AFL Player # 6: Jye Caldwell

Remove this Banner Ad

If you are one of, what I estimate at, 200 amateur players who played underage rep footy as a midfielder between 2012 and 2020, and is still fit, but who is not currently on an AFL list you almost certainly would (get 30 possessions).
I’m not, but I am reasonably tall (185cm) and big bodied. But more big bodied in a Kane Cornes would body shame me kind of way.

If you are one of, what I estimate at, 200 amateur players who played underage rep footy as a midfielder between 2012 and 2020, and is still fit, but who is not currently on an AFL list you almost certainly would (get 30 possessions).
Also, three midfielders got 30 or more possessions on the weekend, Merrett, Taranto and Caldwell. The others didn’t play underage rep I guess?

I’m not, but I am reasonably tall (185cm) and big bodied. But more big bodied in a Kane Cornes would body shame me kind of way.
nice!

hit me up:

onlyfans/jmoo

They should put me in the midfield. I’d get 30 touches a game obviously cos I’d be in the midfield. And I’d do it for only $150k.
At first glance this seems good value... but then again I'm aware we could put absolutely anyone into the midfield and they would be guaranteed to get 30 touches because anyone playing in the midfield will always get 30 touches regardless of their ability.

So instead of 150k I would like to offer you ticket for a weekly steak burger, redeemable from the hangar club bbq just near the can bar. You also get a ticket for a free soft drink or a half price beer. When you arrive, just ask for Mitch Hibberd. He's got the tickets.

Gosh his hands are impeccable, and his attack on the footy is something we have missed in the engine room for a long time. Can someone tell me what parish offers that caldwell doesn't (except parish being less injury prone)?
A midfield of Caldwell, Hobbs, Tsatas, Setterfield going forward with Merrett and Shiel as our experienced heads gives us a lot more variation. It is tasty to say the least. Perkins, Martin, Davey to rotate through as well oh my lord

Gosh his hands are impeccable, and his attack on the footy is something we have missed in the engine room for a long time. Can someone tell me what parish offers that caldwell doesn't (except parish being less injury prone)?
A midfield of Caldwell, Hobbs, Tsatas, Setterfield going forward with Merrett and Shiel as our experienced heads gives us a lot more variation. It is tasty to say the least. Perkins, Martin, Davey to rotate through as well oh my lord
3 years of consistent clearances, CPs, SI and a more seasoned hardened body that suits our 2025 time frame in the midfield

At first glance this seems good value... but then again I'm aware we could put absolutely anyone into the midfield and they would be guaranteed to get 30 touches because anyone playing in the midfield will always get 30 touches regardless of their ability.

So instead of 150k I would like to offer you ticket for a weekly steak burger, redeemable from the hangar club bbq just near the can bar. You also get a ticket for a free soft drink or a half price beer. When you arrive, just ask for Mitch Hibberd. He's got the tickets.
The 150k is for the pain, suffering and mental anguish caused by Kane Cornes’ constant fat shaming and the weekly abuse and jeering from a stadium full of furious Essendon supporters as I jog round in a short circle in the middle of the ground panting without going anywhere near the ball. I’ll take the burgers though.

Last edited:
He absolutely butchered it any time he kicked around the corner on his left on the weekend. Looked like a kid kicking on his left for the first time, literally throwing it in the direction of his foot.
Rest of his game was very very good, including some sublime kicking on his right

The 150k is for the pain, suffering and mental anguish caused by Kane Cornes’ constant fat shaming and the weekly abuse and jeering from a stadium full of furious Essendon supporters as I jog round in a short circle in the middle of the ground panting without going anywhere near the ball. I’ll take the burgers though.
Good plan. Get your 30 in the centre square. Greg Williams style. Can guarantee I’ll be yelling at the telly. Let’s do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be interesting to see what role Caldwell plays against West Coast given Shiel is back.

Will be interesting to see what role Caldwell plays against West Coast given Shiel is back.
Will still mostly be on ball. Setterfield out means he's our best defensive IM

Different player, if you're into semantics.
I'll change to their "spot" if you like?
Just a bug bear of mine

Its like having 2 onballers who both play 75% cbas. The 'role' in a wholistic view arent different. Just different players.

Unless your claiming different roles because a player is a hit to target 10% more of the time then another player ect and that deems they play a different 'role'

Like i really dont think Tom Green and Conigilio have different roles this weekend for GWS. They play differently

Are there really 18 different roles? No

watched the game again and geez he was good. Fills me with some serious hope that IF Darcy Parish does decide to leave that Jye could step in and do a serviceable role that Darcy plays.

Go well again tonight young man

He just does these little things that make him look super efficient. I’ve been watching him like a hawk lately. He can one grab marks where his contemporaries would juggle same mark. His disposals overall seem clean and usually end in scoring opportunities. He is like Mr efficient his 20 possessions is worth a poor man’s 30 possessions.

Just a bug bear of mine

Its like having 2 onballers who both play 75% cbas. The 'role' in a wholistic view arent different. Just different players.

Unless your claiming different roles because a player is a hit to target 10% more of the time then another player ect and that deems they play a different 'role'

Like i really dont think Tom Green and Conigilio have different roles this weekend for GWS. They play differently

Are there really 18 different roles? No
Of course there is 18 roles out there even if you are playing like a hive mind.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back