VFL Past #65: Shaun McKernan šŸ“ - Returns to the Dons

Remove this Banner Ad

Definitely thought he would be doing better this year showed alot of heart last year but seems to have lost it as well as any sort of skill by hand or foot hopeless in the air and constantly gives frees away in the ruck first guy delisted for me

Was it my imagination or did he lose like 2 marking contests to Daniel Rich. I mean you would expect any ruckman to take the grab against a player with such a massive height advantage. Not to mention we all know that Daniel Rich has very short arms (because you know T-rex references and all) and yet still, he couldn't win the contests.

My mind is wandering back to the Mathew Knights days and not playing a ruckman. I actually think if the choice is Mckernan or no ruck we might as well just play an extra midfielder. He can barely win a tap out to save his life anyway so we aren't losing much. He was our worst player last week and then this week he was even less effective.

Delist and pick up anyone with some height and some talent. Won't be worse.

Was it my imagination or did he lose like 2 marking contests to Daniel Rich. I mean you would expect any ruckman to take the grab against a player with such a massive height advantage. Not to mention we all know that Daniel Rich has very short arms (because you know T-rex references and all) and yet still, he couldn't win the contests.

My mind is wandering back to the Mathew Knights days and not playing a ruckman. I actually think if the choice is Mckernan or no ruck we might as well just play an extra midfielder. He can barely win a tap out to save his life anyway so we aren't losing much. He was our worst player last week and then this week he was even less effective.

Delist and pick up anyone with some height and some talent. Won't be worse.

Cooney, Dempsey and Zaharakis were all worse today. Brown was arguably worse as well.

Cooney, Dempsey and Zaharakis were all worse today. Brown was arguably worse as well.
Incorrect.
McKernan worst on ground.

The ones you listed didn't pick and choose when to get involved. They just made mistakes, bad day at the office. McKernan on the other hand, tries to get the cheapie out the back or nothing. Wont put body on the line.

For 2s today, with a ripping diving mark and bullet pass to JD he looked like a jet. The remaining 100mins he was hopeless

Incorrect.
McKernan worst on ground.

The ones you listed didn't pick and choose when to get involved. They just made mistakes, bad day at the office. McKernan on the other hand, tries to get the cheapie out the back or nothing. Wont put body on the line.

Zaharakis couldn't get a kick in a karate fight for the first 3 quarters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zaharakis couldn't get a kick in a karate fight for the first 3 quarters

yet still did more than McKernan. It's ok to say a guy will make it and he doesn't, we've all done it.

Not through lack of effort or work rate

What? He had an extremely poor work rate and lack of effort in the first half. He was soft, weak and not running hard enough to break the tag. guys like Ablett get tagged harder than zaka but you know what they do? They work hard to break the tag. Zaka didn't give a Yelp

yet still did more than McKernan. It's ok to say a guy will make it and he doesn't, we've all done it.

Disagree - when the game was there to be won zaka did stuff all. McKernan at least got involved in the first 3 quarters setting up some goals. Zaka got some possessions in junk time in the last quarter when the game was over. Worst on ground for effort was Zaharakis

Gone. Considering his career is on the line, his lack of intensity is pretty telling.
The sheer space cadet-ness he has shown over the last few weeks is truly staggering. From weaving through traffic, taking his time and then somehow choosing to handball to a saints player in the corridor, to today where upon us getting a free, he just kind of threw the ball not to his teammate who earnt the free but to the patch of grass beyond the mark.

Most disappointing player this year given the level of expectation around him, especially since we are desperate for a second tall forward/ruck option to stand up.

Would he have any draft value, although I can see him going elsewhere and being a star.

Can you name one player who has been delisted, picked up by another club and then traded?

He has absolute no trade value.

Can you name one player who has been delisted, picked up by another club and then traded?

He has absolute no trade value.

We didn't rate Josh Jenkins, every club has stories of players they let go that went elsewhere and starred, of course big names can be traded and be duds so it isn't a given that Smack would do any better elsewhere.

We didn't rate Josh Jenkins, every club has stories of players they let go that went elsewhere and starred, of course big names can be traded and be duds so it isn't a given that Smack would do any better elsewhere.

we did rate josh jenkins we just had some quality ruck/forwards and we were going to give him another year on rookie list to develop. he got a much better offer from Adelaide and the rest is history.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back