6 Reasons why not to drink pasteurised milk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes I do believe treated milk serves no purpose health wise, it's just another commercial food product marketed with misinformation to make zillions n rip off the public.
Just like cereal, bread, chips n twisties etc...

All the vitamins n minerals claimed to be in milk are from tests done on raw milk.
Just like they say there's 1g of vitamin C in each tab, 1g of Vit C is added to start with but after the fillers are added & heat is used to bind the tablet, what amount is absorbed & utilised by the body aver ingestion is another story.
As I said earlier, contact a dairy lab & ask them to send you a lab analysis of what percentage of the nutrients in milk survives or isn't destroyed after it's pasteurised , they don't know which is sad don't you agree?

Yeah, I was sort of hoping for you to recommend I read some peer-reviewed source or study than contact a dairy lab and hope the person at the desk knows the nutritional value of their milk. You claim there is no goodness in milk after it is homogenised/pasteurised and Ive read decent stuff that disagrees. All Im asking for is a link or something to decent research that backs up what you say.

Im certainly no nutritional scientist I just know theres a lot of myths and halftruths out there that I like to get my head around

Cool to read in todays Sunday HUN Body and Soul advocating Sushi mainly because the white rice is cold and has been turned into resistant starch. :thumbsu:

Even seen a Barley Wrap the other day in Woolies with big print in the front that it contains Resistant Starch. The nutrition message in general is definitely spreading

I bought the kids a bag of Lentil chips, once off cos they contain sunflower oil, but noticed they contained potato resistance starch.
Shame they ain't cooked in coconut oil cos they'd become a regular treat!

Yeah, I was sort of hoping for you to recommend I read some peer-reviewed source or study than contact a dairy lab and hope the person at the desk knows the nutritional value of their milk. You claim there is no goodness in milk after it is homogenised/pasteurised and Ive read decent stuff that disagrees. All Im asking for is a link or something to decent research that backs up what you say.

Get on the phone like I did, I research as much as I can before I buy anything, especially for my kids.
Not everything has studies to prove its good or bad.
Google , Milks side effects.
Common sense tells me heat has an effect on everything, stand out in sun for too long & what happens?
I like to consume foods as close to its natural state as possible.
Dig deep to whom funded the the stuff you've read that is pro milk.
All my fathers side of his family are dairy farmers in Gippsland Vic, they & my cousins have grown up on raw milk & seem fairly healthy to me.
Actually due to regularly having a cooked breakfast they didn't drink much milk, more so a lot of butter n cream.

You seem like you have an open mind atleast which is good, you gain nothing from ignorance.

I can picture the delight on their faces.

Ok, I lol'ed :D

I have a long time friend who was a dairy farmer in Western Vic. He and his family never drank milk from the shops, if they did, they all felt sick. If they made their own butter and drank raw milk they were fine.

Personally, I don't have very many dairy products aside from grass fed butter.I don't like the taste and I it adds nothing to my diet.

Im certainly no nutritional scientist I just know theres a lot of myths and halftruths out there that I like to get my head around

J Agric Food Chem. 2006 May 3;54(9):3409-20.
Effects of heat and high hydrostatic pressure treatments on disulfide bonding interchanges among the proteins in skim milk.
Patel HA1, Singh H, Anema SG, Creamer LK.
Author information

Abstract
Traditionally, milk has been heat treated to control microorganisms and to alter its functionality, for example, to increase its heat stability. Pressure treatment has been considered as a possible alternative for microorganism control, but some of the functionality-related milk protein interactions have not been explored. The present study used two novel two-dimensional polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (2D PAGE) methods to explore the differences in the irreversible disulfide bond changes among the milk proteins after four common heat treatments and after 30-min pressure treatments of milk at 200, 400, 600, and 800 MPa at ambient temperature (22 degrees C). The pasteurizing heat treatment (72 degrees C for 15 s) denatured and aggregated only a few minor whey proteins, but the high heat treatments (100 degrees C for 120 s, 120 degrees C for 120 s, and 140 degrees C for 5 s) formed disulfide-bonded aggregates that included a high proportion of all of the whey proteins and kappa-casein (kappa-CN) and a proportion of the alpha(s2)-CN. Pressure treatment of milk at 200 MPa caused beta-lactoglobulin (beta-LG) to form disulfide-bonded dimers and incorporated beta-LG into aggregates, probably disulfide-bonded to kappa-CN. The other whey proteins appeared to be less affected at 200 MPa for 30 min. In contrast, pressure treatment at 800 MPa incorporated beta-LG and most of the minor whey proteins, as well as kappa-CN and much of the alpha(s2)-CN, into aggregates. The accessibility of alpha(s2)-CN and formation of complexes involving alpha(s2)-CN, kappa-CN, and whey proteins in the pressure treated milk is an important novel finding. However, only some of the alpha-lactalbumin was denatured or incorporated into the large aggregates. These and other results show that the differences between the stabilities of the proteins and the accessibilities of the disulfide bonds of the proteins at high temperature or pressure affect the formation pathways that give the differences among the resultant aggregates, the sizes of the aggregates, and the product functionalities.

