can’t recall the Richmond offer, but Adelaide’s was 3 1sts out (one tied to Melb) but they wanted our 2nd back (Which would basically wash the Melbourne pick) from memory.

We’ll get something similar enough from Port.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think Brady is bluffing at all.

If the Port offer isn't good enough and the Crows' offer is, he can either play with us in 2023 or play with Adelaide in 2023. Up to him. He might have 'chosen' Port but that will change if we reject Port's offer. If it doesn't, well he can come back to Melbourne and play with us.

If the Port offer isn't good enough and the Crows' offer is, he can either play with us in 2023 or play with Adelaide in 2023. Up to him. He might have 'chosen' Port but that will change if we reject Port's offer. If it doesn't, well he can come back to Melbourne and play with us.
On a positive note, there’s no one left in positions of authority to white ant him into taking a deal, it’ll all be on him.
Hold that line Brady

Didn’t a similar thing happen with Papley? He wanted to leave but got held to his contract?

Here's a scenario:

Could you offload other NM player's contract values onto Port as part of a 'salary dump' type deal (in addition to players/picks) to open cap space for others?

Imagine having Port watch Larkey pump 6-straight and paying for 50% of his salary while he does it...

Here's a scenario:

Could you offload other NM player's contract values onto Port as part of a 'salary dump' type deal (in addition to players/picks) to open cap space for others?

Imagine having Port watch Larkey pump 6-straight and paying for 50% of his salary while he does it...
😂 in case you are wondering, we don’t have questions over our salary cap.. infact we are running at around 95% with front loading to meet the cap requirements. Carltons cap though? s**t thats an issue of concern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back