Player Watch #7: Jack Viney (VC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Felt like viney really had a crack but just couldn't make an impact. Like he just isn't making tackles like he use to. He's never been quick but just a little bit of a drop is enough.

Our midfielders are strong and good in close. But they're also pretty damn slow.

If Max isn't hitting to advantage, he'd be better off just tapping it to his own feet and letting our inside mids go at it. Once the opposition mids get even half a step of separation, we just can't catch them.

I'll always back Viney in close, but that's about all he can do now.

Our midfielders are strong and good in close. But they're also pretty damn slow.

If Max isn't hitting to advantage, he'd be better off just tapping it to his own feet and letting our inside mids go at it. Once the opposition mids get even half a step of separation, we just can't catch them.

I'll always back Viney in close, but that's about all he can do now.
Even in close he still looked like coming out just short of impact. I'm only going by my eye but I ain't going to watch the replay just felt like he was just a little off where he may have been able to impact in the past.

This game reminded me of our game in 2010 against Brisbane except in reverse. All night I thought Brisbane's bigger bodies will eventually work our young team over, except it never happened and we ran out comfortable winners.

19 disposals, only 3 of those contested and only 1 clearance.

Does he need to play out his career as a defensive forward or something? Is still good around goals.

We know Oliver isn't playing anywhere else and both Clarry and Viney in there is unnecessary. Give his midfield minutes to Rivers.

In Trouble Toast GIF

Post match interview he looked shattered , i thought the pausing during his interview was him trying to pick his words carefully. Father time is catching up with Jack .

It's alright everyone, we're seeing "positive KPIs".

That Deloitte internship is paying off.

The 809 idiots liking that post. :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That high ball that Jaicos was allowed to chest mark uncontested was incredibly pissweak from Viney. Kill the ball or ****ing club him, instead he flapped all over it like Mark Bosnich after a night out at the South Melbourne ballet.

That's Proud to Belong, baby
Dave had me for the first part and lost me toward the end.

davegotts:
The level of delusion coming out of MFC at the minute is astonishing. They are stuck in their own echo chamber of learnings, feedback and kpi's. :love:

They've lost their defensive edge and base and are completely lost with ball in hand and going fwd. Only problem over last 3yrs has been fwd efficiency and yet Stafford remains and this year we go away from our DNA. What a waste. :thumbsdownv1:

19 disposals, only 3 of those contested and only 1 clearance.

Does he need to play out his career as a defensive forward or something? Is still good around goals.

We know Oliver isn't playing anywhere else and both Clarry and Viney in there is unnecessary. Give his midfield minutes to Rivers.
He's carrying something, cooked, or both. Reckon you're on with the solution. Send Swallow (yeah he's earned the JJ treatment (sidenote, I've forgotten that guy's name for real)) off to the moon chasing his kicks and give Viney his spot for now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back