AFL Player # 6: Jye Caldwell

Remove this Banner Ad

Think we forget how many games he's played. 55 games going into 2024 when players like Baily Smith from the same draft had already played over 100. Even with Smith missing all of 2024 Caldwell still won't anywhere near that.

Not saying that's a sign that Jye will be good, but he has a lot of untapped upside if he can keep progressing. He's already got the heart, he just needs to tighten up around the ground and make the most of his opportunities and get involved more. If he can use this season to do that then we'll have a serious big stage player on our hands for many years to come. Those kind of players are invaluable when the game is on the line, especially in finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

used to think we should try get the ball in his hands more, but starting to think “defensive player with the iq to choose his moments well, and the class to make the most of them” is probably better for the team right now. either way, this guy rules.

i'll say it again, but i genuinely think he's the cog we've been missing in the guts. he's a solid player with good disposal and work rate, i think he could genuinely build into a very solid defensive option in there, same as durham.

He seems seems to do the tag/follow role really well. Having midfielders that can stiffle their opposition while also getting possessions is gold. Durham and Caldwell are 2 of my favourite players right now.

Got this sinking feeling that he won’t line up but Brad will keep him named in the side to keep Adelaide guessing until the last minute (which is legitimate in the rules apparently). Seems to be one of Brad’s favourite tricks after diving deep into the rules during his AFL house stint 😕

Got this sinking feeling that he won’t line up but Brad will keep him named in the side to keep Adelaide guessing until the last minute (which is legitimate in the rules apparently). Seems to be one of Brad’s favourite tricks after diving deep into the rules during his AFL house stint 😕
Any doubt save him for Anzac day!

I've got the same feeling. Worked wonders for Jones though, Saints didn't put any body on him and played him into form.

Sheeds had better tricks like tying down the windsock at Windy Hill!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back