http://barfblog.com/categories/raw-food/page/4/

We’re concerned that people may be continuing to get sick after consuming products from this farm,” said Trisha Robinson, a foodborne illness epidemiologist with MDH.
“While we are very concerned about the illnesses associated with this farm, this also is about the inherent risk for foodborne illness from any raw milk consumption,” Robinson said. “Drinking raw milk or eating products made from raw milk can expose you to a variety of pathogens that can result in anything from a few days of diarrhea to kidney failure and death. People need to think carefully about those risks before consuming raw dairy products from any source, and people need to know that the risks are especially high for young children.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes if you want man boobs & a mineral deficiency, Soy was invented to kill off all the vegetrerians.
I'd be Interested in any study on this, I'm a convert of the soy latte. Probably only consume 100-150ml soy milk per day, I originally avoided soy due to the estrogen talk surrounding it.

It's a load of crap.
Most probably, yes! But I wouldn't discount possible side effects if consumed in large quantity (like most things). But as we all know if you consume about 90% of foods according to Ablett you will instantly become ill and inevitably die.

Most probably, yes! But I wouldn't discount possible side effects if consumed in large quantity (like most things). But as we all know if you consume about 90% of foods according to Ablett you will instantly become ill and inevitably die.

Yep, just about everything has nasty effects in large quantities. Water will kill you if you drink enough.

This myth that soy will somehow turn a man into a woman is insane.

J Agric Food Chem. 2006 May 3;54(9):3409-20.
Effects of heat and high hydrostatic pressure treatments on disulfide bonding interchanges among the proteins in skim milk.
Patel HA1, Singh H, Anema SG, Creamer LK.
Author information

Abstract
Traditionally, milk has been heat treated to control microorganisms and to alter its functionality, for example, to increase its heat stability. Pressure treatment has been considered as a possible alternative for microorganism control, but some of the functionality-related milk protein interactions have not been explored. The present study used two novel two-dimensional polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (2D PAGE) methods to explore the differences in the irreversible disulfide bond changes among the milk proteins after four common heat treatments and after 30-min pressure treatments of milk at 200, 400, 600, and 800 MPa at ambient temperature (22 degrees C). The pasteurizing heat treatment (72 degrees C for 15 s) denatured and aggregated only a few minor whey proteins, but the high heat treatments (100 degrees C for 120 s, 120 degrees C for 120 s, and 140 degrees C for 5 s) formed disulfide-bonded aggregates that included a high proportion of all of the whey proteins and kappa-casein (kappa-CN) and a proportion of the alpha(s2)-CN. Pressure treatment of milk at 200 MPa caused beta-lactoglobulin (beta-LG) to form disulfide-bonded dimers and incorporated beta-LG into aggregates, probably disulfide-bonded to kappa-CN. The other whey proteins appeared to be less affected at 200 MPa for 30 min. In contrast, pressure treatment at 800 MPa incorporated beta-LG and most of the minor whey proteins, as well as kappa-CN and much of the alpha(s2)-CN, into aggregates. The accessibility of alpha(s2)-CN and formation of complexes involving alpha(s2)-CN, kappa-CN, and whey proteins in the pressure treated milk is an important novel finding. However, only some of the alpha-lactalbumin was denatured or incorporated into the large aggregates. These and other results show that the differences between the stabilities of the proteins and the accessibilities of the disulfide bonds of the proteins at high temperature or pressure affect the formation pathways that give the differences among the resultant aggregates, the sizes of the aggregates, and the product functionalities.

Cheers for the aritcle abstract but still not sure how it backs up what you were saying. Isn't it saying that 70C (pasteurising heat) "denatured and aggregated only a few minor whey proteins" but extreme temperatures and pressure changed the proteins more significantly?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back