AFL Player # 7: Indefatigable Zach Merrett (c) - Your ANZAC Day Medallist - 25/4

Remove this Banner Ad

Zach is a very serious young man. I wonder if he’ll loosen up a bit as he gets older. Very little piss taking or shenanigans it seems.
Just needs to have a look at shaggs from Leongatha to see how it's done.

Zacky taking after Nathan Burke by wearing a helmet

On Zachy's seriousness, he seems popular at the club so I kind of put his seriousness down to how he speaks more than anything, people who have that harsh sounding voice will often sound dry until you get to know them.

Zach is a very serious young man. I wonder if he’ll loosen up a bit as he gets older. Very little piss taking or shenanigans it seems.
I bumped into him at the sponsors night a few years back when he was in his second year. He had a couple of cokes in his hand and I said to him “you should put some bourbon in that, I won’t tell anyone”. He then gave me one of the most disgusted looking looks that has ever been looked at me and walked away with an aggressively grunted “yeah” and rolled his eyes.
I felt both enthralled and embarrassed by what I had just witnessed.

Whilst it was only a fleeting exchange, it said a lot about the young man. There was a steely determination and an absolute contempt for fools that I quite liked.

I bumped into him at the sponsors night a few years back when he was in his second year. He had a couple of cokes in his hand and I said to him “you should put some bourbon in that, I won’t tell anyone”. He then gave me one of the most disgusted looking looks that has ever been looked at me and walked away with an aggressively grunted “yeah” and rolled his eyes.

Whilst it was only a fleeting exchange, it said a lot about the young man. There was a steely determination and an absolute contempt for fools that I quite liked.
that’s brilliant! i love Zach!

Bourbon and coke- you ******* philistine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s probably a bit on the spectrum and doesn’t understand why anyone wouldn’t take any pursuit in life totally and utterly seriously. And that includes forum posting. So for the benefit of our lad Zach pull up your ******* socks DERO

First time I got truly drunk was the first time I threw up from grog was the last time I tasted Southern Comfort...

My mates dad had a bottle of Southern Comfort aged 15 years sitting on a shelf when his parents wern't home we had a glass each man it was super sweet was like drinking a cup of sugar lols

Considering the strength of Freo's midfield, he cannot afford to have a down game this weekend. We need him at his best. Hopefully there are no residual ill-effects from the knock last week.

Is Zerrett really wearing a helmet tomorrow night?

First time I got truly drunk was the first time I threw up from grog was the last time I tasted Southern Comfort...

Haha, me too....just the site of a bottle or a wiff of it's smell is enough to flash me back 30 years and make my stomach turn.

It'd be pretty awesome! He'll look like a superhero.

giphy.gif

Haha, me too....just the site of a bottle or a wiff of it's smell is enough to flash me back 30 years and make my stomach turn.
Hang on... 30 years? Were you in that paddock with me and a couple of other 15 yr olds back in 1988?

I have the same nostalgic repulsion as you do.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back