Past #6: Jason Horne-Francis - NM have been informed by JHF's management that he will seek a trade to SA [contracted for 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get the sense the upcoming few weeks will be crucial for the lad. We can convince ourselves all we want that he'll stay loyal to the jumper but the fact is he's got body language issues and isn't channelling the frustration and anger coursing through him in a beneficial way. I'd prefer him to tackle and run rather than have a go at teammates and engage in cheap sniping off the ball. His personality strikes me as very headstrong, and if that's the case he might prefer to take a shortcut to success instead of sticking with the club for the long haul. And obviously there's the go home factor. Someone at the club needs to have a chat with him about how he channels the fire in the belly. I know it's there but today's display was the worst way to show it. I'm backing him in for a barnstorming back end to the season, but we need to make sure his head's with it. A suspension could be just what he needs to take some perspective

Guarantee everyone at the club wants to have a "talk" with him. That's dangerous.

This is where a choco Williams would be good. You only need one, maybe two voices, and they need to be very strong but calm. Also appears to me his dad had a very big say (naturally).

If everyone's talking to him then it's a bad time for all.

He sooked up today but I can understand his frustration. Leaders at the club need to get around him. Goldy tried to his credit. But didn't see many more in there. Said to my viewing friend I hope he doesn't get too frustrated about 3 mins before he decked Kelly. Could see it coming. If I could see it coming the club should have ffs. Needs more support.

Guarantee everyone at the club wants to have a "talk" with him. That's dangerous.

This is where a choco Williams would be good. You only need one, maybe two voices, and they need to be very strong but calm. Also appears to me his dad had a very big say (naturally).

If everyone's talking to him then it's a bad time for all.
Absolutely. Get someone who he's got a good relationship with, whether that's a teammate or a coach, and just adjust the course he's on slightly. This kid's a talent, body language issues notwithstanding we all want him to give his best for the club

He’s clearly frustrated with his own form. The hype preseason was huge and two touches at half time, he was embarrassed and looking to shift the blame, it’s what kids do

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fine, one week, whichever he gets, this has been going on since early May
Too right it has. The body language and the attitude displayed is poor. He might have some genuine points to be angry about such as a few frees missed in front of goal but he needs to show the ability to recover and keep working as opposed to his apparent sulking.

We've seen it happen for weeks, even when some posters in this thread were continuing to talk his performances up.

I put it out there a few weeks back as to whether North would have been better to take the Adelaide trade deal. As much as having the number one pick in the draft is something North really wanted, having a couple of good picks and whatever else it was that Adelaide offered might have been better for the rebuild.

He's a very very good player in a very very poor team. I don't blame him for being frustrated.

He’s not a very very good player. He has the potential to be, but he still has a hell of a lot to learn.
As for your other point, yes, he’s in a very very poor team.

To me, it looked like he caught Kelly somewhere between the shoulder and the pec, admittedly a bit late, and a tad high, but mayo added by Kelly to immediately grab his head and eyeball the umpire gave the commentators time to find him guilty already, free kick worthy only ?

Still yet to see an angle of the hit that shows him definitively collect Kelly on the jaw.

May have made some minor contact, but Kelly acted like he'd uppercutted him and then curb stomped him.

1655025516292.png

He sooked up today but I can understand his frustration. Leaders at the club need to get around him. Goldy tried to his credit. But didn't see many more in there. Said to my viewing friend I hope he doesn't get too frustrated about 3 mins before he decked Kelly. Could see it coming. If I could see it coming the club should have ffs. Needs more support.
I thought I saw Ziebs a few times run well out of his way to give a reassuring word to Jason (and Larkey) after either a disappointing play or call from the ump.

Goldie, Jack and Luke would be well aware of the frustrations of the players and the snipers adjusting their scopes in the media.

I thought leadership was ok. Not having a midfield turn up was the issue.

Another week, another first-time poster with inside sources telling us JHF wants out

You can pick JHF's mates, they're the ones with the big flappy lips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back