Past #6: Taylor Garner - delisted end '21 - 49 NM games/37 NM goals - go well Garns

Remove this Banner Ad

Just get him to some eastern block country and inject him with horse jizz or whatever that stuff is that will fix him.
Horse jizz would be too scared to get into Garners bloodstream.

I just think we need to take the punt on him again. Opposition players s**t themselves when he is in the vicinity.

I like the idea of a contract based on games played with the second year triggering a bigger wave if he can get on the park next year.

I wouldn’t be surprised if another club comes knocking and tries to take him.

So, the majority now view is we should keep him?

LOL, that was the minority view a week ago.

He came in and played like he hadn't been injured at all. IMO he's been the best conditioned of all the long/medium termed injured blokes to come back into the squad. That says a lot.

He's a fair bit ahead of quite a few on our team that don't struggle for fitness. Wouldn't kill me if he got some kind of lifeline for us... wage needs to come in completely though. Talent has never been the question but fair to say he'd probably give us more in 12 games a year than a fair bit of the list.

He looks in great condition. I thought he was covering the ground brilliantly in 2017 and had turned a corner then.
Yeah I’m going purely off memory, but I don’t feel like he‘s ever looked like an athlete. Now he does. Hope he keeps going and he’s doing the necessary precautionary stuff for his hammy’s. Like Pilates or whatever.
be interested to know if he has undertaken any of those steps This year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tonight might've refreshed some people on how much more competitive we are when guys like Garner and Turner are prowling our forward lines and creating opportunities for others.

He was important late last year.

But 11 games in the last three seasons. He is a bit like one those holes you can find yourself in, just digging deeper and deeper trying to get out. Its hard to believe his hammies will hold up. If they do he's well worth it.

One game shouldn't decide a career, but considering we're heading into a transition phase, not unhappy to give him another year on base money with triggers for games played/performance etc.

Need to continue the worth ethic we saw last night through pre-season with the kids and draftees.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back