Past #6: Taylor Garner - delisted end '21 - 49 NM games/37 NM goals - go well Garns

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm going to keep a close eye on his kicking today.

He doesn't have to be perfect, but he needs to show he's worked on it while he's been unable to do more physically intensive training.

My prevailing memory of his career so far is him doing brilliantly to win the ball and then shanking it directly to an opposition player.

I'm going to keep a close eye on his kicking today.

He doesn't have to be perfect, but he needs to show he's worked on it while he's been unable to do more physically intensive training.

My prevailing memory of his career so far is him doing brilliantly to win the ball and then shanking it directly to an opposition player.

Interesting.

Which marking half forward who provides defensive pressure, would you rate more favorably?

Interesting.

Which marking half forward who provides defensive pressure, would you rate more favorably?

He needs to improve his kicking to be the best player he can be.

I have absolutely no interest in arguing with you about how he hypothetically rates against other players.

He needs to improve his kicking to be the best player he can be.

I have absolutely no interest in arguing with you about how he hypothetically rates against other players.

Okay, I understand your lack of willingness to put your premise to the test.

I reckon you are magnifying the issue way out of proportion. Carry on.

Okay, I understand your lack of willingness to put your premise to the test.

I reckon you are magnifying the issue way out of proportion. Carry on.
Garner is a complete butcherer of the ball and always has been, isn’t that common knowledge? Has incredible athletic gifts but can not kick the ball. We have a number of those players. Too many.

Garner is a complete butcherer of the ball and always has been, isn’t that common knowledge? Has incredible athletic gifts but can not kick the ball. We have a number of those players. Too many.
Not taking the piss but I have never considered him to be a butcher, given we have a few who could qualify but I wouldn’t count Garns amongst them.

Not taking the piss but I have never considered him to be a butcher, given we have a few who could qualify but I wouldn’t count Garns amongst them.

Uncle Leo MKII.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he backs up, he gets a contract.
Has missed a lot of footy and looked almost upset after that, certainly deflated. Imo. Showed a lot more grunt and "I wanna hurt blokes" than most. Imo.

I'm curious has he ever actually injured his hamstrings during a game? I only ever recall him getting injured in pre season or at training

Excuse the correction but was that meant to be Rowville ?
I’m from the area and saw Roseville and thought he only played around here.

Absolute gun too Taylor. That Rowville junior team had some good players, Patton, Crozier, Garner and a few others that went close.
Yep there was a game I think Rowville versus Noble Park where he dominated. I was there to watch a mate but Garner took the piss that day. A class above and then some.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back